Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
amade

0.5.15 Campaigns Feedback

35 comments in this topic

99 posts
1,653 battles

It's something extra to do with some nice rewards, not sure how it will help newbies play the game better since it's just the old mission system except you choose the missions instead; Why Shinonome as final reward for the honourable service quest-line though...would have preferred a CA prem since we got the Kamikaze R last year.

[KEBAB]
Super Tester
195 posts
6,024 battles

Currently just running the "Science of Victory" Campaigns, haven't gone through much yet but I am content with the challenge requirements for their corresponding number of pins.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Almost finished all of stage one on the tiers 3-10 missions. I'm enjoying it more than the old mission system as it just seems more interesting. Maybe it's because you can entwine more than one mission at a time but unlike the old system which i never even bothered to look at, I'm actually playing ships to fit them.  

Will it help newer players though. I don't really know if it will improve there game play but it does give them fun and rewarding goals which I believe is good for the game . The rewards are also pretty good, especially when you finish a stage. 

Ensign

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Kudos to WG for adding some stuff to break the game's monotonous nature, but could be better. It looks like just a pimped up version of your missions/task. They should add something more interesting and unique so it doesn't feel that way. Right now, it still feel tedious that every game I go back to port, click campaign, click get reward then click new campaign. Reward should be automatically given with a port pop-up or some notification while still in a game to reduce the tediousness.

For the "Final Task" of each campaign mission, to make it more interesting, I suggest making a custom map (like the holoween event) and custom scenario so it feels like they actually are doing something new. Make it as hard as the holoween event(success is when they do every objective) and give good rewards.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Right now, it still feel tedious that every game I go back to port, click campaign, click get reward then click new campaign. Reward should be automatically given with a port pop-up or some notification while still in a game to reduce the tediousness.

For the "Final Task" of each campaign mission, to make it more interesting, I suggest making a custom map (like the holoween event) and custom scenario so it feels like they actually are doing something new. Make it as hard as the holoween event(success is when they do every objective) and give good rewards.

this. although i really like those extra flags like speed flag. its really annoying i have to click claim instead of automatically get the prize after the game finish.

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,493 battles

These are just more missions to do. Did you have to give it a new name?

I'm fine with getting more rewards but I was expecting some kind of  'decent' co-op mode.

403 posts
8,185 battles

How long will the missions last? I need to plan when I would need to rush-grind for the free ship.

Edited by 27000ants

753 posts
8,965 battles

Not sure why a premium T6 ship requires you to play T8 and above, none of the other previous challenges for ships of a certain tier required you to play 2 tiers above that ship to get it.

Probably only a means to encourage players to play these tiers which most do not for the obvious and countless stated reasons.

Also just the first day into this new campaign mode and I can already see even more semblance of players not focusing on the mission objective or team play. They are more concerned with completing these stupid campaign objectives.

The rewards I agree are good but for overall game play objectives,which WG have introduced several failed methods to improve, this new facet only enhances lack of team work, aggressiveness and the aim to win. 

[HMAS]
56 posts
2,199 battles

At this point of time, it /is/ glorified daily missions but I believe it leaves good opportunity for better things to be implemented.

For instance, like the halloween event, short singleplayer campaigns could be added. 

[AE]
200 posts
9,488 battles

the campaign in its current state is unfinishable after the first set. In the second set of "Science of victory" one task is get 500 FREE EXP in one battle. At 5% of your total that means that you need a total of 10,000 experience in one battle to progress. Either a typo, or someone in the "Campaign" section of WG simply doesn't know how the game works. (standard free xp in a battle is 50-75). Good luck with that.

9 posts
2,350 battles

I'm actually loving them. I think it's a good complement to the current missions and challenges. It actively engages you to choose appropriate tasks and ship, it can change up you play style which is good (sure it may sometimes encourage silly play, but mostly through to inexperience. There is a right way and a wrong way to do most things). I've heard complaints from some people that they only play XX type of ship, but I think encouraging people to diversify is a good thing. And it's entirely optional if you try complete the campaigns. 

Plus I love rewards of any type.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

the campaign in its current state is unfinishable after the first set. In the second set of "Science of victory" one task is get 500 FREE EXP in one battle. At 5% of your total that means that you need a total of 10,000 experience in one battle to progress. Either a typo, or someone in the "Campaign" section of WG simply doesn't know how the game works. (standard free xp in a battle is 50-75). Good luck with that.

Tasks are repeatable, so you can repeat a single task over and over again to farm pins (but the reward for the task is only issued once), without ever doing any of the other tasks.

Also, 500 free XP is achieveable (nearly got 10k XP once). But it would be rare, and its difficulty is reflected by the amount of pins that task would award. Also, if I'm not mistaken, extra FXP gained using signal flags also count. Whether anyone would actually undertake the task is another matter entirely, when one could just pick an easier task and farm pins from it.

However, once a mission is completed, you can go back to any uncompleted task and try to finish them. Either for the rewards or for the sake of completing all the tasks.

40 posts
3,531 battles

At this point of time, it /is/ glorified daily missions but I believe it leaves good opportunity for better things to be implemented.

For instance, like the halloween event, short singleplayer campaigns could be added. 

​Here's hoping would be nice to have a game mode that encourages team play

it currently seems like a team based game that rewards selfish play. I get rewarded more when I play for myself than when I play for the team as AA support or DD hunter.:sceptic:

440 posts
3,379 battles

It's fun, quite rewarding, and there's more to progress than just grinding ships. but what I'm afraid is that I've noticed there's some tasks that requires you to kill ships from a certain nation and if people do these mission I'm worried that it will be like how arp myoko goes like "damage x amount to cv/bb/ca/dd" then people would do their own things

But overall, it's a nice implementation to normal missions

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Good part:

1. Rewards are nice

2. Now you can have some targets in mind while playing a specific class, and choose what kind of mission you want to do before you take a class into battle.

3. Has something for every class and even for Co-Op which is nice. And you can even skip some if you don't want to do those.

4. Not repeatable to avoid grinding.

Sad part:
1. UI Lags.

2. Hard to navigate, you have to get out from a chapter to the main menu to get into another one, while all the details on a chapter is shown in one screen. It would be much easier with some side scrolling.

3. Inconsistent difficulty. It doesn't feel like progression, just random missions.

4. Reward collection is manual. I think Devs did it to keep the people engaged with something outside of game, but that is not what we want.

Overall, a good change, but could be better implementation. I will still give this a +1.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,040 battles

Overall It's a pretty good execution, my main problem is that some of the wording for the missions is too ambiguous and It's hard to understand exactly what the mission requires.

Sign in to follow this