Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

13 comments in this topic

66 posts
4,895 battles

Hello, after a rather brief stint in my Gneisenau, which was rather short for a tier 7 Ship, or any tier 7 BB, I finally unlocked the Bismarck. Fine ship, I would say though I miss them torpedoes. But the Secondaries more than make up for that shortfall as I have had quite a few good games in Bismarck. However, there lies a confusion within me as to how to play her well, because being a non-Premium account holder, I am not able to make much money out of her as I would in the Gneisenau. I also find that many a times, cowardly teammates often become my undoing because while I push any flank or a Cap, I alays find myself in the thick of it. This always pisses me off and I feel it may also be because of my own misreading of the tactical situation. Hence, I request some tips and advices on how to play Bismarck and also how to strategise effectively for various scenarios such as when a Bismarck goes against a Higher tier BB or the same tier BB.

563 posts
4,686 battles

On a normal GG you can easily make 40-60k profit. Don't push alone, simply stick with some cruiser and DD. Look for openings in the enemy defense. And break trough there.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

use your speed to keep up with your cruiser allies

push flank and take out broadsiding cruiser first, if possible DD first>then cruiser, your large caliber guns has no problem dealing with cruiser. after that with the help of your cruiser and with you taking damage deal with the battleship next.

be aware of enemy dd, uses your sonar if necessary to prevent taking torpedo hits. torpedo are the main enemy of KM BB as they have really low torpedo protection. if possible don't get it by it.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Do not over estimate your secondaries, they are not very effective against battleships. You have to target DDs and CAs more because your gun caliber is lower and dispersion is bad. You put your hydro to good use and scare DDs out of the cap. Never show broadside, you may not get citadel hits, but Amagi / NC will do 25-30 k in one salvo if you show broadside.

563 posts
4,686 battles

Do not over estimate your secondaries, they are not very effective against battleships. You have to target DDs and CAs more because your gun caliber is lower and dispersion is bad. You put your hydro to good use and scare DDs out of the cap. Never show broadside, you may not get citadel hits, but Amagi / NC will do 25-30 k in one salvo if you show broadside.

Hmmm.. Not effective against battleships?

They are most effective against battleships

shot-16.10.29_18.47.29-0542.jpg

Also 50k auto damage:trollface:

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Hmmm.. Not effective against battleships?

They are most effective against battleships

Also 50k auto damage:trollface:

I'm sorry, but that doesn't look much to me against some slow T6 battleships. I was comparing vs other T8s. Bismarck can tank a lot more than other T8s, that's for sure.

563 posts
4,686 battles

I'm sorry, but that doesn't look much to me against some slow T6 battleships. I was comparing vs other T8s. Bismarck can tank a lot more than other T8s, that's for sure.

Well, more fire damage then. Seriously, whenever I get 100+ hits that's at least 20k auto damage. It can be more depending on RNG. But that's with Manual secondaries. Without it tho, not going to be that impactful.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Well, more fire damage then. Seriously, whenever I get 100+ hits that's at least 20k auto damage. It can be more depending on RNG. But that's with Manual secondaries. Without it tho, not going to be that impactful.

Exactly. Most of the normal people won't have T5 skills by T8 BB.

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,182 battles

Fire.

That's all there is.

Setting multiple fires.

Burn baby burn.

Very effective damage multiplier.

Tee

119 posts
2,076 battles

Hello, after a rather brief stint in my Gneisenau, which was rather short for a tier 7 Ship, or any tier 7 BB, I finally unlocked the Bismarck. Fine ship, I would say though I miss them torpedoes. But the Secondaries more than make up for that shortfall as I have had quite a few good games in Bismarck. However, there lies a confusion within me as to how to play her well, because being a non-Premium account holder, I am not able to make much money out of her as I would in the Gneisenau. I also find that many a times, cowardly teammates often become my undoing because while I push any flank or a Cap, I alays find myself in the thick of it. This always pisses me off and I feel it may also be because of my own misreading of the tactical situation. Hence, I request some tips and advices on how to play Bismarck and also how to strategise effectively for various scenarios such as when a Bismarck goes against a Higher tier BB or the same tier BB.

How to play the bismark, by 90% of the playerbase

1) get into Tier X match up

2) storm straight into cap, secondaries blazing

3) ??????

4) Profit by raging in chat at how crap your team is and why its their fault that you didn't manage to sink that Yamato, Iowa and collection of random HE spitting cruisers with secondaries alone.

If you fancy being a bit more unicum -Try reading this review - contains handy tips and hints about the ship and how to make the most out of her.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/93143-ship-review-mouse-in-the-bismarck/

Edited by Karrick

892 posts
7,853 battles

I love my Bismarck. Her secondaries can punish any ship within range especially if your captain is trained with BFT, AFT and manual fire control for secondary armament. This is further improved depending on the mods you include with your build. She can be quite tanky against other BB especially when supported by other friendly ships. As a sniper, she is not that good since her gun range is not awesome, further undermined by bad dispersion rate. In a good team, the Bismarck will lead a small group up the flank. Another 30k XP to unlock the Friedrich der Große.

66 posts
4,895 battles

I love my Bismarck. Her secondaries can punish any ship within range especially if your captain is trained with BFT, AFT and manual fire control for secondary armament. This is further improved depending on the mods you include with your build. She can be quite tanky against other BB especially when supported by other friendly ships. As a sniper, she is not that good since her gun range is not awesome, further undermined by bad dispersion rate. In a good team, the Bismarck will lead a small group up the flank. Another 30k XP to unlock the Friedrich der Große.

Yup, I couldnt agree more. I am just a bit behind you in that I still need like a 100K XP to unlock the FDG but I have since decided that I will skip her in favour of the Grosser Kurfurst

892 posts
7,853 battles

Yup, I couldnt agree more. I am just a bit behind you in that I still need like a 100K XP to unlock the FDG but I have since decided that I will skip her in favour of the Grosser Kurfurst

​That would involve a whole lot of free XP. Looking at the FDG's stats, she has better armor but maneuvering is poorer compared to the Bismarck. Am looking forward to playing her and eventually, unlock the Grosser Kurfurst through grinding. I only limit myself to using free XP for upgrading essentials bits

Sign in to follow this