You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
raxcave

us destroyer or jp destroyers?/

Destroyer  

60 members have voted

1. 1. what country destroyer you will pick

62 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
29 posts
431 battles

Hi i am not a ship nerd, so i decided to play this on open beta, or final release, i made up my mind that i will play as cruiser and destroyer, for cruiser i will pick us tech tree cos of des moines , mainly, on destroyer i am not sure, and every one is talking about bb and cv so i didn't found my answer, i just want to know can any one tell pro and cos of both countries destroyer tech tree, based on in game facts, i know historically jap were good with torpedo and us with rest, but i want to know what significant trait both countries destroyers have in game , that put them apart. or is it just for the sake of looks.

Edited by raxcave

Beta Tester
29 posts
431 battles

i am not asking for in depth detail.. just some overview.. i don't think it won't be much of violation since we can see a lot more then that on wg approved in game footage, but non of those footage tell us much overview on this topic, regarding destroyers.

Beta Tester
141 posts
2,261 battles

Japanese Torpedos are the best ever same as the history.

For the difference, Japanese DD are more maneuverability than the US, but more fragile

[PBKAC]
Alpha Tester
207 posts
1,259 battles

I think ███████ is way better than ████████ because ██████  ███ ██ ██████.  Clearly, I mean they ██████ like ██████, right?

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Historically, JP DDs were pretty much a mix of hits and misses with their design. They were mostly top heavy.

The "modern" or most up to date design were the Fubuki class and the succeeding classes after that, but still, the Fubuki class were considered out dated at the start of the war. Nonetheless, they pretty much did what they were designed for.

As for Muricans..... I don't know much about them aside from the famous Fletcher class.

But screw historical accounts.... I'm going with JP DDs since KanColle makes them cute. Even if I really REALLY hate their double curve bow and also the overall design and aesthetics of the actual ship.

From the game perspective............ I don't know.... I'm just following my otaku tendencies thanks to KanColle anime and also the 1/700 ships that I have in my display cabinet

*P.S. And I'm crazy enough to do those Tokyo Express runs*

Edited by Makise_Kuristina

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

I think ███████ is way better than ████████ because ██████  ███ ██ ██████.  Clearly, I mean they ██████ like ██████, right?

I think carrot is way better than corn because corns are not sweet. Clearly I mean they taste like tomatoes right?

Alpha Tester
17 posts
3,201 battles

JP DD's for Night Party's err Night Battle! 

Hmm has anyone had a link about the history of each countries Naval warfare doctrine?

Super Tester
113 posts
240 battles

Since we're not allowed to talk about in-game stuff....

Historical perspective shows us that being assigned on a Japanese Destroyer in WW2 was for practical purposes, a death sentence.

Their work was grueling and continuous, with no periods of rest between combat and 'Tokyo Express' shipping missions.

They were often sunk with high casualties, with no one bothering to pick-up the survivors in most cases.

If horrible death in conditions of helplessness is to your taste though, then who am i to protest.

The discussion should be more about how did they perform their tasks (anti-submarine, capital ship screening, convoy protection etc) compared to the other countries equivalents, not how badly managed they were.

Beta Tester
29 posts
431 battles

i wonder, some points..

1. do jap destroyers have better angle on torpedo launch then u.s, coz of there torpedo placement, in real time.. do they follow it in game too.

2. will jap destroyers can launch more torpedo then u.s in game, historically speaking they had more tubes then u.s.

3. do jap destroyers have special torpedo like long lance only can be used on jap destroyers in game?

4. does us destroyers got better aa cover then jap ones in game??

5. does jap destroyers have faster and better turn rate then us in game?

6.is there difference of artillery dmg on same tier ship of both country in game, ?/

Beta Tester
148 posts
7 battles

i wonder, some points..

1. do jap destroyers have better angle on torpedo launch then u.s, coz of there torpedo placement, in real time.. do they follow it in game too.

2. will jap destroyers can launch more torpedo then u.s in game, historically speaking they had more tubes then u.s.

3. do jap destroyers have special torpedo like long lance only can be used on jap destroyers in game?

6.is there difference of artillery dmg on same tier ship of both country in game, ?/

You are seriously still going on with this? These questions if answered will violated the NDA so much it will crying and sue you for sexual abuse. Or do you even know what a Non-Disclosure Agreement even mean?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

i wonder, some points..

Such historical question

number 1, we wont know until they told us

number 2, you can see it in wikipedia. But i cant tell you which tier

number 3, i have no idea but i do know what you mean

number 4, same as number 3

number 5, its forbidden to tell something from the game like that

number 6, i dont know and i dont care, but some say bigger caliber bigger damage (which makes any sense)

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
148 posts
7 battles

i wonder, some points..

I'm gonna take a very wild guess here. But I think the OP was never really interested in history in the first place. 

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

i wonder, some points..

* i smell a trap set by some Alpha test guys or admin to bait us*

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

i wonder, some points..

Wiki and Google will answer all that. Seriously.

Edited by Makise_Kuristina