Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xalt

Please do not Nerf IJN Torpedo Boats at T9 and T8

24 comments in this topic

[KMMHS]
37 posts
5,468 battles

The current high tier IJN DDs, the Fubuki, and especially the Kagerou, are already pretty bad in the current meta. They do not need more nerfs. As evidence, here is the terrible winrate that they've got for the past week from asia.warships.today. Kagerou is the worst ship tier-for-tier in the entire line.

Capture.jpg

It is also worth noting that they are worse than their tier equivalents, the Benson and Fletcher/Udaloi in almost every way.

Capture2.jpg

Please be merciful.

Capture2.jpg

Capture.jpg

Edited by xalt

403 posts
8,188 battles

Too late. The stats have already been confirmed by this man:

Plus official announcements. It would take every supertester on the test server to cry out in protest for WG to consider reworking the line at this point

1,126 posts

sorry, they don't listen.

WG are 'personally' hate high tier IJNDD

they 'purposely' and 'intentionally' made them literally under power...

let just see that if this so called 're-balance' thing gonna made IJNDD any better in overall stat of whole server.

or just another 'meal' for CA and other nation DD =w=

Edited by PGM991

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Too late. The stats have already been confirmed by this man:

Plus official announcements. It would take every supertester on the test server to cry out in protest for WG to consider reworking the line at this point

FYI

we are not counsel, just a tester

we report the ship impression, reports, and bugs that might happen, but nothing else

Edited by Harpoon01

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,884 battles

They nerfed it, but they gained another ability. Although to be honest Shiratsuyu sounds completely broken for tier 7, whose idea it is to give her separate slot TRB?

Another IJN DD that I have rather high disappointment is Kagerou, after downgrade she wouldn't have the F3 anymore and since 15 km torpedoes will be gone, she stuck with that current Fubuki top torps.

Also another one would be Akatsuki which for whatever reason does not get her 127mm DP mount which improve her turret traverse a bit and give her slightly more AA

Super Tester
419 posts
4,223 battles

The current high tier IJN DDs, the Fubuki, and especially the Kagerou, are already pretty bad in the current meta. They do not need more nerfs. As evidence, here is the terrible winrate that they've got for the past week from asia.warships.today. Kagerou is the worst ship tier-for-tier in the entire line.

Capture.jpg

It is also worth noting that they are worse than their tier equivalents, the Benson and Fletcher/Udaloi in almost every way.

Capture2.jpg

Please be merciful.

Too late, now the IJN DD captain will know how it feel playing USN CV

[KMMHS]
37 posts
5,468 battles

I don't think there are any real "nerf" except the Minekaze and Isokaze.

Kagero was bad, now it's still bad.

Fubuki was good, now it's OP (cuz 9x 10km torps at tier6 is fine, WG thinks).

I think WG buffed the wrong ship.

Fixed: Kagerou was bad, now it's worse.

They nerfed it, but they gained another ability. Although to be honest Shiratsuyu sounds completely broken for tier 7, whose idea it is to give her separate slot TRB?

Another IJN DD that I have rather high disappointment is Kagerou, after downgrade she wouldn't have the F3 anymore and since 15 km torpedoes will be gone, she stuck with that current Fubuki top torps.

Also another one would be Akatsuki which for whatever reason does not get her 127mm DP mount which improve her turret traverse a bit and give her slightly more AA

Are you are misunderstanding the nerfs? The T8 and T9 do not gain any new ability. It's only the gunboat line that gets the new torpedo reload booster.

It's not just that 15km torpedoes are gone. The new T8 will have much worse torpedo reload, less torpedoes, few launchers(worse granular control), worse HE, worse range, all for just 0.2km better concealment. 8 Torpedoes isn't even good enough to sink a T10BB even if you get right up to his grill and punch in the torpedoes at point blank range.

Then there's the new T9. God it is so underpowered. You are literally playing an XP pinata for every other ship in the game, including USN CVs, to blow up for money. The T9 will have better gun range and reload, yes, but it will also get much worse HE, meaning nett gun DPM actually DECREASES. It will get slightly better speed(a 0.5 knot increase, which is quite negligible) But it pays for those tiny increases dearly. It will lose its torp reload booster, it will have 0.2//0.1km worse concealment, rudder shift becomes one third more sluggish, it will lose the 20km torpedoes(the only thing it does better than the Fletcher and Udaloi). And we are already talking about the weakest ship in the entire line! WG is basically asking IJN T9 DD players to volunteer for kaiten torpedo duty at 8km range.

It's as if WG hasn't learnt its lesson from the fate of light tanks in WoT. It is not fun to be a suicide unit.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Why. I thought kagero is going down to t8 and with improved guns. With all these cries about how they suck, I'm actually now more interested in the torpedo boat line of IJN than the gunboats.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Wait until you play USN CV :trollface:

saipan disagree.

>load AS

>hunt dd using 7 stack dive bomber

>auto drop spotted dd

>rinse and repeat

>???

>profit

as bonus you can shot down unlimited IJN planes with those tier 9 fighter. specially with air superiority skill.

Video Contributor
2,266 posts
10,789 battles

saipan disagree.

>load AS

>auto drop spotted dd

>rinse and repeat

>???

>profit

as bonus you can shot down unlimited IJN planes with those tier 9 fighter. specially with air superiority skill.

and "detonation" "devastating strike" "first blood"

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

saipan disagree.

>load AS

>auto drop spotted dd

>rinse and repeat

>???

>profit

Now play every other USN CV :red_button:
Edited by silenthunter19944

403 posts
8,188 battles

All of IJN dds have powerful torpedo right?

Powerful, yes. But reliable, no.

The detection range on IJN torps is so bad in comparison to USN and Royal Navy torps that only the only time a skilled player will be hit by one is if he made a horrible mistake. I have seen Iowas that were stationary be able to dode broadside torps just by speeding up.

Kagero in this state without access to the torp reload mod would be a worse torpedoboat than Benson.

IMO giving it access to the F3 torps at tier 8 would be nice.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,884 battles

Are you are misunderstanding the nerfs? The T8 and T9 do not gain any new ability. It's only the gunboat line that gets the new torpedo reload booster.

No I think you misunderstood my comment, the abilites I refered to is the overall ship gameplay, not the TRB.

Also Yuugumo is not effective kaiten ship, there's a way to make it ridiculously powerful but it has nothing with torpedoes which in my opinion is extremely weird gameplay shift and whatever the guy who have this idea smoking I want some of it.

[KMMHS]
37 posts
5,468 battles

I've seen some more reviews of the new T9, and I am glad to say I was wrong in a lot of regards. Net DPM and fires is actually increased, significantly increased in fact. While HE damage and fire chance is down, it's more than compensated by a very big buff to reload speed and the fact that the ship keeps its 3 turrets unlike the current Kagerou. Also, it still gets torpedo booster as an option. I also did not mention that there's a slight buff to HP, and slight buff to AA, slight buff to turret rotation and slight buff to top speed. I am not ready to say it's a nett buff, because of the significant rudder shift nerf and slight concealment nerf, but things will certainly become more interesting.

403 posts
8,188 battles

Fusos and new mex seeing fastest torpedo in the game is a good idea? Think!

Unfortunately that is the result of +2 MM. Think Nicholas VS Atlanta with radar.

Sign in to follow this