You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
wulf899

What are the Arpeggio Battle Voices Saying?

30 comments in this topic

10 posts
1,697 battles

Hi all (first time making a WOWS forum post),

I recently acquired the ARP Takao from the recent mission which I'm thoroughly enjoying, however my lack of Japanese is a bit of a hamperer when listening to the Battle Voice. I know what she (and the other Arpeggio Characters) is broadly saying, however I can tell she's also including references to the ARP Nova Anime/Manga ("Klein Field" is one of them).

Does anyone know Japanese, and can provide a translated list of what she says? Considering the scope of the WOWS community, there's bound to be somebody who can translate it for us mono-lingual scrubs.

Many thanks in advance.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

"That last sushi was awful"

"More saki please"

"My fashionista school uniform is caught up in the gun laying drive."

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

the only thing i can remembered that i understand:

Iona: Dive~~~! This ship can't dive?(start of battle)

Ashigara: Your opponent will be me! (targeting a ship)

haguro: We're burning!!! ah I see, I see(when you set your ship on fire)

that's the phrases i currently remembered for now

59 posts
4,533 battles

I'm using Ashigara's voice in game (lel). I have very little knowledge in the Japanese language, but I'm kinda familiar with what she means when she says these:

1. ... gurai... - oh sht torpedoes on the way! *WASD intensifies*

2. Atsui! Atsui!... - it appears I have burst into flames

3. *inaudible gargling sounds* - must be flooding

4. ... Taiha (in a very sad voice) - my turret's been disabled?

5. Grupu turi. Istamubai *rip my romanji* - my FT is idle? better spot something with my fighter group

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

I'm using Ashigara's voice in game (lel). I have very little knowledge in the Japanese language, but I'm kinda familiar with what she means when she says these:

1. ... gurai... - oh sht torpedoes on the way! *WASD intensifies*

2. Atsui! Atsui!... - it appears I have burst into flames

4. ... Taiha (in a very sad voice) - my turret's been disabled?

5. Grupu turi. Istamubai *rip my romanji* - my FT is idle? better spot something with my fighter group

the direct translation was

1. torpeddoes

2. hot! hot!

3 cant agree more

4. seriously damaged

5 dont know 

i like how you give them meaning XD

59 posts
4,533 battles

5 dont know 

It actually means "Group 3, standby". Ashigara says it in cutesy Engrish and it's my only reprieve when I play my CVs, especially when I'm against a 15pt Saipain.

1,125 posts

kirishima when set on fire

'Ah!!! hot! hot! hot! hurry up and put out the fire!!'

believe it or not, because of her voice, I accidentally press damcon button even just 1 fire sometime =w='a

10 posts
1,697 battles

Don't know, don't care. Delete the Arpeggio folder in World_of_Warships/res/banks/OfficialMods to remove them.

If you don't like them, why complain here? Go comment in another thread if you're bothered about it.

2,217 posts
13,680 battles

If you don't like them, why complain here? Go comment in another thread if you're bothered about it.

Who's complaining? I'm simply providing you a solution to revert to standard voices should you decide want to. Do you think I hijacked your thread?

10 posts
1,697 battles

Hijackers aside, I think what we need is a list of each character and what they say (be it from damages, critical hits or use of the Function keys) which can be a template for anyone who knows the word-for-word translation for any or each phrase.

59 posts
4,533 battles

Don't know, don't care. Delete the Arpeggio folder in World_of_Warships/res/banks/OfficialMods to remove them.

The OP did not mention that he wants the voices removed. And yeah, that comment is not related to the original topic.

That aside, I'm also curious on what they (mental models and Gunzo) are saying ingame, as with my lack of knowledge in Japanese I would not understand them

403 posts
8,177 battles

You can also try asking on the Japanese Subforum. It's jutst a few clicks away. 

In any case you actually dont need to pay attention to the voices if you are aware of the user interface, and it seems that you can understand the most important one already (if a Klein Field is mentioned, prepare the Eurobeats).

10 posts
1,697 battles

...I'm also curious on what they (mental models and Gunzo) are saying ingame, as with my lack of knowledge in Japanese I would not understand them

From what I can gather so far, Takao mentions Hyuuga when requesting support, and Kirishima mentions Haruna when requesting support...

10 posts
1,697 battles

You can also try asking on the Japanese Subforum. It's jutst a few clicks away. 

In any case you actually dont need to pay attention to the voices if you are aware of the user interface, and it seems that you can understand the most important one already (if a Klein Field is mentioned, prepare the Eurobeats).

Oh okay, thanks for that! I'll have a dip in there and see how they can help.

403 posts
8,177 battles

Oh okay, thanks for that! I'll have a dip in there and see how they can help.

Oh cripes wait, I forgot to mention that if forum rules apply equally, posting in the Japanese forum would require you to post in Japanese. You can use google translate to get at least broken Japanese to not get redtexted by mods.

My most sincere apologies for anything

350 posts

It is, since it also referenced Ashigara's garbled speech underwater while trying to sink I-401 sans Klein Field. Nachi did shake her head at the younger model's antics before reminding her to use the Klein Field in order to be understood.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

It is, since it also referenced Ashigara's garbled speech underwater while trying to sink I-401 sans Klein Field. Nachi did shake her head at the younger model's antics before reminding her to use the Klein Field in order to be understood.

I've fed the audio data stream into my lingual translatory spectrometer machine and revealed the English dialogue. Accuracy: 100%.

2,217 posts
13,680 battles

The OP did not mention that he wants the voices removed. And yeah, that comment is not related to the original topic.

That aside, I'm also curious on what they (mental models and Gunzo) are saying ingame, as with my lack of knowledge in Japanese I would not understand them

..... my lack of Japanese is a bit of a hamperer when listening to the Battle Voice ....translate it for us mono-lingual scrubs....

I am providing a method to translate the event if a voice prompt is desired to assist in game play. So it is related to the original topic.

10 posts
1,697 battles

Oh cripes wait, I forgot to mention that if forum rules apply equally, posting in the Japanese forum would require you to post in Japanese. You can use google translate to get at least broken Japanese to not get redtexted by mods.

My most sincere apologies for anything

No worries at all :) All I had to do was translate the title and write a small disclaimer in the opening post, so far it hasn't received any negative attention. You can view the post here, if you like.