Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
THUNDERCOMMANDER4

can this matchmaking crap stop

19 comments in this topic

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

about 2-3 pacths ago they said they would make it even when it came to ship nation and ship class 2 dds each side 4 cruiser 3 batleships so on and so forth but all i have seen is un even match making enemy or my side have 1-2 less dds extra battleships so please why does this keep happening and why wasent it fixed long ago

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

this is not how you properly complain

you need to proof of your complain

because you don't read the patch note properly?

The different in DD and BB number now is only 1

while Cruiser is 2

so it is possible for a team to have

3 BB 5 CA 4 DD vs 2 BB 7 CA 3 DD

CAN THIS RANTING CRAP STOP?

345 posts
3,628 battles

Yeah MM is broken. Enemy has more tier IX and are all fletchers. What do they expect me to do?

7QgBiN0.jpg

Edited by Loshirai14

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

why wasent it fixed long ago

obviously, it wasn't.

Yeah MM is broken. Enemy has more tier IX and are all fletchers. What do they expect me to do?

-pic-

blame the MM formula being a total drunkard when divs are involved
Edited by Deicide

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Uninstall :red_button:

No, seriously MM do need to take account on divisions and their ships composition and balance out the other team.

Either by making them wait for another 3 man division of the same tier, or wait for players queuing the same ships, or give them direct counters.

MM would never be balanced with how current division works.

[HMAS]
56 posts
2,198 battles

I'd echo that WG needs to implement fixes to the matchmaking with divisions especially on Asia server.

Honestly. With the low population count of both NA and Asia, WG should consider implementation of a different formulae for MM for us

29 posts
8,309 battles

Next thing people will be asking for all one tier and all the same ships,  No upgrades etc.  To make it is all "even and fair"

And penalise the better players because they are too good.  Unfair advantage

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

3 BB 5 CA 4 DD vs 2 BB 7 CA 3 DD

True.... 

Rock vs Paper vs Scissors

If the ur team have 4 BB (1 Extra). Enemy team will have 1 extra DD. 

Or any.. Depends on the food chain

BB>DD

DD>CA

CA>BB

All > (Can die to CV)

Edited by Safiuddin97

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Rock vs Paper vs Scissors

If the ur team have 4 BB (1 Extra). Enemy team will have 1 extra DD. 

BB>DD

DD>CA

CA>BB

All > (Can die to CV)

basically, CA is not enough worthy to be cared about since non of them will make huge different (except radar ship in Ranked)

345 posts
3,628 battles

Then you should stop playing the IJN DDs...

Why would i stop? The upcoming tier IX IJN DD will now be able to do something against those fletchers.

435 posts
6,169 battles

MM pretty reasonable of late, some division match ups are astray but on average “balanced”.  The games that seem out of whack are balance out over time, in 100s of games, 50% will be in your favour and in those, no one complains then!

Loshirai14, in the Fubuki you should have the lowest concealment of all, so you would have a massive advantaged over the Fletchers and with a extra cruiser, that game should have been a win.

Play to your strengths not your weakness. In this case strength = shadowing Fletchers while cruisers pop them off.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

345 posts
3,628 battles

MM pretty reasonable of late, some division match ups are astray but on average “balanced”.  The games that seem out of whack are balance out over time, in 100s of games, 50% will be in your favour and in those, no one complains then!

Loshirai14, in the Fubuki you should have the lowest concealment of all, so you would have a massive advantaged over the Fletchers and with a extra cruiser, that game should have been a win.

Play to your strengths not your weakness. In this case strength = shadowing Fletchers while cruisers pop them off.

That's true if i have CE on Fubuki, but i don't. Most fletcher players already have it and i only have a very small time to react the moment i detect them. They will be able to shoot some salvos on me before i'll be able to escape.
Edited by Loshirai14

40 posts
2,588 battles

Loshirai14, in the Fubuki you should have the lowest concealment of all, so you would have a massive advantaged over the Fletchers and with a extra cruiser, that game would have been a win for me.

I have been shadowed successfully when I was in a Mahan, but Benson onwards is a jump in USN DD stealth capability, likely to be going the wrong way at the point of initial detect in a Japanese DD to avoid being revealed before the Japanese DD changes course, and detection is going to be followed by rapid salvos of democracy, regardless of what the supporting cruisers do.  Haven't looked closely at the fletcher but I imagine since its such a successful DD, that its more of the same.

As far as the match maker is concerned, its fine, by always shuffling the tiers, starting locations and ship balance ensures that the games don't play out the same way, at least until you get a lot of tier 10 in a match, and its also possible to see what ways your ship is an upgrade, because usually your new ship will beat the previous tier ship head-to-head in a 1v1.  ie I learned a fair bit about the Colorado from shooting a couple of New Mexicos.

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

I'd echo that WG needs to implement fixes to the matchmaking with divisions especially on Asia server.

Honestly. With the low population count of both NA and Asia, WG should consider implementation of a different formulae for MM for us

Agreed. This is the main problem and not with the MM in general. Division MM needs a rethink especially with American DD's due to their rate of fire. 

Also, having 5 DD's per side completely changes the gameplay and should be restricted to a max of 3. 

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

Why would i stop? The upcoming tier IX IJN DD will now be able to do something against those fletchers.

From the stats posted which might change later, other than the Akizuki, the remaining IJN DD's still can't match American or Russian DD's in terms of firepower. They also seem to be much slower and are loosing out on concealment, so still a win-win for American and Russian DD's unless the stats change before they are released.

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

i would provide proof but my stupid print screen buttuon dosent work for some reason and i have had high tier games with 3 shimas and 2 gearing on enemy team whiles as our side gets udalui and 2 kageros and 1 benson all not in divsion down in the lower tiers its good but higher tier is just crap escpecily when yamato is involved not bashing yamato just really hate when mm goes to hell and give my team under tiered as well as undergunned although with the nerf to ijn dds is a welcome sight and a step in the right direction 

Edited by THUNDERCOMMANDER4

Sign in to follow this