You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Deicide

Why do players remain cowards? After all the changes

70 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

CV nerfs, a massive nerf to long range torpedoes, a flat amount of maintenance bill regardless of damage, exp and creds for tanking, a lot of things has been done but nothing has changed. It's still the same small dick gameplay we all have been experiencing ever since this game has started, only this time CVs are extinct.

No wonder my kagero WR is 46%, WR reflects your skill level apparently

sucks when you got DCed only to reconnect and see your ship now a submarine, good thing I have my teammates to rely on

NQA4yzL.jpg

and totally ignored the cap. (note no enemy is present in A)

AolfOZN.jpg

But why is there no change in high tier meta? Is it because the players are castrated monkeys? I think there is a bigger factor here.

Players want to slug out and kill one another and nothing else. They may seem coward at first, but they simply don't care about points and bases. They came here to shoot and sink ships. They don't care about some circles and numbers.

Now where does this leave someone like me and other competitive players who want to win? We are in an endless spiral of annoyance and dissatisfaction and flamethrowers and toxic salty seas.

Suggestion:

1. Remove or improve the mode Domination in high tier games, which is what the majority of high tier games are(domi only in ranked). This mode is too advance for primitive people who populate this game. Or, you can give more intensives for base captures and defense. Put more GUI warnings that they're about to lose if they don't capture base as it seems like communication can be difficult in this server----at least their clients are in their native language and can remind them.

2. WE need massive revamp of the CV cla--- never mind.
3. The return of standard battle on high tier games. Why did we remove it in the first place? The problem before was the massive amounts of draw games from standard battles, which since has been fixed (point+/- upon ship death). I reckon that player satisfaction is better in standard battles rather than in any other modes and it's generally more fun as players have more chance to slug out and wipe out each other.

Edited by Deicide

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I agree with you.

even with the economy change, there isn't much difference in player behaviour.

PS: you should edit your post before got Red Crayoned 

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
465 posts
9,889 battles

I've been telling this a lot, NO the game has nothing to do with cowardice, it is individual issue which can induce chain reaction. 

Look at how many things that was done to improve aggressiveness: Non-point games, Long Range torpedo wall, AA buffs, Fixed maintenance cost, and as you can see you will still see some super passive games, nothing could fix it, you need major educational guide that will reach every single players and for every single players to actually acknowledge and apply it in game.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

i really don't see the point on trying to change people's mind. It IS their own individual mind/thinking after all, they have the freedom to think independently, regardless if its self-inducing pain or psychological disorder. I mean, like what the mods actually said in one of the past threads, he said: 'You can't effectively cure stupid'

119 posts
2,087 battles

Evidently being killed in game equates to being killed in real life...

hqdefault.jpg

"i even heard that there are no respawn points in RL?"

43 posts
6,031 battles

The Sniping BB is main problem on high-Tier meta game.
Today I lost 8 game streak because BB try to snip at 15KM+ without help fend of CA in Cap Zone.

And another problem  is AFK player.

I don't know why lately, seem to has many of them (today find 4 AFK in 8 Game, my report ticket nearly run-out every day because AFK)

Edited by TSilverwing

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

This topic is becoming a repetitive one, and when WG see this, they will come up with failed idea like Epicenter which forces players to camp more instead of being aggressive.

However, some players never experienced the thrill of aggressive play, they will just want to not die. Because unlike WarBlunder, there is no respawn. Many players don't know how to play a class of ship, but still they try to play that because they just want to grind. You see that for many USN DD players, who play their ships like IJN stealth torpboats which obviously doesn't work.

Nothing can really change the thought process of people. Obviously some are just here to pass a few hours while sipping their cold beverages. 

And as you can see, this is not really enjoyable for a good player. Win or lose, a hard competitive game is always fun, but not when your team just melts down in 6 minutes or no one even goes to the cap points. Hence is why I like to play in division. So that the efforts are not all spoiled.

(On a side note, although written as 20% on paper, seems IJN CAs have 120% fire chance in reality, if this is fixed, BBs might play bit more aggressively).

