Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Yularen

CV player letter to non CV player

82 comments in this topic

[BMRSF]
373 posts
2,517 battles

So i as a CV player i often meet words "Noob CV" "Useless CV" "remove CV from the game", it happen mostly when those players think we CV players can't give air support, so here what i said: unlike other ship classes that have unlimited ammunitions carrier have limited number of planes, so in one hand we must help our team by giving air support and in another hand we must protect our squadrons or we only become floating AA.

Here is a letter from a friend name Le Tran Huy Tuan in WOWS facebook group that is correct (i have to edit it because some words, you know...)

"A normal letter from a normal CV player to all player who don’t play CV or just stop at tier 4 - 6 :v
Dear fellow captain, good or bad, male or female, from a BB sniper and camp for an entire game to a cheeky DD player

Today, I represent for all CV player, from the one who just play for fun to the one who are real hardcore gamer, to say that there are some kind of players in game really make us uncomfortable (I don’t want to say this but u guys really weirdboo in some way = = )
The first one I want to blame is the player who go alone (We still dunno why he goes alone - Especially when that guy is playing IJN BB -_- ) and get sunk by enemy CV at the start of the game, then he blame us because have let him die (Seriously m8 = = ). Well, he die in bad way, so we don’t really care about it but the thing that make us angry is he blame us for some thing that us even not do. How can we protect all ships (12 ships is not a joke :v ) that go separate and spread out just like a tech tree (I know u guy want to cap - Want to camp or do something but u guys really need to watch the minimap and sure that team members is near u guy :D )
CV is very good vessel (But CV player is human :v ) so we can’t do air support and attack enemy at the same time (Except for CV player who usually use auto drop - Those guys really learn how to use manual drop :v ) - Stop blaming us because u guy die in that way = =
The next one is the blamer :v LOL :v Have u ever play CV? U get spotted by enemy CV - Blame - U get attack by enemy bomber - Blame - U get focus by enemy CV - Blame = =
Guys - Pls - Can u stop being childish? This game mechanics is make for teammates to support each other (I know lot of u guy won’t agree to this but I have to admit that if u guy not in a division - No one would give tips about support teammates = = )
Go near your teammates - AA nowadays is no joke for CV and if u guy use it right - Enemy CV will be avoid you (Despite I already have Haku - I still feel pain when play Ryujo and met Cleveland or North Carolina :v )
Don’t run into blank water (Or too far from your team) - If u met enemy there - Nobody can help u (Don’t blame CV for not help - We have more importance thing to deal with than use all planes to cover only u = = )
The third things is those the one that never play CV and like to prove that they know everything about CV (This one is the most [content removed] thing I have ever met in this game so far = = )
Pls - CV is 1 real player - Just like u guy so don’t blame them for running the mod u guy don’t like (Low tier US Strike CV get triggered everyday :v )
When u going to blame CV player for not run Air Superity Mod - Pls remember that u are not their master - They are equal with u guys in every aspect and of course, they can have their own choice. If they want to play Strike - They will go Strike CV - U can’t blame them for that
And if u guy can’t stand that? Fine! Go play CV and run the mode u want :v Guys - CV have the lowest player when compare to other class and I will be very thankful if u guy play it :3
U think CV is easy to play? Right :v CV too OP pls nerf, CV is insane pls nerf, CV is unstoppable, CV is..bla..bla...
Guys
AA guns is not just to decorate your ship
Go together is not just a joke
And CV planes nowadays is very weak when compare to AA at same tier from normal BB
And DV player have to deal with enemy fighter too, not just AA from enemy ships
So pls
Next time don’t blame us for not sending planes to kill DD near US cruiser or BB or enemy fighter
U guy really have no idea what actually u guys just ask for = =."

So that what also i was thinking i even made a meme when i see this WOWS reality

88p4hCB.png

That's all i want to said thanks for your understanding :)

Derogatory. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

203 posts
11,788 battles

Players hate CV especially the one with bad performance on the "team"

1. When there's a CV in a battle you know its those players choose to play CV. If they don't ? there's no CV in that match.

2. Performance of CVs you will be surprise how some manage to do all the micro managements. its all down to again.... players.

