Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BunnyDragon

New Ribbon for Air Kills

7 comments in this topic

425 posts

I have an idea for a new ribbon for air kills.  It would be a Squadron Kill Ribbon awarded to anyone for killing 5 aircraft from the same ship.

What this ribbon would do is reward players (mostly cv I believe, or people running aa for fleet defense) and would add bonus credit and xp to the same amount as a citadel for other players. 

To get this ribbon all you have to do is shoot down 5 aircraft launched from the same ship.

Ex.  5 different squadrons from a cv passes over you, 2 minutes apart from each other so the plane kill ribbon goes up to the ribbon bar, and you shoot down 1 plane each time.  You are rewarded with a squadron kill ribbon as losing 5 planes really hurts a cv player. 

Another example, this one for not getting the ribbon.

You shoot down 3 planes from one cv in a 4 cv match.  You shoot down 2 more from the other cv, you get the 5 plane ribbons, but no squadron ribbon as they came from different carriers and you didn't get t the cidadel equivalent on the cvs. 

I think this might help cv players play more and be a slight buff and not a nerf.

What do you guys think?  Would this be a buff or nerf to cvs? Or not really matter at all.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Search Function is not very appealing to use

that's why

but, that thread is made by the same person...

did he not remember he made this before?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

but, that thread is made by the same person...

did he not remember he made this before?

:facepalm:tell him to Necro himself
Edited by Harpoon01

425 posts

already suggested months ago.

already got trashed / ignored also :D

dont you learn your lessons? 

First off, no, I don't learn my lessons when there is an actual lesson.

When you mentioned that it got trashed, that's true. It did, but almost all the arguments boiled down to "I don't like it." and the ones that didn't replied to another comment that wanted the ribbon to go to who ever killed the squadron, even if it was 1 plane, not who got the plane kills.  I agree that, that suggestion is terrible and would not encourage play. 

My suggestion did not get many constructive replies. I am looking for replies that deal in game mechanics. No, you don't have to data mine, you just have to frame your "I don't like it." in because it would harm the game play this way or the economy. 

In regards to months ago, that's right.  It was back in the beginning of the summer, 2 ship lines, 1 sub-line, and a whole new economy, ago. That's a lot of changes that don't include the campaigns or containers or anything else. 

If you find my suggestion bad.  That's ok, just give me an in game reason to back up what you think.  Don't just say it's bad or that it was months ago.  I started playing almost a year ago, and the game is a different game from last year and old suggestions might as well be brought back up.  If you think it should be changed to make it work, give how it should and why for in game reasons.

I compared this ribbon to citadels, because it takes a certain amount of skill to get 5 planes shot down.  In fact, you can compare this to starting fires, or flooding, or incapacitations, as each ribbon either hurts the other player for a short time or does damange that forces an action or behavior change in the player.  I find shooting down 5 planes from a single player, changes the behavior or even hurts the cv player as much as a citadel, fire, flooding, or incapacitation and should be treated the same.  I even gave in game mechanics to get this ribbon or not get this ribbon.  For all intents and purposes, it might just be a feel good ribbon, but if you are stuck in tier 3-5 with lots of cvs and not a whole lot of aa?  That's a nice feel good, or even upper tiers and you took the df off your crusier?  A nice feel good for being focused to death from the high tier cv who sees something other than a dd to kill. 

Once again, just give me in game reasons and don't just trash me for bringing back a suggestion because the game has undergone a major change.

One last thing, I know how to do forum searches, that's why I've never asked about subs, the devs have said that those boats/ships will never be in this game for balance reasons. 

Sign in to follow this