Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BravaZulu296

USS Lexington population inflation?

35 comments in this topic

346 posts

Hey is it just me or was there a USS Lexington population increase because I've had a few battles in a row with Lexingtons on both sides and they were not the same players over and over again

Funny too because both sides used 013

If there was who would you give credit to?

Saratoga (Kancolle) or Toto (puka puka fleet)

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

Not all 0-1-3 Lexington players can cause trouble for their teammates. There are good strike CV players that can outsmart an AS Lexington, or a Shokaku.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Not all 0-1-3 Lexington players can cause trouble for their teammates. There are good strike CV players that can outsmart an AS Lexington, or a Shokaku.

There are good 013 Lexingtons but the thing is, most of the 013 Lexingtons are just potatoes who think they are good but in reality, they're not. And good or not, teammates will be the ones to suffer cuz lack of air supports to save them from aerial threats.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

With the meta, fighter less USN strike loadout such as 013 are liability to their teams. These loadouts are made for sniping enemy CVs and it's no longer economical to do that. With their main objectives out of the window, they are severely outclassed by other loadouts since they're gonna be bullied all throughout the game by enemy fighters. Yes they can do some massive damage, but can they do it constantly to really influence the game while the enemy scouts out your team's DDs and sink your BBs with impunity? The answer is, no.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

With the meta, fighter less USN strike loadout such as 013 are liability to their teams. These loadouts are made for sniping enemy CVs and it's no longer economical to do that. With their main objectives out of the window, they are severely outclassed by other loadouts since they're gonna be bullied all throughout the game by enemy fighters. Yes they can do some massive damage, but can they do it constantly to really influence the game while the enemy scouts out your team's DDs and sink your BBs with impunity? The answer is, no.

^This.

Whenever i see a 013 Lexington on my team, one of our BBs is bound to lose at least 1/2 of his HP in the first 3-4 mins if not outright sunk.

Edited by Shiroyasha_Gintoki

[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
82 posts
11,152 battles

This is the single biggest problem with CV's, it's pot luck what your team looks like when entering a game. 013 Lexington is, in my opinion, generally stronger in terms of the ability to help your team. There's no question it's strike capability outclasses a Shokaku, but if you end up only IJN cruisers or no North Carolina on your team then you have no AA support. The other variable is the battle map itself, the larger maps provide you the better opportunity to attempt a CV strike - and anyone that whinges about that tactic needs to rethink their chosen online game. Any ship on the red team is fair game, no other argument is valid. T8 and above CVs now have def AA (don't get me started on that...) and so there is some extra defence against a CV strike.

So yeah, if your team ends up being low on AA power and you're spawned on a smaller map (think Estuary or Neighbours) then yes, an 013 Lexington v 202 Lexington or Shokaku will seriously struggle and you won't have a good time. Bigger map + AA cruisers + North Carolina on your team = win.

All that said, 202 Lexington is usually the 'safer' option as no matter what your team looks like your primary role is AS. And that's the problem, AS is boring. There's very little skill involved and the satisfaction in wiping out squadrons of planes in a game called 'World of Warships' just isn't there. And even if you smash the enemy CV's strike planes, then what? Your ability to help your team and deal damage against the other 11 enemy ships just isn't there. 

111 Lexington for what it's worth should be avoided ASAP, too few squadrons to be effective.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

This is the single biggest problem with CV's, it's pot luck what your team looks like when entering a game. 013 Lexington is, in my opinion, generally stronger in terms of the ability to help your team. There's no question it's strike capability outclasses a Shokaku, but if you end up only IJN cruisers or no North Carolina on your team then you have no AA support. The other variable is the battle map itself, the larger maps provide you the better opportunity to attempt a CV strike - and anyone that whinges about that tactic needs to rethink their chosen online game. Any ship on the red team is fair game, no other argument is valid. T8 and above CVs now have def AA (don't get me started on that...) and so there is some extra defence against a CV strike.

So yeah, if your team ends up being low on AA power and you're spawned on a smaller map (think Estuary or Neighbours) then yes, an 013 Lexington v 202 Lexington or Shokaku will seriously struggle and you won't have a good time. Bigger map + AA cruisers + North Carolina on your team = win.

