You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Storm_Raiser

My DD Captain ruined

9 comments in this topic

55 posts
3,922 battles

Similar story for me.  My 12-point Minekaze captain has been replaced by a 5-point captain.  The 12-pointer has been assigned to the Mutsuki, which I don't have.  Worse still, the 12-pointer appears to be locked - I can't even assign him to the Minekaze even if I wanted to pay WG's extortion money.

415 posts
10,918 battles

My problem was a little different but I feel  your pain.

Have you been through every captain in all your ships AND the reserve? ... I found the captain I thought they had messed up at the bottom of my reserve which was for some reason refusing to scroll down to the bottom of the list until I restarted the game after dinner.

5 posts
11,852 battles

OK I think I had the same problem as you. You can see your minekaze captain if you try to transfer from other ships. Of course he's now, a Mutsuki captain and for some reason wont transfer. I tbought we were meant to get Mutsuki in this casr but evidently not. Anyway I bought Mutsuki and suddenly no problem (I bought it with no captain selected I think when I went to the ship he was on board but not certain). Anyway shipped him to my new Fubuki sold Mutsuki again and back to normal minus some cash. I'd complain but at moment I now have premium camo for my new Kagero and Fubuki where before Id only had Xmas camo on Minekaze (which is still there too). Thats a win.

. If WG doesnt take back the free ones.Wish I had got around to repurchasing Hatsu before the change(and sadly I was ages away from the Old Kagero too).

Edited by Hammond_Cheeseman

55 posts
3,922 battles

Storm_Raiser, my 12-point captain isn't lost, he's just not available.   When I click on another Japanese captain and want to assign a new captain, he's there, listed as being on the Mutsuki, under other ships (rather than Reserve).  However, I don't have a Mutsuki, so he really should be in Reserve.  When I try to assign him to another ship, eg back to the Minekaze, he can't be moved.  So the 12-point captain is now useless.

Edited by GeneralGrant

5 posts
11,852 battles

I will try to explain again.

Buy Mutsuki. It will unlock him. Pretty sure its a bug locking him. Sell Mutsuki and get some of your cash back. Expensive but should solve your issue. I moved him to Fubuki before selling. Maybe thats a safer way of doing it in case just selling Mutsuki locks him again.

Edited by Hammond_Cheeseman

55 posts
3,922 battles

I will try to explain again.

Buy Mutsuki. It will unlock him. Pretty sure its a bug locking him. Sell Mutsuki and get some of your cash back. Expensive but should solve your issue. I moved him to Fubuki before selling. Maybe thats a safer way of doing it in case just selling Mutsuki locks him again.

Thanks.  But why should I have to spend credits to get things to how they should be?  This is WG's stuff-up, they should sort it out.

5 posts
11,852 battles

Not disagreeing with you. It would be a pain for someone to fix if they were short of cash or had no port slots free. As I was saying earlier though from a purely personal point of view that bug got cancelled out with the free premium camos on the new Replacement DDs...so at the moment I don't feel that I have been robbed - although absolutely others may not have benefitted in the same way while still being penalized. I'll probably feel more robbed when they send the repo men after the camos:). Goodluck sorting it out.