You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
amade

0.5.15 Japanese Destroyers Reshuffle Feedback

102 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

How is the new Japanese Destroyer life treating you? Do you like the new additions? Are you satisfied with the reshuffle and rebalance? Please post all your feedback in this thread.

[AUS_P]
Beta Tester
73 posts
13,194 battles

Will be playing even less WOWS now. , mainly to only one container. My 5 skill captions on the ships have all been moved.The class of ships that need help Japanese DD has been neft. It's a total F up.

I have to spend doubloons to fixed up caption skills. So sad now :(

Edited by EvilJade

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

The good part:
-Some new ships!
-Premium ship such as the Kamikaze R and Fujin are untouched
-The much needed Fubuki and Mutsucky tier swap
-A little bit more usable guns

The Bad part:
-Unwarranted HE damage and fire chance nerf 
-Unwarranted  turret traverse speed nerf to the  the major line
-The small ROF buff is not enough to compensate for turret traverse speed and HE damage nerf
-Heavy nerf to the Minekaze and Isokaze torp without  buffs/rebalances to the main guns.

[FFG]
5 posts
5,733 battles

Love this patch!

The compensation WG issued is extremely satisfying.
Shiratsuyu, Akizuki and the Yugumo are right under the spotlight in my opinion.

Shiratsuyu, having the ability to launch 16 torps in a few seconds is borderline OP for t7

On top of that, she is stealthier than the Akatsuki, the supposed torpedo boat?

Yugumo, having better reload and range than the Shima, feels really versatile! Im shooting her guns all day long

The Akizuki is kind of a strange beast to me. The dmg goes from nothing to really high to nothing, just like in RN cruisers due to the fact that her strength is in AP, hitting superstructures of big ships and melting DD faces. Distinctive weakness and strength makes her interesting.

The Shimakaze is a bit of a sad story tho. Her guns now have the worse range and reload than the Yugumo 1 tier lower. It feels a bit weird because when I upgrade from t9 to t10, I expect to get a better ship. But the Shima just stays the same as before, which is a bit disappointing when almost everyone else got buffed. 

I gave up Shima and retrained the captain for Yugumo :\

For lower tiers, meh, I dont really like playing low tiers so i dont care about it.

I only have to look at the new things I like :D

Overall, Im still satisfied about the new IJN DD line :) Gonna play a lot of Shiratsuyu and Yugumo now

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

My Farragut likes them..... :) but i do find driving the Minekaze to be quite a lot harder now. She's sluggish, long reload, slow turret traverse but I guess you get that with any new ship as you learn to adjust to her. 

However she has OP guns. Devastating strike using HE for a Detonation against a cruiser. My very first shot fired with her. I really felt for the guy.

vwRstAM.png

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Yugumo is overperforming. It can do everything and as good as the dedicated DDs. I smell nerf coming. Yep, this is coming from a yugumo user.

Edited by Deicide

415 posts
10,918 battles

I hate it because they re-skilled my best DD captain without asking so I'm looking at 400 doubloons to get CE back on him ... when he wasn't even on a ship that was changed (Kamikaze R)

326 posts
10,532 battles

My Clemson & Mahan really like them.

Good for shooting practice. :)

On the other note, low & mid tier IJN DD quite sluggish to play. Just like the fellow forumer said above. 

Edited by ArchKongou

753 posts
8,965 battles

Not bloody happy WG, I worked long and hard to get a T6 IJN DD with a concealment of 5.6 kms with a 10 kms torp range (Mutsuki), now I have one with a 6.1 concealment. Complete waste of time on my part as I wouldn't have bothered.

I also worked long and hard to have 2 T5 IJN DD's with a 5.4 concealment (Minekaze and KamikazeR), now I have one with 5.4 and one with 5.6 and a Minekaze basically starting from scratch (a token 5 commander skills, you must be kidding me).

But wait Trojan63 we have more installed for you, we'll also nerf your Isokaze that you also spent a great deal of time getting your 16 point commander in and which had nothing to do with the current IJN DD tree split.

Seriously, if WG goal was to disenfranchise a lot of players then I must congratulate you on your achievement, job well done. 

I wait with great anticipation for the next step in ruining this game while listening to the vocal minority. First it was the AFT nerf to 152mm caliber guns and now this.

Regards,

No more money from me, 

Trojan63.

Edit: Now I just realise that I have to research 2 modules again on my Mutsuki that I already had and you drop her a tier, this is getting worse by the minute. :angry:

Edited by Trojan63

55 posts
3,922 battles

Like Trojan said, the crew shuffle is a giant clusterf.. mess.  My 12-point Minekaze captain has been reassigned to a Mutsuki I don't have, and replaced by a 5-point captain.  Worse still, I can't even reassign the 12-pointer to the Minekaze if I wanted to and was happy to pay WG's extortion money, as it appears to be locked.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Come within 6.4 km of Benson and we will have a chat :look:

and they always sink, if I'm the captain, sorry mate. Good guns + f3 torps + torp reload booster? u better run .

[-SZY-]
211 posts

New T8 Kagero and Yuugumo do okay
Fubuki and Akatsuki is not matter of question on bothering with cap

The map now seems to be filled with many red triangles

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Akatsuki worst concealment, cant believe WG put in this ship so bad. torps, guns, concealment

PS: Sold

yeah her worst weakness is concealment. probably to balance her 3x3 torpedo loadout. her guns are decent though they turn really slow but her torpedo are awesome. it can spread better than hasuharu so at leas 1 or more can hit the target.

[LBAS]
4,478 posts
25,659 battles

yeah her worst weakness is concealment. probably to balance her 3x3 torpedo loadout. her guns are decent though they turn really slow but her torpedo are awesome. it can spread better than hasuharu so at leas 1 or more can hit the target.

Fubuki VI and Mutsuki V do far more better than Akatsuki VII

with that concealment Mahan can bum bum bum you until dead. NOw she replace the No1(scrap) DD in T7, Mahan is 2nd

Edited by MatterCore

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,499 battles

Wow no one complains about Shiratsuyu?

That thing is outright broken with concealment expert and super intendent and I like it.

Use a premium torpedo reloader and try it for yourself (Shiratsuyu has a dedicated consumable slot for torpedo reloader).