You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ByebyeCage

How about multi player operate a Ship!

35 comments in this topic

18 posts
1,726 battles

Hi this is first time to post here.

Don't you feel it's bit hard to operate a ship by yourself?

Of cause if you got to used to doing it you may don't get stranding, and can see whole battle.

But I believe It's a great idea to have multi player operate a ship

somebody does gunner,steersman,captain or other ...

does it can be more fun in this game? I'm sure would be.

I think it is not easy to realize this.may have lag problem too.I don't know what will happen other :(

what is your opinion?I hope somebody have a replies :)

Edited by ByebyeCage

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Hi this is first time to post here.

Don't you feel it's bit hard to operate a ship by yourself?

Of cause if you got to used to doing it you may don't get stranding, and can see whole battle.

But I believe It's a great idea to have multi player operate a ship

somebody does gunner,steersman,captain or other ...

does it can be more fun in this game? I'm sure would be.

I think it is not easy to realize this.may have lag problem too.I don't know what will happen other :(

what is your opinion?I hope somebody have a replies :)

:facepalm:

actually i want to control more than 1 ship if i can

Super Tester
1,677 posts

... why?

Also, its going to be very VERY hard coordinating your ship as some are... independent thinkers. 

One captain controlling the ship is enough.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,466 battles

As the ship's nurse, when I'm not taking care of all the salty seamen I'll be Steven Seagal in the galley, cooking all the food. You can count on me, comrades!

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Find three friends, hand the keyboard to one friend, the mouse to another and the headphones to the last. Now you look at the screen and instruct. It's terribly difficult to coordinate.

That being said, this can be done if whoever operates the individual parts of the ship gives full trust in your leadership, much like how a real warship is commanded. Not impossible, just very difficult.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

As the ship's nurse, when I'm not taking care of all the salty seamen I'll be Steven Seagal in the galley, cooking all the food. You can count on me, comrades!

But who's going to bust out of the cake?

440 posts
3,379 battles

Wouldn't that make WoWs be like a certain-ww1-game's battleships?

and I have a feeling that game's fans will go "hurr durrr you stole our game's ship gameplay"

341 posts
4,020 battles

In an online physics sandbox game I still play, I tried to actually make a functioning warship with just the driving and weaponry functions controlled by a coordinated group of my friends, just as "interesting" information.

I'll just say it went terribly. When the steering and speed control could barely keep up for proper manuvering we merged the positions. Even then, the guy controlling the forward battery couldn't keep up with the guy controlling the aft battery. When we merged those they couldn't keep up with the guy driving the ship. Eventually the server got lag and the ship shot and blew up itself. Good times.

...as everyone else said, bad idea.