You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vio_Strygun

Your opinion about Bismarck

47 comments in this topic

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,889 battles

I think this ship is OP, I'm not sure about you guys but I do believe this ship should not even be this strong. 

What kind of ship that can went into a cap guarded by 5 people, killed a smoked DD and then live to fight another day? Oh yeah this exact Bismarck.

Seriously german hydro, catapult plane, speed, good turning circle, this ship can open fire with the secondaries against DD that just happened to be under her plane route when the user don't even pay attention (Yes manual secondary prevent this but how many people actually have them?).

This made me wish I had a Bismack back then, maybe I could get into rank 1 at previous season.

So what's your take on this ship? Troll me as much as you want fam, I'm dead inside anyway :trollface:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Yep looks OP until you encounter good Amagi player

Like Seriously, she have good survivability but her firepower is the lowest among battleship on her Tier

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,889 battles

That firepower is the lowest sure but it is lowest among battleships which means it still a BB firepower which means it still hurts against cruiser which means cruisers don't wanna support a cap which means if there's DD inside that cap she's gonna get penetrated from the front stern, and sideways, heck from every hole possible.

A single Amagi can't stop her, you need multiple BB to focus fire her and even then it took quite awhile then you realized the opponent team already dealt significant dmg while yours trying to stop the Bismarck. 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Desperately needs team support. Bismarck's best in a brawl. Unfortunately, that makes it a gigantic target for every enemy ship, so it needs a hell lot of support to shine. Otherwise, it gets pulverized by a storm of HE shells and regular pens. Outside of brawling situation, she gets outgunned by Amagi and North Carolina, usually.

381 posts
9,957 battles

Not owning a Bismarck so I would present my observations instead. I'd agree that in objective-based modes like Domination and Ranked, the ship is pretty OP. Hydro allows it to lead a push itself without the need of having a DD scouting for torp. However in standard battle I feel it's not as strong as the other t8 BB. The gun is inaccurate outside 14km therefore I can kite/burn it down somewhat easily with t8+ cruisers (it seems to catch fire and raw HE damage easier too, not sure why).

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,494 battles

Should have some pretty stable server stats on Bismarck by now - how's she looking?

As far as my personal feeling goes, while Bismarck does seem strong (don't have one myself) the other Tier 8 Battleships are also very good. Both Amagi and Tirpitz are powerful, effective ships and don't appear to be struggling. North Carolina (which I do have) is a bit more... uh... "Captain-dependent" shall we say, but is genuinely fearsome when she's not trying to snipe from 20km+. It's a pretty solid tier for Battleships.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Should have some pretty stable server stats on Bismarck by now - how's she looking?

As far as my personal feeling goes, while Bismarck does seem strong (don't have one myself) the other Tier 8 Battleships are also very good. Both Amagi and Tirpitz are powerful, effective ships and don't appear to be struggling. North Carolina (which I do have) is a bit more... uh... "Captain-dependent" shall we say, but is genuinely fearsome when she's not trying to snipe from 20km+. It's a pretty solid tier for Battleships.

2nd highest WR. Edinburgh beats her. 1st in Avg. DMG. 2nd in Avg XP. Beaten by edinburgh again

[PANTS]
188 posts
10,313 battles

All of them are very capable of destroying each other.

Fully agreed, All goes down to who is the player on the ship itself 

415 posts
10,918 battles

Not owning a Bismarck so I would present my observations instead. I'd agree that in objective-based modes like Domination and Ranked, the ship is pretty OP. Hydro allows it to lead a push itself without the need of having a DD scouting for torp. However in standard battle I feel it's not as strong as the other t8 BB. The gun is inaccurate outside 14km therefore I can kite/burn it down somewhat easily with t8+ cruisers (it seems to catch fire and raw HE damage easier too, not sure why).

This pretty much says it all ... but those 10.6km range secondaries with manual control (I use Flamu's build on mine) are good fun

345 posts
3,668 battles

In my opinion, all Tier 8 battleships are really good, none of them are OP, all of them are very capable of destroying each other.

Not really.

North Carolina can bow-on and mitigate damage while still having 66% of the fire power

Bismarck can just sail any way and not worry about getting citadelled + Powerful HE secondaries

Tirpitz, Just like Bismarck, is hard to citadel + Exceptional at brawling because of torpedoes

Amagi? Bow on won't work (40% fire power). If Amagi tries to show all guns, she has to somehow show broadside and be citadelled. Range? NC, Bismarck and Tirpitz has more/the same range.

Edited by Loshirai14

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Not really.

North Carolina can bow-on and mitigate damage while still having 66% of the fire power

Bismarck can just sail any way and not worry about getting citadelled + Powerful HE secondaries

Tirpitz, Just like Bismarck, is hard to citadel + Exceptional at brawling because of torpedoes

Amagi? Bow on won't work (40% fire power). If Amagi tries to show all guns, she has to somehow show broadside and be citadelled. Range? NC, Bismarck and Tirpitz has more/the same range.

Statistically, Amagi performs better than North Carolina.

345 posts
3,668 battles

Statistically, Amagi performs better than North Carolina.

icy phoenix stated that "all of them are very capable of destroying each other

Statistics don't matter. It's more about the "destroying each other" part,

Amagi can't 1v1 any T8 BB

Edited by Loshirai14

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

What kind of ship that can went into a cap guarded by 5 people, killed a smoked DD and then live to fight another day? 

Myogi, Wyoming, Arkansas, Kaiser, König, Kongou, New York, New Mexico, Fusou, Bayern and Nagato.

Also Nassau and Kawachi, South Carolina only to a certain degree.

783 posts
4,824 battles

Not really.

