You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

NERF the Belfast

72 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

The Belfast is one of the most frustrating ship to fight against in tier 7 matches, especially for destroyers. I have absolutely no idea who the hell at War Gaming decided to put such an overpowered ship in the game. I know that this ship is meant to counter destroyers but there is absolutely no way to kill this piece of shit as a destroyer. She just gets within about 8km range. Press a button for smoke, press another button for radar and then press another button for Hydro. After this, all she have to do is hold down Mouse 1 and decimate every destroyer within 10km. That's all you have to bloody do mate. Press 3 buttons and then you are set to kill every destroyer. Kill her with torpedoes ? Oh no, she have hydro, team up on her with destroyers? Oh no, radar. Chase her out of cap using other ships? Oh no she have smoke and then she can hold down Mouse 1 and send everyone back to port. War Gaming, what are you thinking ? Why can't you bloody think straight and balance ships properly ?
Don't believe me that she is Overpowered ?

Belfast_zpsyije2lld.png

JUST NERF HER. PERIOD. 
I don't understand why everyone whine about their premium ship getting nerfed. Look at USN players, look at how they react when the Arizona sigma value was nerfed. No one complained. SO HOW ABOUT YOU GET OVER YOURSELF AND LET THE SHIP GET REBALANCED 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Sadly WG rarely nerf Premium ship/tank, so seem like you have to come up with a way to take it out.

So far yolo smoke seem to work for me since Belfast dont have torpedoes, so me no fear :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

37 posts
9,836 battles

I love my belfast.. But it is super squishy, just like the rest of the british line.

Problem is players don't focus ships that need to be focused..

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Sadly WG rarely nerf Premium ship/tank, so seem like you have to come up with a way to take it out.

So far yolo smoke seem to work for me since Belfast dont have torpedoes, so me fear :D:D:D

Well they gonna have too, the Belfast is like the Type 59 when it came out. The WOT community was absolutely fine with War Gaming nerfing it.

On our side, every time that a prem ship is under the risk of getting nerfed every players who bought the ship started whining like an 8 years old getting his/her candy taken away. Because of this, I've come to a conclusion that the WOWS community is just far more greedy than the WOT community 

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I'm not having problems with Belfast so far... And i've been playing my Mahan quite a bit lately. 

Well, I reckon that you are very good at the game so it doesn't becomes a huge issue for you.

But for me and various other destroyers that I sail with in matches, as well as statistic. The Belfast is overpowered

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

These ships are all soft as butter to compensate for their firepower and stealth.  Just keep shooting into the smoke..................

As destroyers? Especially the US ones with huge detection range ? Nah mate, most of the time I'm running away from them faster than the French running away from the German

892 posts
7,853 battles

But this one does its job too well

​It still sinks easily like any other British cruiser if the team knows what to focus on. As a british cruiser player myself, that and having radar equipped ships in the opposing team are my biggest fear

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

​It still sinks easily like any other British cruiser if the team knows what to focus on. As a british cruiser player myself, that and having radar equipped ships in the opposing team are my biggest fear

And there are only 3 others. 2 of them you won't see often

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

The Belfast is one of the most frustrating ship to fight against in tier 7 matches, especially for destroyers. I have absolutely no idea who the hell at War Gaming decided to put such an overpowered ship in the game. I know that this ship is meant to counter destroyers but there is absolutely no way to kill this piece of shit as a destroyer. She just gets within about 8km range. Press a button for smoke, press another button for radar and then press another button for Hydro. After this, all she have to do is hold down Mouse 1 and decimate every destroyer within 10km. That's all you have to bloody do mate. Press 3 buttons and then you are set to kill every destroyer. Kill her with torpedoes ? Oh no, she have hydro, team up on her with destroyers? Oh no, radar. Chase her out of cap using other ships? Oh no she have smoke and then she can hold down Mouse 1 and send everyone back to port. War Gaming, what are you thinking ? Why can't you bloody think straight and balance ships properly ?

Don't believe me that she is Overpowered ?

Belfast_zpsyije2lld.png

JUST NERF HER. PERIOD. 

I don't understand why everyone whine about their premium ship getting nerfed. Look at USN players, look at how they react when the Arizona sigma value was nerfed. No one complained. SO HOW ABOUT YOU GET OVER YOURSELF AND LET THE SHIP GET REBALANCED 

The belfast has it's weaknesses.. Play to a DD's strengths and you can beat it. Firstly, get out of his radar range when he comes to your cap.

Now you can do two things. Torp the belfast's smoke once his radar is no more or find another cap. If there is a CV on ur team, try to get him to drop on the belfast. Get BBs and CAs to fire at him once he is out of the smoke.

Instead, if you find another cap, you render his DD fighting consumables useless. The belfast is not as fast as a DD. Go to a cap where he is not. Relocate if he is in your cap.

Now, I will not say your OP is untrue. Yes, the belfast is really strong for her tier and in good hands is OP. But, it is unlikely that WG will nerf her. So, try to counter her instead.

Well they gonna have too, the Belfast is like the Type 59 when it came out. The WOT community was absolutely fine with War Gaming nerfing it.

On our side, every time that a prem ship is under the risk of getting nerfed every players who bought the ship started whining like an 8 years old getting his/her candy taken away. Because of this, I've come to a conclusion that the WOWS community is just far more greedy than the WOT community 

The Type 59 was extremely OP when it was released. It could defeat every tank it faced(it also had the benefit of prem MM), with weaknesses very hard to exploit. On the other hand, the Belfast melts to BBs and CAs(even competent CVs can kill a belfast easily).

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

"Community" you referring to is just small portion of players anyways WG wont risk nerf it and dealing with refund and gold exchange like Super Pershing :D:D:D

at best you can only hope for WG to remove it from shop like they did with Nikolai and Gremyashchy, dont forget that we still have OP Saipan, OP Paytago, OP Kutozov and others premium that peoples complain about how OP they are.

If Belfast get nerf others should get the same thing. 

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Oh and a quick addition, they don't nerf prem ships as there are legal consequences. They could refund the ship to every person who bought it but it's bad for their business
Edited by karrablaster123

12 posts
5,668 battles

atago is much more overpowered with magic amour and under water small citadel. Belfast's citadel is big and easily to be destroyed when the team focus on her.

But the KEY problem is not the ship. This game have no ammo limit, so fast reload ship can just wash enemy's deck with even no cost and requires less skill. WG should think about the problem and make some changes on how the conflagration cause the damage. Maybe damage by second is better than by percent as today?

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

atago is much more overpowered with magic amour and under water small citadel. Belfast's citadel is big and easily to be destroyed when the team focus on her.

But the KEY problem is not the ship. This game have no ammo limit, so fast reload ship can just wash enemy's deck with even no cost and requires less skill. WG should think about the problem and make some changes on how the conflagration cause the damage. Maybe damage by second is better than by percent as today?

I thought we pay for ammo?

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Mate, Atago armour is nothing magical. I have one :trollface:.

And my North Carolina punishes Atago pretty well

119 posts
2,071 battles

1372455227796813201.jpg

As a brit, this springs to mind... 

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

she cost real money, stop complain :trollface:

That is a flawed argument.... You should buy ships because they make xp, creds. Not because they are better than their peers

Note: You might have meant that as a joke... Sorry if I misunderstood that post

119 posts
2,071 battles

That is a flawed argument.... You should buy ships because they make xp, creds. Not because they are better than their peers

You must be new to WG. 

Welcome. 

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

You must be new to WG. 

Welcome. 

Then explain the krispy kreme, Tog2, Super Pershing and a whole lot of shit ships and tanks.

Yes, some are better than their peers but not OP in comparison