3. Players who says "Noob CV, Useless CV" is a indication of enemy CV is performing better than the one on the team. (Again like you saids sometimes its gonna be one of those players who go alone)

4. About Strikes loadout though THIS is like saying in a big sign "HEY I'M GONNA FARM THE DAMAGE AND I NEED THE AA FROM YOU SHIPS" and at low tiers where AA is...yeah (Cheatland says hi)

I repects all good CV drivers (Of course all those micros are not easy to do) but at the same time I hate the derpy one especially on my team.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

hearing "thank you cv" for helping  a team is enough for me, just ignore those keyboard warriors and help those who deemed worthy. XD (tbh im not confident in my cv play)po6dJV0.png

6 posts
9,297 battles

Since this is Asia server there is no place for weak CV player,if you're weak ofcourse [content removed],toxic,flame,blame will rush into your face asap when they're dead
and I'm agree with part3 that's the most [content removed] thing when playing as CV.....

//Release the BabyRage

Derogatory. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

I read that rather long post but as a CV player that ends up having the occasional strike load out player on my team and ends up in a frustrating loss because I have to face anywhere up to 3x squadrons of enemy fighters. Well I'm going to continue to thank them for their outstanding choice, if they carry the match good for them but you know what it hasn't happened yet. They've all fallen flat on their face and taken the team with them.

346 posts

Yeah I agree plus What's the problem with CV being last alive One time My staying alive got my team victory and some guy still called me noob even though I was top 3 in his team and he was bottom 3 :(

Edited by BravaZulu296

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Personally I hate those people who always claim CV weak. Oh come on!
Take this example, I, on a GK (BFT AFT), sailing about 3km away from a Montana, got attacked by the enemy Taiho. The Taiho took the Montana out with 2 torp groups (about 40% HP), and torped and bombed me. I am not complaining about being torped, our 3/0/2 Essex was doing his best. The point is, Taiho only lost 8 planes in total, 3 to Montana and 5 to me. Srsly is this weak? Surely Montana was spammed with HE and probably lost some AA, but he still got at least most of the 127mm/54 DP twin mounts intact, and he only shoot down THREE. My GK had one 55mm AA mount destroyed, but the rest is fully intact, and I only shoot down FIVE.
Come on, a T9 against two T10 sticking together and lost only 8 planes?
I am not doubting that CV is less powerful than in OBT, nor am I doubting that playing CV is stressful, but srsly, are CVs weak?

And I really don't get it when CV players complain about they having limited planes while surface ships have unlimited ammo. CVs also have unlimited ammo. As for planes, CVs usually place that flatdeck somewhere safe and they usually won't get killed early, but surface ships need to combat at the front line and often need to trade their own HP for enemies', just like how CVs lost their planes to enemy AA.
And I hope WG can make being in a CV battle or not optional, as there's a way of making sure you meet CV by divisioning with a CV, but not a way of making sure you don't meet one if you are playing T3 and above.
And frankly, there's a bit of a point in blaming the CV in the team when a surface ship gets bombed. Surely CV can't cover all friendly ships, but if no one in your team choose to play a CV, there won't be a CV in the enemy team and no one gets bombed.

Edited by _Halcyon

[BMRSF]
373 posts
2,517 battles

Yeah I agree plus What's the problem with CV being last alive One time My staying alive got my team victory and some guy still called me noob even though I was top 3 in his team and he was bottom 3 :(

Yup happen to me too...

440 posts
3,379 battles

I just want to say to cv players, thanks for your hardwork and many contribution to the battle since with surface ships, a broken (not incapacitated) turret can still be fixed with repair but planes, When they're shot down they're gone for good in the battle. I don't know how cv works (since I only main bb and ca) but watching the gameplays on them looks quite complicated, and that is why I tip my hat to you :honoring:

except for afk cvs, they need some "dedication" (I guess?) to the gameplay if I'd say so

but surface ships need to combat at the front line and often need to trade their own HP for enemies', just like how CVs lost their planes to enemy AA.

Yeah but their planes are like their ammo, if all their planes are shot down they'll just be ships with secondaries

81 posts
2,934 battles

All other classes get bashed. Its just that this one (or two) guy,who happens to play the most powerful ship on the team, got his intentions misunderstood then bam, stuff goes down. I personally dont judge cv, because they have THE cv experience and ummm they have feelings. ps dunno if its because of the persecution cv players get but i met alot of insecure cv players, i mean, i just typed "aa need" and then the cv got TRIGGERED

110 posts
1,474 battles

Personally I think both sides have good and valid points but I would like to add a couple things. First is if you are a cv and you see an enemy concentrating his strikes into a particular area, don't just make an unspoken truce and leave his planes to run rampant. Next (because it just happened) if there is an afk ship and three or even more ally ships on a flank that will handle it, don't farm the damage. Take your planes somewhere useful rather than wasting a minute+ flying to the other side of map and back for an afk... That goes for all players really, focus the dam ships that are shooting your ships over the afk please.

