Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BigWaveSurfer

Buying konig albert

45 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,648 battles

Really don't want to but it looks like I might have to buy her on the NA server (have my BWS account reactivated over there now).

Is there any chance it might come on sale in ASIA? Hate to buy it there only for it to come up here. :unsure:

556 posts
8,197 battles

Really don't want to but it looks like I might have to buy her on the NA server (have my BWS account reactivated over there now).

Is there any chance it might come on sale in ASIA? Hate to buy it there only for it to come up here. :unsure:

Eventually. Remember we're ASIA, it'll take a few months years

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,932 battles

What's that phrase?

Oh yeah Asia worst.... well you know the rest

But yes I too am waiting for the Albert and the spee  cause I am a wheraboo I guess 

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

556 posts
8,197 battles

What's that phrase?

Oh yeah Asia worst.... well you know the rest

But yes I too am waiting for the Albert and the spee  cause I am a wheraboo I guess 

Waiting for Spee. Another Battleship for my collection.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I wouldn't mind it if König Albert never made it's way here, there's no need for more overpowered premium ships.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Have you played it?

Do I need to play it to realise that a tier IV ship disguised as a tier III is OP?

König Albert is a Kaiser-class battleship, sure several stats are reduced, but who cares?

It has better armor, more hitpoints and better armament than Nassau and Nassau is already a very strong tier III ship.

Think Imperator Nikolai, but for some reason someone was insane enough to throw it at tier III.

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,932 battles

Do I need to play it to realise that a tier IV ship disguised as a tier III is OP?

König Albert is a Kaiser-class battleship, sure several stats are reduced, but who cares?

It has better armor, more hitpoints and better armament than Nassau and Nassau is already a very strong tier III ship.

Think Imperator Nikolai, but for some reason someone was insane enough to throw it at tier III.

So short answer is no you haven't 

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,648 battles

It is still under NDA for ST's on ASIA as they can not make comment on ships tested but do not own after release.

But you could look at other servers where it has gone live and make comments on what you think she might play like. :unsure:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Short answer is: I... am a banana.

My only influence is over one's potassium intake.

BJs7TL9.png

It is still under NDA for ST's on ASIA as they can not make comment on ships tested but do not own after release.

But you could look at other servers where it has gone live and make comments on what you think she might play like.

Wha-...? NDA? ST? What is all this sorcery you're speaking of?

I just looked at the ship's slightly reduced stats that are openly available, watched my division mates on NA play with it and fought alongside/against it a couple times.

That's where I got my, quite obvious, information from.

Anyway, back @König Albert:

I like Imperator Nikolai when there's a halfway decent CV in my team or I'm in my Myogi, aka those things which can actually hurt that slow

and clunky pile of metal slaps enough to undo any "Totally not overpowered" positive side effects it has on the enemy team's win chance.

König Albert is a tier III ship with tier IV stats, so already meeting a CV is less likely, not only that, but if it does meet them it's actually maneuverable

enough to not really care... because it's a Kaiser-class battleship.

I mean, seriously, just look at it: Link

Atleast the KV-220 was killable by same tier tanks...

Imagine 3 of these divisioned together, Pzkpfw B2 all over again...

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,648 battles

I just had flashbacks to Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f) or 'mini Maus' back when tank destroyers and arty started at tier 3 and you had to paid gold for the good ammo.

let the fun round on :teethhappy:

[SXLCE]
40 posts
3,287 battles

I just had flashbacks to Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f) or 'mini Maus' back when tank destroyers and arty started at tier 3 and you had to paid gold for the good ammo.

let the fun round on :teethhappy:

Old world of tanks was insane. After beta, su-14 at T6 can insta murder everything. Indestructible IS7 and the list goes on.

Konig Albert is OP though. Sealclubbing at T3 is never good.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

But you could look at other servers where it has gone live and make comments on what you think she might play like. :unsure:

WG really won't let ST's comment on a ship that is released on other servers,but not here?

That makes even less sense than the regional marketing policies which has caused this thread to be created!

OT,I have it on  my NA account,although its been a while since I played it.Was using the ARP Takao mission on the NA server to grind through Bayern-Gneisanau-Bismarck mainly past month.It you like the Kaiser and can do well in it then the Konig Albert is just a shorter ranged,slower loading version.

You can still get wrecked by better players,and if uptiered the range can play against you.Plus if the CV spam with good players is still continuing at low tiers you are still gonna have a hard time.

I'm all for it coming here,WG should be releasing the ships in all regions at the same time anyway.

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,932 battles

Short answer is: I... am a banana.

My only influence is over one's potassium intake.

BJs7TL9.png

Wha-...? NDA? ST? What is all this sorcery you're speaking of?

I just looked at the ship's slightly reduced stats that are openly available, watched my division mates on NA play with it and fought alongside/against it a couple times.

That's where I got my, quite obvious, information from.

Anyway, back @König Albert:

I like Imperator Nikolai when there's a halfway decent CV in my team or I'm in my Myogi, aka those things which can actually hurt that slow

and clunky pile of metal slaps enough to undo any "Totally not overpowered" positive side effects it has on the enemy team's win chance.

König Albert is a tier III ship with tier IV stats, so already meeting a CV is less likely, not only that, but if it does meet them it's actually maneuverable

enough to not really care... because it's a Kaiser-class battleship.

I mean, seriously, just look at it: Link

Atleast the KV-220 was killable by same tier tanks...

Imagine 3 of these divisioned together, Pzkpfw B2 all over again...

Sigh 

Why be defensive  and a little sarcastic ? 

All I asked was if you had played it, simple question needs a simple answer surely? 

Didn't ask if it was op  or anything else, but well whatever.....

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Sigh 

All I asked was if you had played it, simple question needs a simple answer surely? 

He can't answer, dude, you should know that. But if you dig around the Important Moments window...

But anyway, word from NA is that it's basically Nikolai lite. So it is unsurprising why it's not being sold on EU/Asia for now.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Sigh 

Nah, you got that wrong me thinks.

I'm only being sarcastic.

I'll leave the why to your imagination.

I know it's difficult to understand, but that later part, that came after me quoting someone else?

That wasn't directed at you.

I know... shocking.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

That reminds me - must make inquires about the ship. Be good to have her in port

Did it get tested on the ASIA server,or was it only tested and then released on the NA one?

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Tested on all servers, but Asia had a delayed release, for reasons which are no longer relivent, so no reason now not to release her for sale.

Sign in to follow this