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

The Sniping BB is main problem on high-Tier meta game.

Today I lost 8 game streak because BB try to snip at 15KM+ without help fend of CA in Cap Zone.

And another problem  is AFK player.

I don't know why lately, seem to has many of them (today find 4 AFK in 8 Game, my report ticket nearly run-out every day because AFK)

How about you play a non-sniping BB and win the game?

43 posts
6,031 battles

How about you play a non-sniping BB and win the game?

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain all situation.

8 game that I mention were: BB camp at the edge of map and let all of other team stand in Caping zone.

for BB: Sniping was not wrong.

but sometime should push to cap zone. or tank some damage for CA.

Don't snip all time and end game with score lose plus all of other CA and DD in team death (This mean BB was not in heat zone till end game, except some game with CA and DD going to instant dead).

*For me Snipe mean 14-15KM+ Shooting.

Edited by TSilverwing

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

I'll agree with you, all these changes yet they still go snipe, didn't tank, and didn't cap. Also, there are games that ended in less than 10 minutes because of feeding, enemy cap aggressively while your team didn't do nothing like cowards.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,442 battles

3. The return of standard battle on high tier games. Why did we remove it in the first place? The problem before was the massive amounts of draw games from standard battles, which since has been fixed (point+/- upon ship death). I reckon that player satisfaction is better in standard battles rather than in any other modes and it's generally more fun as players have more chance to slug out and wipe out each other.

So players can camp longer? There is nothing to do to change meta
Edited by R3negade

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Now where does this leave someone like me and other competitive players who want to win? We are in an endless spiral of annoyance and dissatisfaction and flamethrowers and toxic salty seas.

Stop solo queuing and Division up? Quit the game and save energy for Team/Clan battles coming in the future? Get R1 and play the Super League?

We're playing Random Battle anyway. We can rant about other people stupidity all day and for what? Expecting them to change in an instant?

Honestly I don't like high tier meta either. Its either go for the objective and die fast, or snipe like everyone else for 20 minutes.

But I don't care, because I never put myself in such high expectation when the game mode I choose is called Random Battle where I get matched up with 23 other players I never met before. I'd suggest you to do the same.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I kinda think this is the Asia meta and it have its own advantage.

Why go out to get shot when i can actually wait and let enemy come at me and get kill.

When i camp i got to choose the best position that suit my ship/playstyle/situation.

I also can save most of my HP for end game brawl or when i need to trade my HP.

Not saying which camp or aggressive playstyle is better but mix of two is my ideal gameplay :P

250 posts
13,188 battles

People tends to preserve their own a**, fear to take a risks, they make sure they gain the most damage from enemy without risking their own. 

I can hardly called it "coward" rather I would call them "selfish" just like in real life where people struggles to survive.

I'm okay with something like "counterattack" and "task force" which require team cooperation (which is my main style gameplay) but something like "lemming train" or "camping" should not be tolerate.

maybe WG should include "how this game should be played" into game tutorial and demonstrate the difference between "Idiot" play and "smart" play. 

IMHO

203 posts
11,795 battles

I think I said this before but here goes again.

Eact individuals have their own way to play the game. You can't force them to play how the game suppose to be heck even some failed in PvE.

Bring back the standard battle ? No its not gonna help there's gonna be more draw like you said.

Why there's so much draw ? you already said it, Players play passively.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

you are expecting random player to do what they should do?

Sorry, what did you say again?

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

RU - Goes bow on and head directly towards enemy.

Asia - Goes bow on and start reversing

NA - Circle around each other which is in other words broadsiding each other

EU - Too busy digging salt

CN - Who plays the game when you can just buy stats

634 posts
6,229 battles

RU - Goes bow on and head directly towards enemy.

Asia - Goes bow on and start reversing

NA - Circle around each other which is in other words broadsiding each other

EU - Too busy digging salt

CN - Who plays the game when you can just buy stats

Inaccurate, CN players used HAGS and WP. You cant buy stats but oh well you can by 'skills'

Edited by TorpedoBeat