I once had the pleasure (he was good, it was good to watch) an enemy destroyer remain spotted and wreck 5 of our ships to take the win because... yep, my allies rather farm the damage than take out the threat first.

If you are good cv player my hat is off to you (like any good player) but if you are bad cv player, I really really hope you only bring another bad cv player in for the enemy.

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

Personally I hate those people who always claim CV weak. Oh come on!

Take this example, I, on a GK (BFT AFT), sailing about 3km away from a Montana, got attacked by the enemy Taiho. The Taiho took the Montana out with 2 torp groups (about 40% HP), and torped and bombed me. I am not complaining about being torped, our 3/0/2 Essex was doing his best. The point is, Taiho only lost 8 planes in total, 3 to Montana and 5 to me. Srsly is this weak? Surely Montana was spammed with HE and probably lost some AA, but he still got at least most of the 127mm/54 DP twin mounts intact, and he only shoot down THREE. My GK had one 55mm AA mount destroyed, but the rest is fully intact, and I only shoot down FIVE.

Come on, a T9 against two T10 sticking together and lost only 8 planes?

I am not doubting that CV is less powerful than in OBT, nor am I doubting that playing CV is stressful, but srsly, are CVs weak?

And I really don't get it when CV players complain about they having limited planes while surface ships have unlimited ammo. CVs also have unlimited ammo. As for planes, CVs usually place that flatdeck somewhere safe and they usually won't get killed early, but surface ships need to combat at the front line and often need to trade their own HP for enemies', just like how CVs lost their planes to enemy AA.

And I hope WG can make being in a CV battle or not optional, as there's a way of making sure you meet CV by divisioning with a CV, but not a way of making sure you don't meet one if you are playing T3 and above.

And frankly, there's a bit of a point in blaming the CV in the team when a surface ship gets bombed. Surely CV can't cover all friendly ships, but if no one in your team choose to play a CV, there won't be a CV in the enemy team and no one gets bombed.

Yes, BB AA should shoot down all 12 planes and CVs should never be able to damage me.

1,125 posts

reason that I don't CV in this game is... they can hit me but I can't hit them back... that's all

in my kongo, enemy TB, DB are Bee-line to me, pass through my team CL as it was nothing, I try to dodge but they out maneuvering me of cause

lure me to turn one side and swing back to drop other side, there's no way BB can turn against that

I lose 1/4 of HP they lose 1 plane... damn it...

and note, I don't dislike CV-player, I dislike the CV itself.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

CV is the hardest class to play (by far)

If non-CV players whines about how we let the team down, I tell them to cry me a river. I may not be the best CV captain, but I do respect other CV captains. Since OBT, CV have been the centre of attention for whiners, BBabies, Crysers, DDicks. For more than one year, we have received more insults than any other class in the game and honestly, we are sick of it. Thinking about it, only DDs and CVs captains teach other classes how to counter them but no one listens to CV captains and they go out there being target practice for other CV captains. Not our fault, it's your fault that you die to your own stupidity despite us teaching how to counter CVs. 

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

reason that I don't CV in this game is... they can hit me but I can't hit them back... that's all

Oh boy, you haven't seen the OBT IJN DDs line yet :D

in my kongo, enemy TB, DB are Bee-line to me, pass through my team CL as it was nothing, I try to dodge but they out maneuvering me of cause

lure me to turn one side and swing back to drop other side

How on Earth do you fall to such a low quality bait ? Doing that will only expose planes to enemy BBs for a long time as they make the return trip from one side to another side of a BB, even a Kongo should take more than 1 planes down

There's no way BB can turn against that

Clearly, you haven't played USN BB or the Dunkerque

I lose 1/4 of HP they lose 1 plane... damn it...

and note, I don't dislike CV-player, I dislike the CV itself.

CV is the hardest class to play by far. If you get killed by a CV, a CV always deserve the kill. 

Meanwhile in WOT and their Arty....

Not surprised, IJN BB as well, expecting to shoot down more than 1 plane is just unbalanced, it is the IJN national trait after all. Plus, nothing else at that tier have decent AA except for Kirov, New York and Texas
Edited by silenthunter19944

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

At this point, I still don't understand why WG still hasn't removed CVs in the game. I was once a dedicated CV player and never planned to play any other classes in this game as the initial state of CVs promises so much. There used to be so much potential in depth of gameplay and competitiveness on CVs and my god the first CVs players in this server was so good. I had so much fun fighting against them despite imbalances. But then, WG beat the crap out of the CV class and wasted all its potential. WG degraded the CV into a noob-friendly class that is completely broken in terms of balance, and now they are attempting to break it even further in 2017 by adding more "noob-friendliness" to the class.

