Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Deicide

More Intense Storm/Cyclone/Blizzard/Squall

2 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I don't know if others has posted this before, but I noticed that we get storm/blizzard as a default weather now and there is no difference in their effects(and BGM) with a real cyclone scenario. I think we should get more intense effect(and a more diverse cyclone BGM) from a real cyclone to differentiate them from default weather and give more immersion to the players.

Edited by Deicide

420 posts

I noticed that we get storm/blizzard as a default weather now and there is no difference in their effects(and BGM) with a real cyclone scenario.  I run my computer on the lowest settings, you might want to check yours first to see what the settings are.  After major patch changes, sometimes some of your settings are reset to default (which for some settings, are at the lowest).

I think we should get more intense effect(and a more diverse cyclone BGM) from a real cyclone to differentiate them from default weather and give more immersion to the players.  I think that this is a good idea.  Perhaps they should 1 in 10 times maybe, add lightning to the storms.  The lightning extends the viewing range by about 2 km for 10 seconds or so and then goes back to 8 km.  This I think would be a change up to the cyclone.  A lot of times, these storms have really intense lightning for short durations.  It would at least be neat to see, even if there are effects on gameplay either.

Sign in to follow this