You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

so... new split line of IJN is pass testing period...?

28 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

if tester like him allow to talk about it ship by ship like this... so it's confirm on stat now...?

***ignore ship name, just as he said***

well... I want torpedo reload booster on shimakaze :D 

30 torp at once. ohhh that ought to be fun.. too bad, it's exclusive for new ship in split line T_T

Edited by PGM991

381 posts
9,957 battles

iirc dev said the IJN DD line already passed the testing phase in a reddit Q&A about 2 weeks ago. Not sure why the NDA wasn't lifted back then but now it's pretty confirmed that the line will be released in the next patch and there would be no further change.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

iirc dev said the IJN DD line already passed the testing phase in a reddit Q&A about 2 weeks ago. Not sure why the NDA wasn't lifted back then but now it's pretty confirmed that the line will be released in the next patch and there would be no further change.

The testing finished a few days ago, not weeks!

NDA was lifted last night, hence the videos 

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

The testing finished a few days ago, not weeks!

NDA was lifted last night, hence the videos 

Just to clarify to everyone, it's CC NDA (which Flamu is under), not ST NDA (which never lifts).

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Another line of slow boats !!! no match for Shima-tan speed !!! 

Especially that slow Duckizuki with only 4 Torpedoes !!! Shima-tan heff 15 !!! 

100mm so small no match for 127mm Rensohou-chan !!! 

I will grind once so Duckizuki can just sit and rot in port watching Shima-tan sorties :D:D:D 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Another line of slow boats !!! no match for Shima-tan speed !!! 

Especially that slow Duckizuki with only 4 Torpedoes !!! Shima-tan heff 15 !!! 

100mm so small no match for 127mm Rensohou-chan !!! 

I will grind once so Duckizuki can just sit and rot in port watching Shima-tan sorties :D:D:D 

you would have to actually sortie Shimaseal, rather than your trashcan

1,126 posts

I see that no IJNDD torp is longer than 10km despite is torpedo boat now...

make sure that every other ship in game don't have torpedo range longer than that to be fair.

or else, this so called 'revamp' is nothing more than mega nerf of IJNDD 'signature' weapon

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I see that no IJNDD torp is longer than 10km despite is torpedo boat now...

make sure that every other ship in game don't have torpedo range longer than that to be fair.

or else, this so called 'revamp' is nothing more than mega nerf of IJNDD 'signature' weapon

its because of IJN dd habit just spamming their torpedo beyond 10km and crossing their fingers that their torpedo will hit something, they don't care if its enemy or allies.

i played back in CBT and i rarely see shimakaze at the back of the fleet and spamming torpedo, back those days most dd rush in the front (even kagerou) because its easier to hit targets when it was used against target below 8km.

still IJN torpedo was over nerft, they can be spotted beyond 2km and can easily avoided.

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

if tester like him allow to talk about it ship by ship like this... so it's confirm on stat now...?

***ignore ship name, just as he said***

well... I want torpedo reload booster on shimakaze :D 

30 torp at once. ohhh that ought to be fun.. too bad, it's exclusive for new ship in split line T_T

I can say about the new IJN DD revamp:

-As a fan of the Yugumo class destroyers, I'm very excited to play her. Luckily, I researched the Kagero but never bought it. The Japanese version of the Fletcher  minus the turret rotation. Her stats are so OP with the right commander skills. I'll expect some players to complain about Yugumo.

-That's good that Fubuki retains her specialty even when downgraded to Tier 6. Probably I'll retain her or buy her sister Premium ship.

-The new split line has torpedo reloader consumable, and it's very WOW.

-Akizuki hype is real, pewpewpewpew incoming, her AA, fitting her reputation as an air defense destroyer. Overall, this ship is way better than Atlanta/Flint which can  be citadeled.

I'm excited that these destroyers will come soon. That's all.

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

yeah, and they only have 4 torpedoes, so not really wow

Akizuki only, the rest has more torpedo launchers.

1,126 posts

WG good thinking : encourage IJNDD player to play more aggressive by nerf long range torp but give a great speed torp (F3) in return

WG bad thinking : discourage IJNDD player to play aggressive by implement 'RADAR' and kill every single IJNDD dare to get close...

Beta Tester
911 posts

I have been playing the shimakaze primarily using F3s. Its hella fun. High risk High reward play. I like it so much that I bought perm camo for the shima.

Looking at the notes. I'll buy the kagero and hatsuharu tonight. Since you will get compensated for them for moving.

This will get you an akizuki and yugumo in there slots. But you also keep the kegaro and hatsuharu. Which makes you start on tier 6 in the split line.

Edited by SlamUez

119 posts
2,099 battles

Don't know why but people still love Shimakaze's 20 km wall of skillz. 

Who needs talent when you can fire a wide spread torp wall and then go make a coffee?