Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
toast4

over it

7 comments in this topic

6 posts
6,591 battles

can someone please tel me how a destroyer can be less than 3ks from me , i have my fighter plane airborne , and yet this ship can shoot at me and yet not be seen 

this kind of thing is really getting beyond a joke , am seeing battleships burn to the ground as dds cant be seen and yet so close

112 posts
5,463 battles

They've probably poppped an offensive smoke - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEucSvN33hg is a link to a good resource on how to use this. It has become a stable part of the wows meta - I guess you play low tier ships? At those tiers it's impossible to counter it unless you charge it down. At higher tiers things likek hydro and radar can negate them.

Definitely a challenging thing to face, but certainly something that can be countered!

Super Tester
7,789 posts
8,043 battles

Although I would think 1000 games would be enough to understand a simple game mechanic, but looks like I'm wrong. So, I'll just tell you how to deal with it:

If DD is in smoke, and his AA is turned on, you can guess the approximate position of him looking at the bullet traces. If he is shooting, you can also see the gun shells coming out, which will also give you an idea of orientation. You can always dump torps inside smoke to flush him out (not that easy tho).

Or, if ships are (normally, can be increased by using the Target Acquisition upgrade) within 2 km of each other, they will always spot each other. Apart from that, you will need other stuffs like Sonar or RADAR to detect him. DD's best offense are his torpedoes. So, you need to count the torpedoes, the spread size and salvos to know how many torps the DD can dispatch. If you think he is out or in cool down, you can just rush in smoke. You need to get inside 2 km like I mentioned above.

Hope this helps.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Although I would think 1000 games would be enough to understand a simple game mechanic, but looks like I'm wrong. So, I'll just tell you how to deal with it:

If DD is in smoke, and his AA is turned on, you can guess the approximate position of him looking at the bullet traces. If he is shooting, you can also see the gun shells coming out, which will also give you an idea of orientation. You can always dump torps inside smoke to flush him out (not that easy tho).

Or, if ships are (normally, can be increased by using the Target Acquisition upgrade) within 2 km of each other, they will always spot each other. Apart from that, you will need other stuffs like Sonar or RADAR to detect him. DD's best offense are his torpedoes. So, you need to count the torpedoes, the spread size and salvos to know how many torps the DD can dispatch. If you think he is out or in cool down, you can just rush in smoke. You need to get inside 2 km like I mentioned above.

Hope this helps.

this. i sunk lots of dd and RN cruiser with this. its tricky but with enough luck on your side and as long as the dd will stay in that location its not hard to do. its harder if the dd is moving though.

i been sunk couple of times in past too with this trick.

Sign in to follow this