Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Leo_1408

Is there a glitch in the 'team killer' system?

23 comments in this topic

76 posts
6,191 battles

I'm not all that experienced with this game, and I went pink a few times, but that was cos I made silly mistakes like firing a spread of torpedoes when there were friendlies around.  But twice in a row now, there has been no notice in the battle, and I was not aware of hitting anyone - but when I got back to port I was pink!

And look, I know everyone goes "It wasn't me Sir - I never did nuffink!" But I knew when I messed up in the past - but the last two times, there was nothing to show what I did. I don't want anything done about it - I'll just go out there and sink as many bots as possible - like I did before. But is it possible for the system to go wrong?

I'm trying to get higher ranked ships, and I'm still at school, so I don't have any money to buy Dubloons, and I don't know how being classidied 'team killer' affects all that. Neway, I just thought I'd mention it in case someone else experienced that.

76 posts
6,191 battles

You might want to go into the Detailed Stats page to confirm it the next time it happens. 

Thanks for that - I'll try to remember next time. Like I said, it's probly something I'm doing, but don't know about. Great game, BTW!

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Thanks for that - I'll try to remember next time. Like I said, it's probly something I'm doing, but don't know about. Great game, BTW!

Here's a pro tip for ya, just because your ship has torpedoes, doesn't mean you need to dump them to a target who is not even in your torp range. Specially when you are not on the front line.

76 posts
6,191 battles

Here's a pro tip for ya, just because your ship has torpedoes, doesn't mean you need to dump them to a target who is not even in your torp range. Specially when you are not on the front line.

Thanks, but who says I did that? I always check my ship's gun and torpedo range before I start a battle. That's like saying to someone - "Here's a tip for you - don't walk in front of a moving bus!" :D

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Thanks, but who says I did that? I always check my ship's gun and torpedo range before I start a battle. That's like saying to someone - "Here's a tip for you - don't walk in front of a moving bus!" :D

You did, here:

I'm not all that experienced with this game, and I went pink a few times, but that was cos I made silly mistakes like firing a spread of torpedoes when there were friendlies around.  But twice in a row now, there has been no notice in the battle, and I was not aware of hitting anyone - but when I got back to port I was pink!

And you missed this part of my post:

"Specially when you are not on the front line."

Edited by icy_phoenix

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I'm laughing so hard right now!!!!!! :teethhappy: :D:D:D:D:D

Anyway Torping when teammates are around it pretty irresponsible.Stop doing that and you'll stop getting pink.

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Well, Leo only play's Co-Op, I guess getting pink in Co-Op is not a big deal. Sometimes we get busy in battle and miss the notification. Specially they are there with weird light pink color that is hard to read.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Well, Leo only play's Co-Op, I guess getting pink in Co-Op is not a big deal. Sometimes we get busy in battle and miss the notification. Specially they are there with weird light pink color that is hard to read.

OMG!!!!! Dude!! Leo... didn't you get bored playing so many matches against bots???? Get into random battles man play them for a while and you'll see the difference because bots don't avoid your torpedoes. And yeah you'll make friends in Random battles so play Random more and forget about Co-OP.

76 posts
6,191 battles

Thanks for all the advice everyone! :)

One more question - how do I stop being pink? I've played loads of battles, and sunk loads of enemy ships - but it's like two days now, and I'm still pink. :unsure:

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

One more question - how do I stop being pink? I've played loads of battles, and sunk loads of enemy ships - but it's like two days now, and I'm still pink. :unsure:

Whatever you've played or been playing is in co-op which is like playing in very easy mode.you're still pink maybe because you're still causing damage to allies. which means you need to change your play style. Take my advice and start playing in Random battles start from T3. 

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

You have to check your "Detailed Report" tab after the battle. It will tell you how many battles you need to go without dealing further team damage.

110 posts
1,474 battles

This is very funny thread. Unfortunately I'm not surprised that even in co op players are torping allies. Like they said, play randoms. Is a lot more interesting, and for credits and exp even an amazing game on co op only matches a poor-average game in randoms. Co op is good for a few things, but is fairly limited in what you can learn/achieve.

For example, I currently play a couple matches a day in it with myogi and t5 bb, for hosho and arp grind. I do it in co op because I hate the slow ships, and don't like hoping that I will get a team that will push or support a push. Doing a couple matches in co op allows me to yolo, first because to get damage in the mode it is almost a competition of who can yolo best, but also the bots are really only good at executing point blank torp drops and occasionally make very good cv drops. 

Since someone has mentioned it, how do you make friends in this game without use of the forum though? There is no messaging, no chat? You can only communicate in battle?

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Pink can be removed after a few battles if you don't do ANY damage to allies during these battles. Detailed report page can tell you when will your pink be removed. By ANY damage I mean including ramming allies.

And TK system is probably broken, as if you cause the sinking of a friendly ship, you get pink, even if you only caused extremely minor damage. For example I got pink once because I scratched a friendly bot DD which had only less than 100HP.

76 posts
6,191 battles

Pink can be removed after a few battles if you don't do ANY damage to allies during these battles. Detailed report page can tell you when will your pink be removed. By ANY damage I mean including ramming allies.

