Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MottoFukaku

Can we reward DDs who use smoke for BBs?

54 comments in this topic

18 posts
11,943 battles

I don't know how much a DD benefits when it uses its smoke to cover BBs in front so they can deal damage without receiving much in return.

I just a had a won game with my Izumo. 72k Damage, first blood and 1.4k base experience. While the Fletcher who smoked for me only got 870.

Can we reward DDs more who do this kind of act? I did not even asked him to smoke for me he just went in front of me and pop smoke.

Personal Score.jpg

Team Score.jpg

DR1.jpg

DR2.jpg

119 posts
2,076 battles

Can we reward DDs more who do this kind of act? I did not even asked him to smoke for me he just went in front of me and pop smoke.

If you can find an intelligent and practical way to do this, other than karma, then yes we probably can.

However, since that would make it so easy to abuse the smoke mechanics, I doubt it will ever happen. 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

When you met a DD who play as a team and supporting BB like that do this:

Add His IGN and send him / her a thanks you message. never underestimate the power of a simple thanks 

you also might get a good division mate for future match :D

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I heard WG consider making it impossible for BB and CA unable to stealth fire in smoke.

So i guess that WG wont make DD receive any EXP by smoke friendly since it will encourage more smoke meta. 

149 posts

I do it with my udaloi.I dont sit in smoke.So i smoke up for the nearest crusier or battleship buddy and spot for them.They respond by killing the nearest dd.After all big things have small beginnings.

112 posts
5,463 battles

It's an interesting question but a point I don't believe would be practical to 'reward' in terms of xp or credits. DDs would smoke bb in not great situations, bb would 'expect' smoke (even when not practical etc).

The reward for a well timed smoke on a BB (or ca/l) that needs it should be reflected in a win in the end really.

359 posts
2,819 battles

Isn't that "Damage upon your spotting"?

If you smoke a friendly, he won't see the enemy. If you stay in front of smoke you will be the spotter and I believe this is already rewarded.

YOU have to be the one doing the spot though.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Isn't that "Damage upon your spotting"?

If you smoke a friendly, he won't see the enemy. If you stay in front of smoke you will be the spotter and I believe this is already rewarded.

YOU have to be the one doing the spot though.

I feel that spotting reward kinda not enough.

I did tons of spotting and still end up on the bottom while others dealing damage and get all the exp,

Well as long as i win i guess thats fine :D:D:D 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I did tons of spotting and still end up on the bottom while others dealing damage and get all the exp,

:hmm: when i see melon below me in the exp list? i think it a very very rare sight.. :P

but yeah melon. thank you so much for all your support and smoke all this tie.

you save me countless of time

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,507 battles

I don't think we need extra reward for smoking friendlies.

Its a thing we SHOULD do when necessary.

I even do it on my Flint.

450 posts
7,896 battles

that's a must. 

It take a DD captain to care about his team, who keep an eye on teammates and fast reaction to carry this action of bravery. 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

if you want a victory, so just do anything to protect your allies

And cap and kill enemy DD and spot and torpedoes BB and burn cruiser and DFAA for ur team and reset cap and dont die.

Mess up 1 thing = Noob DD + 28 report instantly :D:D:D

sad dd life 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

And cap and kill enemy DD and spot and torpedoes BB and burn cruiser and DFAA for ur team and reset cap and dont die.

Mess up 1 thing = Noob DD + 28 report instantly :D:D:D

sad dd life 

your smoke should not enter cooldown also. it need to be ready all the time

[-SZY-]
211 posts

I object this idea

Last time when we asked for reward on spotting they nerfed objective points heavily (muh 6 solo cap :()

If they are going to reward smoking for allies, they will nerf the reward for DD even more

Super Tester
1,310 posts

u want to reward those DDs?

• give karma
  • type something to show ur gratitude
  • or even a "lazy" F4 is enough to make us happy

tough the most important thing is :

we smoke for u. we spot for u. soooo, do ur job properly. so we can have a good mutual simbiolism

Edited by ReNation

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

you are protecting you bb from taking hits and receiving damage.

thus he can focus on attacking and dealing damage on enemy ship.

which increases your team chances of winning.

you might even receive some good karma point if they praise you.

as a dd who always on front, i uses my smoke whenever my allies are receiving too many enemy fire for them to handle.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Simple: 

Add a new reward mechanic: Allies concealed

Rewards players with credits if allies is concealed in or within 200 meters radius of smokescreen. Allies must be hidden for more than 10 seconds

Rewards differ for different tier. E.g tier 3 get 3500 and tier 8 get 10000.

Rewards may increase in rank battle. (To encourage team play)

If concealed more than 8 allies players receive Fog of War ribbon/ badge (Like confederate)

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

If concealed more than 8 allies players AT ONCE receive Fog of War ribbon/ badge (Like confederate)

i would love to be on the enemy side. 

send torps and get 2x Double strike

Edited by XP_On

124 posts

As I were spearheading multiple pushes in my cruiser as my flank's BBs slowly and happily chugging along, I tanked too much for the last push. A friendly DD pulled over by my side and smoked me. I gave a rare F4 and equally rare "Plays well" for that DD.

I guess one point to consider is that maaaaaaybe the ships smoke covered and screened/scouted by the DD could not land any good hits therefore spotting damage is severely lacking? Also CV on your team.

Detailed report from my Nicholas where I smoked for a couple of BBs, a CL and a CV (which is probably why my spotting damage isn't as high as it could have) in Strait map:

post-2008398230-0-19249800-1480332899.jp

Sign in to follow this