Amagi is more about weaving and constantly moving through the battlefield. It has enough armor(through the bow and midship) to bounce off shots and all you have to give is an angle around ~30-35 degrees to bring its guns to bear. A BB that's only showing that much angle (at worst) is not easy to citadel or even damage at times. She also has the best "horizontal dispersion" value so you can count on her guns being more reliable than the germans and arguably even to NC while still maintaining a good arc. She's also the best at taking in torpedoes if ever with that (should I say OP) torpedo belt.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,494 battles

The range advantage is that Amagi can actually hit things at a reasonable distance. The other three cannot.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I have no issue dealing with a Bismarck. However, I am concerned for the game balance because statistically, she is overpowered. I'll put the statistics up for everyone 

Bismarck%20stats_zpsmtyljuar.png

Look at damage differences between Amagi and North Carolina and Tirpitz. Now pay attention to her average XP. Yea, it is rather high. Statistically, she is slightly over-performing. However, I reckon she is only as good as she is right now is because of her completely idiot proof amour. I often see Bismarck going broadside to other ships and never get punished. People always say 'huge damage 15-20k' but those 15-20k damage can be easily repaired because they are not citadel penetrations. 15-20k damage is very light damage going broadside. Especially since other nations is like to take 30-40k damage from double or triple citadels and they can't repair citadel damage either.

Torpedoes wise... TAKE THAT GOD-DAMN Hydro away from them. Destroyers are meant to counter battleships, not vice versa. That hydro effectively make destroyers worthless against Bismarck if it is paying attention. He lose so much bloody speed in a turn to the point where he can dodge torpedoes as well as a Colorado. Remove that Hydro!

In all seriousness though. If you want to complain about overpowered battleship. Complain about the Gneisnau, not Bismarck

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

She is a strong ship when built for secondaries, including modules and flags up to 10.6 km. Not everyone does this (though i think that they should).

The Bissie definitely needs support though, be it a CL/CA or a DD to spot or harass.

Stats dont lie at the moment she is strong. OP, i wouldnt go there, but she has her weakness's too.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

pfft. bismarck armor is double edge. while she wont get citadel, she also gets lots of penetration damage. i have no problem scoring 10-20k damage on broadsiding bismarck beyong 15km using only 15" guns. i also remember scoring citadel against them on close quarter using bismarck guns. i wipe full hp bismarck to zero after just few salvo.

her secondary only works at 10.3km, beyond that she cant do anything but uses he r15" guns with unreliable dispersion. she only got high damage because lots of idiots fight her at brawling range with 2ndary and fires adding to the damage of her guns.

also ironic how she can't beat amagi in close quarter, she cant citadel her at all. i have failed couple of times fighting an amagi at close quarter. she will beat you because she has more bigger guns while bismarck guns accuracy are unreliable even at lower range.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,889 battles

Myogi, Wyoming, Arkansas, Kaiser, König, Kongou, New York, New Mexico, Fusou, Bayern and Nagato.

Also Nassau and Kawachi, South Carolina only to a certain degree.

Yeah sure dude let's see how these guys gonna do against smoked DD who's ready to torp them, at best they did killed 1 DD part and died afterward while giving thumbs up and said "Worth it".

Sigh another "this ship is op" thread, and funnily enough it is not a cv or dd

Eyy come on man, CV/DD OP is so 2015, we gotta be emancipated, time to call BB OP :trollface:

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

pfft. bismarck armor is double edge. while she wont get citadel, she also gets lots of penetration damage. i have no problem scoring 10-20k damage on broadsiding bismarck beyong 15km using only 15" guns. i also remember scoring citadel against them on close quarter using bismarck guns. i wipe full hp bismarck to zero after just few salvo.

10-20k damage on broadside Bismarck is nothing when other nations will recieve 20-40k damage easily

her secondary only works at 10.3km, beyond that she cant do anything but uses he r15" guns with unreliable dispersion. she only got high damage because lots of idiots fight her at brawling range with 2ndary and fires adding to the damage of her guns.

And because of her idiot proof amour and hydro, she have no issue getting within 10.3 km. She is also prety fast at 30knts as well. 

also ironic how she can't beat amagi in close quarter, she cant citadel her at all. i have failed couple of times fighting an amagi at close quarter. she will beat you because she has more bigger guns while bismarck guns accuracy are unreliable even at lower range.

Nothing can citadel Amagi at close range due to her citadel placement. Not even NC. Maybe Yamato, but someone have to confirm this.

Edited by silenthunter19944

381 posts
9,957 battles

New Mexico can citadel Amagi reliably enough below 10km (yeah I know because I managed to do it 3 times within 10 games). One problem when fighting against her at close range in a Bismarck is: if you show broadside you will get annihilated by the monstrous firepower, but if you bow on too much your secondaries' arc is limited while Amagi can kite you with her 3 back turrets.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

only if you get citadel, and its hard to get citadel with bismarck unreliable guns. most of the times it will bounce or miss.

her armor protect her only from getting citadel not from penetration, even fusou and new mexico can punish bismarck.

even without citadel other ship can score decent hit against amagi while Bismarck guns do jackshit against her at closer range.

New Mexico can citadel Amagi reliably enough below 10km (yeah I know because I managed to do it 3 times within 10 games). One problem when fighting against her at close range in a Bismarck is: if you show broadside you will get annihilated by the monstrous firepower, but if you bow on too much your secondaries' arc is limited while Amagi can kite you with her 3 back turrets.

this is pretty much true, bismarck cant show her full firepower without presenting almost broadside. and her guns have really poor armor so its easier to knock out.

forgot to mention that KM ship has lots of superstructure and HE deals lots of damage against them and RN AP alike.  for some reason they easily catches fires too. i remember getting 4 fires in just one salvo of myouko.

Edited by yansuki