Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KongouHime

Captain skills for [content removed] DD's

13 comments in this topic

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

I just started playing Gnevny awhile ago, I'm confused which captain skills is the best for Russian DD's. Any tips?

Profanity/Offensive language. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

753 posts
8,965 battles

Not sure if you or others are aware of the actual or various interpretations of the term [content removed]

Post edited.

~amade

Edited by amade

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Best for Russian DDs 

level 1 : Expert Loader

level 2 : Last Stand

Level 3 : you can chose between Vigilance and Superintendent. Vigilance because you'll find yourself sitting in smoke and by the time you can see a torpedo approaching it is too late(just for that not to happen take it). Superintendent because Extra smoke and speed boost are really helpful. Personally I prefer Superuntendent.

level 4 : Now there are lot of choices here Demolition Expert, Advanced Firing Training and Survivability Expert.

• Demolition Expert If you want your ship to spit fires on any ship you shoot at
  • Advanced Firing Training so that you can really reach out for the targets.
  • Survivability Expert for Kiev.

Personally I'd take Demolition and Survivability Expert. AFT doesnt mean much for me

level 5 : Meh take Concealment Expert others are there just for show.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

BFT

Last stand

Vigilance

advance firing training (get it first before demo and survivability)

demo expert

Survivability expert (either get survivability or demo next, it depend on your play style)

Edited by yansuki

381 posts
9,957 battles

T1: BFT. This is standard for all DD even the IJN ones.

T2: Last Stand. Also a must have for DD. The turret traverse of Gnevny is horrible but at Ognevoi and up it will be better, so don't fall into the trap and take EM.

T3: Superintendent or Vigilance. I picked up SI because I play a lot in division these days and have to smoke my teammate. If it's solo you might want to pick Vigilance instead.

T4: AFT first as it allows you to kite lone target much better (normally the base 12km range of Russian DDs equal to ~6s of CA shell time so it's still possible to suffer 1-2 hit from that distance - remember your ruddershift is not as good as IJN or USN counterparts). But 14km usually means 8s+ (cuz shells lose velocity gradually) which is large enough for you to dodge them reliably.

Get DE next as it increases your damage output greatly. By the time you get 14th point you might be at the Kiev like me and feel tempted to get SE instead as Kiev has lower HP than Gnevny lol. But SE bonus isn't that good for high tier - I tested all combinations of 2x4 build for t8/9/10 on PT extensively and SE is just worse than DE. Whether going for SE last as to finish the 3x4 build or get both SI/VI on t3 and BoS on t1 is debatable as I haven't had the chance to test with a 18 pts captain. I'd still suppose SE is better tho.

I also tested concealment builds on PT - it doesn't worth it. The detection range gap between you and other DD is just too big to hope for any advantage that CE could bring.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

I just started playing Gnevny awhile ago, I'm confused which captain skills is the best for Russian DD's. Any tips?

for gnevny go for BFT, EM (which you must have), last stand, SI..level 4 skill go for AFT, and DE or even SE all together

problem with gnevny you have to waste 2 points on EM which not needed on next tier onwards

671 posts
1,508 battles

-BFT-no doubts

-EM-Gnevny's turrets need this.

-Superintendent-Extra smoke and extra boost if useful

-AFT-more range is delicious

-CE-Nothing else good in this tier acctually

563 posts
4,686 battles

Best for Russian DDs 

level 1 : Expert Loader

level 4 : Now there are lot of choices here Demolition Expert, Advanced Firing Training and Survivability Expert.

• Demolition Expert If you want your ship to spit fires on any ship you shoot at
  • Advanced Firing Training so that you can really reach out for the targets.
  • Survivability Expert for Kiev.

Personally I'd take Demolition and Survivability Expert. AFT doesnt mean much for me

level 5 : Meh take Concealment Expert others are there just for show.

Wut?  BFT exists and you choose expert loader

3x4 is the best. And AFT is the most important t4 skill. Doesn't mean much? You can potentially shoot people from 14km with impunity.

Forget concealment expert. Go BFT,LS, VI/SI,AFT,DE,SE

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Wut?  BFT exists and you choose expert loader

3x4 is the best. And AFT is the most important t4 skill. Doesn't mean much? You can potentially shoot people from 14km with impunity.

Forget concealment expert. Go BFT,LS, VI/SI,AFT,DE,SE

well that is how i like it so nvm it is up to you to choose. 

563 posts
4,686 battles

well that is how i like it so nvm it is up to you to choose. 

Since you recently post that you struggle to even make 100k+ on a Kiev then well.. You might want to change what you "like".

Sign in to follow this