Damn, if only new CV players can experience the earlier states of the CVs then they would never like what it is now.

Edited by Deicide

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

Well said Yularen... Well said. Here's a token for you

mLpiyVl.jpg

That being said, what he says is true. Not withstanding bad CV players, there is one other thing that he did not mention. It's the failure of the team to act against the ships spotted by the CV. I've been through that far too many times. The battles where the team acts against the spotted ships are just too far in between.

I try to have empathy towards BB players so I started playing BBs but despite that, I still cannot find it. Simply because their tactical awareness in inversely proportionate to the BB's tonnage.

This perfectly describes how every CV battle is

9Vr4LoA.jpg

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Ok, non CV player here. Here is the hard fact. If I see you in a Hakuryu, and I see you are doing right click lock ups over my DDs head, I will call you "noob cv" 200 times. I don't need to play CV myself to realize that this CV player learnt nothing on his way to a Tier 10.

People don't always call CV a "noob CV" just because the enemy CV is performing better. Today we had a match where our Hakuryu did his best, but that was not enough for a win, because of high amount of AA ships in the enemy. I didn't see anyone calling him a noob CV. People praised him for his efforts. If you are getting called that too frequently, may be you need to look back that something is going wrong there. There are clear symptoms that will tell me if a CV is careless / noob / low skilled / one dimensional. I don't really need to be a pro on CV myself to know that. Could I do better? may be yes, may be no, but I expect a guy who went up to T8+ to learn something on his way to the very least.

And I also respect every CV player, that's why every single ship of mine is AA specd.

DEATH TO CVS.

[SXLCE]
40 posts
3,247 battles

I don't like cv. The difference between good cv and bad cv is massive. A good cv can insta-delete your dd that is capping and wreck the rest. Whenever there are cv, I pray that i have the better cv otherwise it will be a very hard game.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I don't need to play CV myself to realize that this CV player learnt nothing on his way to a Tier 10.

*sigh....... Again, you don't play CV so you wouldn't understand. That CV player have learnt one of the most valuable skill that is required for CV game play; Reconnaissance, team play and micromanagement. By dropping his planes over you, he is sacrificing his damage potential (1 empty squad on recon duty) as well as defence potentiality (if fighters are being used). He is doing that so his team have a chance to kill you, which ensures victory for his team. That isn't him being bad, that is him doing exactly what a CV should do; search and destroy destroyers

There are clear symptoms that will tell me if a CV is careless / noob / low skilled / one dimensional. I don't really need to be a pro on CV myself to know that. 

Well look, I know that you are a super unicum without even looking at your stats. But your point don't have any validity in this discussion. You cannot comment on skill levels of CV captains without playing CV yourself. That quote applies to everyone, even super unicums

2 posts
1,923 battles

I'm an old player returning to WoW. 

And I still see some random solo charger get killed, then complain loudly how its my fault (CV player).

I just ignored him, and won the game with the rest of the team. 

In fact, I out-played the enemy CV player so well, he was typing "zzzzzzz" repeatedly at the end.

I appreciated the op bringing this topic to light in a civil manner. 

However we all know, there will always be crying individuals who feel entitled and special to every bit of attention.

Best thing to do is ignore them, and enjoy the rest of the battle.

Maybe a report as well for their foul mouthing.

That being said, I do understand there are bad players as well, but that can't be helped.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

*sigh....... Again, you don't play CV so you wouldn't understand. That CV player have learnt one of the most valuable skill that is required for CV game play; Reconnaissance, team play and micromanagement. By dropping his planes over you, he is sacrificing his damage potential (1 empty squad on recon duty) as well as defence potentiality (if fighters are being used). He is doing that so his team have a chance to kill you, which ensures victory for his team. That isn't him being bad, that is him doing exactly what a CV should do; search and destroy destroyers

Well look, I know that you are a super unicum without even looking at your stats. But your point don't have any validity in this discussion. You cannot comment on skill levels of CV captains without playing CV yourself. That quote applies to everyone, even super unicums

Since you having difficulty understanding what I'm saying, here im rephrasing, allied CV locking up with enemy fighters over my head even without any attempts of strafe or doing something that will force the enemy CV to relocate his fighters..

And if you say I don't have a say on CV cause I don't play them myself, by that logic, you don't have a say on what I can say or not since you are not me.

Anyway, I played 1 CV game, you can look it up if you want, I am no unicorn. Just a regular player.

Sign in to follow this