And TK system is probably broken, as if you cause the sinking of a friendly ship, you get pink, even if you only caused extremely minor damage. For example I got pink once because I scratched a friendly bot DD which had only less than 100HP.

Thanks, but I read in another thread how some players deliberately ram you if you are pink - which makes you stay pink. I never, ever deliberately rammed anyone, and try to turn as fast as i can when another ship, specially a fast destroyer, approaches - but I am often rammed by other players. I guess they get a penalty, but so do I. I guess it's too difficult for the game to decide whose fault it is, but it's a bit unfair. Neway, it's a free game and can be fun - so I'm not complaining. :)

76 posts
6,191 battles

This is very funny thread. Unfortunately I'm not surprised that even in co op players are torping allies. Like they said, play randoms. Is a lot more interesting, and for credits and exp even an amazing game on co op only matches a poor-average game in randoms. Co op is good for a few things, but is fairly limited in what you can learn/achieve.

For example, I currently play a couple matches a day in it with myogi and t5 bb, for hosho and arp grind. I do it in co op because I hate the slow ships, and don't like hoping that I will get a team that will push or support a push. Doing a couple matches in co op allows me to yolo, first because to get damage in the mode it is almost a competition of who can yolo best, but also the bots are really only good at executing point blank torp drops and occasionally make very good cv drops. 

Since someone has mentioned it, how do you make friends in this game without use of the forum though? There is no messaging, no chat? You can only communicate in battle?

I hate to say it - but I really suck at this game. I tried Random battles and had a lucky win in my first battle, but after that I got sunk within a few minutes of starting, so I went back to co-op to get some experience, and to try to get better ships. Also the wait time is forever in Random Battles. But I will definitely try random games when I get more confidence. Also, cos of school and stuff, I usually only get to play very late at night (in my room when my mouldies don't know I'm doing it) and I may be a bit too tired. Neway - no excuses - Random Battles next stop. :izmena:

110 posts
1,474 battles

Right now there are <2.6k players online. From about 7 hours ago, and probably for the next few hours, you will struggle to find low tier matches. Not only that, but it seems (confirmation bias btw) that as the total players go down, the probability of encountering seal clubbers/stat padders increases. So not only will you be waiting a while for a match (which probably won't have full player count), the players you encounter will quite likely largely outrank you in skill. 

A fantastic example of this is tier 5. Tier 5 already has atrocious matchmaking, but when there are less than say 4K players I will not play tier 5 any more unless I am really pushing for next ship/module, because with so few players your chance of being top tier is virtually nil. Basically try and play when more people are on, and when you get further up tiers (tier 4 seems to have players throughout the day/night for example) it will be easier to get matches. Most importantly do what you are already doing though, and play the game mode you enjoy most

76 posts
6,191 battles

Right now there are <2.6k players online. From about 7 hours ago, and probably for the next few hours, you will struggle to find low tier matches. Not only that, but it seems (confirmation bias btw) that as the total players go down, the probability of encountering seal clubbers/stat padders increases. So not only will you be waiting a while for a match (which probably won't have full player count), the players you encounter will quite likely largely outrank you in skill. 

A fantastic example of this is tier 5. Tier 5 already has atrocious matchmaking, but when there are less than say 4K players I will not play tier 5 any more unless I am really pushing for next ship/module, because with so few players your chance of being top tier is virtually nil. Basically try and play when more people are on, and when you get further up tiers (tier 4 seems to have players throughout the day/night for example) it will be easier to get matches. Most importantly do what you are already doing though, and play the game mode you enjoy most

Cheers for that advice! :great:

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Thanks, but I read in another thread how some players deliberately ram you if you are pink - which makes you stay pink. I never, ever deliberately rammed anyone, and try to turn as fast as i can when another ship, specially a fast destroyer, approaches - but I am often rammed by other players. I guess they get a penalty, but so do I. I guess it's too difficult for the game to decide whose fault it is, but it's a bit unfair. Neway, it's a free game and can be fun - so I'm not complaining. :)

You can play CV in PvE for removing pink, as you can stay behind and avoid any scratch, and PvE games usually finishes faster

76 posts
6,191 battles

You can play CV in PvE for removing pink, as you can stay behind and avoid any scratch, and PvE games usually finishes faster

Hey thanks - good tip, I'll remember that. :great:

But I'm not pink nemore, and lol, I'm being very very careful now.

76 posts
6,191 battles

Lol, I'm pink again! I was very careful, but this DD sailed directly into my already running torpedoes from kms away. Like he had loads of time to avoid, but didn't make any turns. My apologies to him, but surely we have to have some situational awareness, or no one can ever use torpedoes with confidence. I'm always twisting and turning to avoid friendly torpedoes. Neway, that's my moan for today! :D

76 posts
6,191 battles

How do you manage to do it lol. I mean, I played almost 1800 bot match, and never pink from bot.

Dunno - but you must be heaps better than me. :)  BTW, I didn't know players on my side were bots - I thought only the 'enemy' were bots.

Sign in to follow this