aaronboon

Mutsuki........ why is it so much worser than the minekaze in its tier

15 comments in this topic

7 posts
319 battles

So with the ARP Takao challenge running i thought i could grind my tier 5 minekaze and get a mutsuki try to complete it. However the mutsuki is god awful for a tier 6 destroyer.

It is so bad that i would rather take my minekaze to go up against tier 6 or 7.

So here i am asking u kind folks what should i do? Should i stick with it hoping that the new IJN DD rebalance would solve this issue P.S it bloody hell won't

Or should i just give up on the ARP Takao?

359 posts
2,819 battles

The new tier 6 ijn dd will be Fubuki.  New Fubuki will use 3*3 Torp. Is that enough of upgrade?

Even you upgrade to Mutsuki today, you won't play her for long.

For the actual compared stats. Thanks to LWM

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/104445-stat-comparison-between-new-ijn-dds-tiers-6-through-9/page__p__2563085#entry2563085

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

7 posts
319 battles

If it is the tier 6 instead of the mutsuki, yes however i have already got the mutsuki so im kinda lost as to whether or wargaming will give those that got the mutsuki recently any sort of compensation.

359 posts
2,819 battles

If it is the tier 6 instead of the mutsuki, yes however i have already got the mutsuki so im kinda lost as to whether or wargaming will give those that got the mutsuki recently any sort of compensation.

Oh. glad you ask.

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/67220-15-patch-and-another-ijn-dds-thread/page__pid__1449730#entry1449730

Well, this question seems to pop up a lot and it saddens me to see that people do not recall previous shifts in the tech tree (after all, with this update Kagero will just return to her rightful place on tier VIII, where she was in the beginning... And Fubuki gets to HER rightful place as first "Special Type" destroyer and cause of panic in other navies)...

So while the full compensation scheme is generally a nice wall of text, it all boils down to:

• You keep the tier – and get some goodies on top depending on what you already have. 
  • If you have a ship that is being moved in your port, you get both the ship in her new tier and her replacement.
  • All upgrades, camouflages etc. will be removed for free and put into storage.
  • If you have a permanent camouflage on that ship, you will get permanent camouflages both for the ship in her new tier and for her replacement.
  • Example: You have Hatsuharu (VII) with permanent camo. After patch, you will have Hatsuharu (VI) and Akatsuki (VII), both with respective permanent camo.

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

Cant wait for the IJN DD rebalance,I gave up and sold the mutsucki 2-3 times already.The only reason why Im bothering to rebuy the Mutsucki again recently is because of the upcoming changes.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Oh wow thats actually a very nice move by War Gaming, whelp my day is made less shittier thanks to this piece of news. 

It's how it used to be in WoT, but then WG changed it, officially because it benefitted people with lots of tanks too much.

So here i am asking u kind folks what should i do? Should i stick with it hoping that the new IJN DD rebalance would solve this issue P.S it bloody hell won't

Or should i just give up on the ARP Takao?

Or understand how Mutsuki works.

Torpedoes to damage players with zero situational awareness, make those that have it turn into unfavourable positions,

or to contest cap.

Contest cap with her great concealment, spot enemies, but don't shoot unless necessary and learn how to utilize her great gun placement

when having to shoot.

Just fyi, Mutsuki can keep 3/4 guns on her targets almost all the time, whch

gives her the ability to sail towards/away from enemies while fighting, greatly increasing her ability to dodge.

7 posts
319 battles

It's how it used to be in WoT, but then WG changed it, officially because it benefitted people with lots of tanks too much.

Or understand how Mutsuki works.

Torpedoes to damage players with zero situational awareness, make those that have it turn into unfavourable positions,

or to contest cap.

Contest cap with her great concealment, spot enemies, but don't shoot unless necessary and learn how to utilize her great gun placement

when having to shoot.

Just fyi, Mutsuki can keep 3/4 guns on her targets almost all the time, whch

gives her the ability to sail towards/away from enemies while fighting, greatly increasing her ability to dodge.

Thanks for the advice, whilst my main problem stems from a lack of patience and a tendency to make careless mistakes and thus making my already salty attitude even worse :P

View PostMingfang47, on 24 November 2016 - 11:38 PM, said:

Checked your battle records, and yes. Stock Mutsuki is really bad.

Capture.PNG

Well, my old account was in the NA server so i had to regrind all my ships when i bought a new computer and couldnt get into the NA server but yea ur point still stands :P

Edited by aaronboon

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

With mutsuki, you gotta play concealment to your advantage. You spot for your team, get close to unaware enemies, drop torpedoes and get out. 6km detection with 10km torpedoes is very powerful. Your guns are a last resort, and are also used as a last resort. Never get in a a gunfight with USN RU DDs, because you will be bringing a fist to a gunfight and will die quickly. Very quickly. However, once you've mastered torpedo while in concealment the tiers above are a piece of cake.

450 posts
7,896 battles

Hey, Mutsuki is way better now. Before the update, she is totally crap. By lowering her to T5, she is now actually playable. Only two salvos of trops can kill any ships.