All that said, 202 Lexington is usually the 'safer' option as no matter what your team looks like your primary role is AS. And that's the problem, AS is boring. There's very little skill involved and the satisfaction in wiping out squadrons of planes in a game called 'World of Warships' just isn't there. And even if you smash the enemy CV's strike planes, then what? Your ability to help your team and deal damage against the other 11 enemy ships just isn't there. 

111 Lexington for what it's worth should be avoided ASAP, too few squadrons to be effective.

So you're saying that it's our fault for playing low AA ships huh? What about the DDs when they got spotted by enemy CV, you know how ineffective their AA is. No FTs means nothing can kill those FTs that are spotting your DD which will likely result in a loss if you're playing Domination.

[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
82 posts
11,152 battles

So you're saying that it's our fault for playing low AA ships huh? What about the DDs when they got spotted by enemy CV, you know how ineffective their AA is. No FTs means nothing can kill those FTs that are spotting your DD which will likely result in a loss if you're playing Domination.

No that's not what i'm saying at all, players are free to choose to play what they want. My point is that the random nature of the games MM can either make or break an 013 Lexington. 202 Lexington is probably safer to the player irrespective of how the rest of their team performs in that battle. The way xp is awarded for AS actions means that that player should still have a good individual game (provided they're skillful, perform their AS role etc etc), but that doesn't often always help the team and that's the argument a team will often use when a CV player isn't able to help influence the battle. I like 013 Lex because it's more fun and when MM goes my way i'm able to do more to help contribute to a win, but like i've said high reward comes wtih high risk. 

381 posts
9,957 battles

imo 013 Lex doesn't work anymore. These days t8+ CV players are usually highly experienced ones with 15 pts captain. Playing 013 against any setup with fighter is mere suiciding. When playing CV you should aim for the highest possible degree of control rather than hoping for the stars to align.

[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
82 posts
11,152 battles

If all you're worried about is winning then that's a completely fair point and i do agree. Personally i'm more of a purist and play the game for enjoyments sake and it's historical relevance

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

No that's not what i'm saying at all, players are free to choose to play what they want. My point is that the random nature of the games MM can either make or break an 013 Lexington. 202 Lexington is probably safer to the player irrespective of how the rest of their team performs in that battle. The way xp is awarded for AS actions means that that player should still have a good individual game (provided they're skillful, perform their AS role etc etc), but that doesn't often always help the team and that's the argument a team will often use when a CV player isn't able to help influence the battle. I like 013 Lex because it's more fun and when MM goes my way i'm able to do more to help contribute to a win, but like i've said high reward comes wtih high risk. 

202 Lexington helps the team more than you can imagine. Let's say that enemy CV is decimating your team and you can't do anything about it because CV sniping isn't gonna work in high tiers anymore cuz of DFAA installed on CVs. Once they use their DFAA, you think their FTs is gonna let you do whatever you want with them? They will hunt your bombers to the end of the map if they want to. And they can also help their team to spot DD while your DDs are completely exposed to aerial threat.

Also, Fun for you but not for the team. You can't just ruin everyone's fun just because you think that you're are having fun.

Edited by Shiroyasha_Gintoki

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

No, 013 right now will never be fun or useful for anyone but you. You said it depends on how strong your team's AA is, then how about your poor destroyers? with 013 you can never give them cover. 013 used to support its team by thwarting any strike and scouting attempts by the enemy CV by completely eliminating the opposing CV or by simply keeping the enemy CV on complete guard and bringing home all of his fighters instead of scouting DDs and torps. That meta has been changed and so does the USN CVs turning more into an mindless autodroppers, basically throwing a dice whether he's gonna do 50% hp damage to a DD using a DB or completely miss, no skill involved, just pure kiss in the butt of RNGesus.

You can only do much and feel you are influencing your team on a 013 when your enemy is a pure potato or another 013.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

The things that I would do for a 112 Lex...

Pffft, give her her historical loadout 2/1/1 back... I mean 2/1/2. 

Voice

Problem solved sir

Why do IJN CVs get their historical loadout whilst USN CVs doesn't

Heck, Bogue and Independence should be using 2/1/0 loadout instead of 1/1/1

And why does the 1/1/1 loadout remains on US CV until tier 9

Wut ?

