You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
E_Smith

IJN DD changes

7 comments in this topic

14 posts
4,949 battles

Yesterday I had a 15 point captain in my Fubuki. He was there because I wanted him there. I understand that WG (all hail WG and their infinite wisdom) have decided to  ̶b̶a̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶w̶i̶t̶c̶h̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶  rework the IJN DD line, but now my 15 point captain is in my Kagero. If I don't want him where WG (all hail WG and their infinite wisdom) have put him I have to retrain him, costing me either doubloons or a sizeable amount of XP (100 000 xp). Why am I being penalized?

I am sure that I am not the only one in this position. Any player with captains that have this situation should have a free captain's ship retrain. On top of this they should also get a free skill retrain as the new lines are not necessarily going to have the same builds.

Keep up the good work guys, it's not like there are any other games I could spend my money on.

p.s. I loved the Halloween mission. A shame that you overestimated the intelligence of the average player. Even though a perfect game would be achievable, I doubt that many people (outside of a premade division) actually achieved it. I did however get quite a few 5/6 matches. Thank you for the camo rewards, I hope I don't have to burn them all just to get my captains back to where I had them. To those few who actually got 6/6, I think you deserve a special flag or something, gratz to you.

359 posts
2,819 battles

Congratz on early post ...that doesn't sound too negative.

Yeah. I didn't expect it at first and though the compensation has been done very well. I just realize that Fubuki owner wouldn't want his captain on kagerou.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Um. You wanted a 15-point captain in your tier 8 IJN destroyer. You currently now have a 15-point captain in your tier 8 IJN destroyer. Not sure where the penalization is.

Of course, if you were hoping for a free retraining to a 15-point captain on a tier 6 IJN destroyer, well, I'd say you're out of luck.

14 posts
4,949 battles

@Syanda - I like my Fubuki, I don't like my Kagero - they are not the same ship. If I wanted Kagero to have a 15 point captain I would have already put it there :) It should at least be my choice shouldn't it? Is that asking too much?

Hero_of_Zero gets it even if you don't. I am forced into a position that I didn't ask for and don't want. As I am sure there are other players out there in the same   ̶s̶h̶i̶p̶    ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶  situation. I thank WG (all hail WG and their infinite wisdom) for their attempt at compensating players, but perhaps It could have been thought through a little more.

Edited by E_Smith

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

@Syanda - I like my Fubuki, I don't like my Kagero - they are not the same ship. If I wanted Kagero to have a 15 point captain I would have already put it there :) It should at least be my choice shouldn't it? Is that asking too much?

actually yes.  you could of received nothing at all......

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

And Fubuki isn't Fubuki anymore either...

I mean... WG could always switch the same way they did in WoT where you only get one vehicle not both.

8 posts
2,342 battles

that mod reply tho.

wow, i rarely open forum and seeing their replies makes you wonder does wg really care about their customer, aka the people who throw money at them.