Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
InterconKW

lol matchmaking

12 comments in this topic

341 posts
4,020 battles

83IqyXN.jpg

By all means, my performance in the game was not special or too terrible, but the team played pretty well, I survived and helped some friendly destroyers and there was some banter and laughs shared between teams about it, so I'm not at all salty. I just have no clue how this was allowed to happen.

:teethhappy: I DID IT FOR THE BEAR!

P.S. in this situation would it be OK to not cover other player's names?

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

The problem with Matchmaking is already evidenced in your screenshots. 0.5.9 maybe gave a more balanced MM in ranked battles where everyone is only +1/-1 or +0/-0 but it has broke random battles (Can't recall if 0.5.9 was the one where they broke T5/T6 MMing). WG states that T5 and T6 is fine and they can compete in their allocated tiers but most of the time, it is exactly like your screenshots, 1-4 -2tiers up against all +2 tiers. There are barely any intermediates (Tier 6). If it was 7 T5, 4 T6 and 1 T7 it would be a lot more balanced but instead you have this broken MM of 1 T5, 1 T6 and 10 T7.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Repost. Sometimes this happens.

Why can't they just make it -/+1 even tho teams are unevenly balanced we can deal with that situation.But in +2 It is huge disadvantage.

496 posts
4,171 battles

T4: T4-T5 games

T5 : T4-5 or T5->T7 games

T6 : T5-T7/ T6->T8

T7 : TT5->T7 / T6->T8

T8 : T6->T8 / T8->Tx

T9 : mainly T8->Tx games (i see T?->T9 i think its T7->T9)

Tx : T8->Tx games

I think that's about it for the MM

other that that its probably failed divisions......

T4 and below have "safe MM": where you don't get to fight with much higher tier compare to T5

Edited by ShiraYukira

110 posts
1,474 battles

Did Anyone say Broken MM??? How about This BS?

Lol

In regards to mm, obviously there is no simple fix. Either that, or wg just can't do simple. However, would a simple fix for tier 5+6 mm just be to slightly increase the weight for tiers? For example, in tier 4 ships I seem to be mostly top tier (not sure if true) while it is certainly true that I am rarely top tier as tier 5. So could you simply slightly increase the weight of t7 ships so they are increasingly likely to face t6/7/8/current chance for 9. If necessary tier 6 and 4 could be slightly increased also (so t4 sees less threes, t6 provides more filler in t7 instead of the fives, but sees current or 1/3 of t8). I'm not a numbers guy, so no suggestions there but is there any reason something like that couldn't be done?

Edited by TechnoGore

Sign in to follow this