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

DFAA doesn't block CV sniping for Shoukaku if the one who strike is 013 Lex lol. Fighters still plays majority of the protection.

But at least DFAA will buy time for Shoukaku's Fighters to comeback and let Shoukaku live longer. Ever since WG implemented DFAA on high tiers CV, I hardly see any successful CV sniping in high tiers. One Hakuryu tried to snipe another Hakuryu the entire match but ended up losing almost all of his planes and the other Hakuryu got herself a nice "Clear Sky" and "Kraken's Unleashed" Achievement.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,884 battles

But at least DFAA will buy time for Shoukaku's Fighters to comeback and let Shoukaku live longer. Ever since WG implemented DFAA on high tiers CV, I hardly see any successful CV sniping in high tiers. One Hakuryu tried to snipe another Hakuryu the entire match but ended up losing almost all of his planes and the other Hakuryu got herself a nice "Clear Sky" and "Kraken's Unleashed" Achievement.

It is different with Lexington vs Shoukaku, t9 and t10 carriers both nation have very capable AA that can protect themselves and actually buying time, in Shoukaku if you get sniped by 013 Lex and has no fighter around you either Die by alpha dmg because you didn't DFAA or you died by DOT because you DFAA. The only time you can survive if your fighters somewhat far away is that you pray to RNGod that the Dive bomber didn't hit fatally.
Edited by Vio_Strygun

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

It is different with Lexington vs Shoukaku, t9 and t10 carriers both nation have very capable AA that can protect themselves and actually buying time, in Shoukaku if you get sniped by 013 Lex and has no fighter around you either Die by alpha dmg because you didn't DFAA or you died by DOT because you DFAA. The only time you can survive is if you pray to RNGod that the Dive bomber didn't hit fatally if your fighters somewhat far away

Inb4 you have to find Shoukaku first and most 013 Lexington i saw can't even get any ideas where the Shoukaku is while the Shoukaku's already aware of your bombers and won't leave your bombers alone. Don't forget that if any other enemy ships can see your bombers, Shoukaku can see them too. Also, she has lots of squadrons to scout out Lexington's bombers.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

DFAA doesn't block CV sniping for Shoukaku if the one who strike is 013 Lex lol. Fighters still plays majority of the protection.

Of course it doesn't, but is it economical? Is it efficient to spend nearly your entire hangar and more than 10 minutes just to sink a shokaku, all while he's out scouting all your DDs and their torps and  sinking your BBs? NO. CV sniping is all about sinking your enemy CV in the least amount of time as possible--- 1-2 runs in less than 5 minutes is the optimal. If you can't do that, unless he's a really good enemy and is trying to kill you too, then there is no reason for sniping CV.

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,470 battles

Now should i laugh or not lol , i am a Lexington captain myself and i should say these lines :

-Shokaku is only a problem because of his stealth that allow him to sit closer to the fleet ( big +) or if the moron run 312 like a scrub for ez shutting down enemy CV

-A shokaku trying to snipe a Lexi is a dumb Shokaku since with AADF on , Lexi will waste 1/3 of your strike reserve.

-013 Lexi can eliminate any forward scouting element in 1 run ( 3 bomb + 1 torp run) will force fast CA and DD away from caps on 1st run and create points advantage forcing the enemy to be more agressive from advantagous position..

-013 can brute force through high AA concentration to get rid of low health ships , which something Shokaku dream about.

-202 Lexi is a big waste of time because of slow FT speed that dont allow early interdiction and vector intercept , 312 Shokaku is dangerous since he has presence everywhere. Both rely on strafe to kill 013 Lexi.

- 013 can and will be able to target high value targets with AADF on ( i personally can kill anything with DF on if they are in a bad shape ), or choose big high tier BB right from the start (big+) forcing them to snipe and ruin much of their potentials.

- 013 can CV snipe a Shokaku while Shokaku cant do it due to it rather weak AA even with AADF on.

-013 has 3 bombers allow you to stack fires much more reliably , and with 1000lbs bomb you can sometimes lol detonate a poor guy or alright remove a dd from play early on

-

Sign in to follow this