You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DonnerSushi

Prinz Eugen fore anchor still missing after two patches

22 comments in this topic

183 posts
3,790 battles

So, I already sent a ticket and was responded to a week ago. I also posted in the bug report section. So why on earth is the anchor is still missing? Oh come on WG, you are already selling a hipper clone, surely people aren't buying this for it's performance, don't you think.

I bought this for the ship's looks and name, and now WG alter's the look of the ship. Does anyone know If I can file a ticket for a replacement premium ship instead? I've already waited for weeks hoping this would be fixed today, unfortunately that's not the case.

Edited by DonnerSushi

[HOTA]
104 posts
13,886 battles

umn that's not an anchor fairlead, but one for berthing ropes - the anchors are on the sides.....

The position for the berthing rope is above this and, based on other German ships with a clipper bow (also known as an Atlantic bow), it is indeed the position for an anchor, e.g. Roon and Hindenberg, to name two.

Notwithstanding the minor omission highlighted by the OP, I have not noticed any in game performance degradation of the Prinz Eugen just because it is missing a cosmetic artifact.

The OP needs to show some patience and certainly not expect WG to react immediately to such a minor issue just because they raised a support ticket. Afterall, the ship still functions as intended without this anchor. The Tirpitz had the catapult fighter suspended in mid air off the side for weeks before it was corrected and the Texas had the two amidships cranes missing with just the tops of the vertical supports suspended in mid air for a similar period until they were also eventually corrected. I would think a future update or micro patch will correct this minor omission in due course.

In the meantime just keep enjoying the Prinz Eugen.

Edited by Angelus_Mortis

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

> Ships missing cosmetic stuffs

> Literally unplayable

God I love the historical accuracy folks.

[R-A-N]
34 posts
11,364 battles

There are no fittings on the deck to house an anchor there, with the bollards in the middle of the focsle, I would suggest this is a hawsehole for a mooring line to a buoy..

Edited by Trooper25

[HOTA]
104 posts
13,886 battles

Broader and thorough photo research will clearly show the Prinz Eugen did indeed also have a bow anchor. Cough, cough, cough.

Prinz_Eugen_3_zpspkd2m0av.gif

Edited by Angelus_Mortis

Super Tester
802 posts

Broader and thorough photo research will clearly show the Prinz Eugen did indeed also have a bow anchor. Cough, cough, cough.

Given that's an image of it in service with the US Navy before they nuked it, have you considered that it might be rendered in game based on photos when it was actually in service with the KM?

[HOTA]
104 posts
13,886 battles

Given that's an image of it in service with the US Navy before they nuked it, have you considered that it might be rendered in game based on photos when it was actually in service with the KM?

Oh really! Google search is full of photos of the Prinz Eugen in service in the KM and with the bow anchor...who would have guessed. But have it your way, just so you can continue the delusion of always wanting to be right.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Ask harder and they'll eventually give it back, just like Scharnhorst did.

I still don't get the obsession tho. If it helps with ramming I'd definitely agree to bring it back.

[R-A-N]
34 posts
11,364 battles

Fair enough... stand corrected. 

590 posts
2,995 battles

Admittedly I didn't notice, nor does it make any performance or stat difference to the ship so if they fix it Yay, if they don't It won't ruin my day or game play with her. 

Just going to say, the level of angst is rising in this thread - keep it civil and on topic please.

~tc1259

346 posts

SO3K2HF.jpg

WW2 secret weapon declassified:

In 1941 Rheinübung is in place and bismarck and prinz eugen Have just sunk hood they are attacked by british swordfish and bismarck is damaged They perform a feint and print eugen escapes to further out atlantic where she meets several large Uboat that transfer her rocket boosters where she flies to space to test her wave motion gun on sevestapol but due to engine failure she misses and destroyed the planet that is now our asteroid belt with no sufficient power to fire again she returns to germany

Super Tester
802 posts

Admittedly I didn't notice, nor does it make any performance or stat difference to the ship so if they fix it Yay, if they don't It won't ruin my day or game play with her. 

Given all the other questionably historical problems with this game and it's an anchor of all things that's got some people triggered. It's pathetic really.

590 posts
2,995 battles

I take this game for what it is Fun :P  - With a World War 1 / 2 flair.... historical values as long as the ship looks close in proximity to what it is meant to look like is fine by me :)