Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sammuell

USN battlecrusier line and IJN planned BB line

19 comments in this topic

450 posts
7,896 battles

I wish the game can come with two new trees for the USB and the IJN, since they are the oldest trees in the game. Maybe two new trees can bring a spark to the game. 

It does not need to be much since USN only had two classes of battlecrusiers in real life (Lexington class and Alaska class). They can be tier 7 & 8. The IJN planned BB line cam also have two BBs which are at the top of the tree, such as the Kii and kai-yamato at tier 9 and 10. 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

IJN's got enough battleship plans to make up an entire second line. Tosa could probably sit really well in T8, replacing and freeing up Amagi for a battlecruiser line. Then throw on the B-65, Kii-class and No. 13 to pad out the rest of the line, B-65 at the lower tiers, Kii at t9, No. 13 at t10.

Shame all the Maru-5 and Maru-6 designs are lost, really. Could've been a wealth of information on IJN ship plans.

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,182 battles

For what it's worth, and not very much considering the battlecruiser term meant a whole lot less in the lead up to WW2 then it did pre and during WW1, the Alaska is NOT a battlecruiser.

It's an enlarged cruiser. It's the result of what happens when a navy, freed from the artificial limitations of the Washington Treaties, creates a cruiser of immense size.

Tee

*this old horse gets trotted out on every armchair naval enthusiast forum regularly. I cannot count how many times I've seen the "Alaska is a BC" topic come up

353 posts
5,015 battles

in other words it can either be forcefully classed as a tier xi cruiser or tier vi battleship based on game mechanics?

119 posts
2,076 battles

I thought that battlecruisers were ruled out?

Either way, they have the brits, the french and the Italians to do first.

Then perhaps some Stalin shell firing Russians...

I would take a seat.

Your turn will come. SOON™

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Shame all the Maru-5 and Maru-6 designs are lost, really. Could've been a wealth of information on IJN ship plans.

you underestimate the WG imaginary Designer

look at those Sumo Tank

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Those with Maru is not proper battleship.

its Surface merchant raider - which more like Deuthland class

it supposed to be armed with 2x2 14inch gun  (same like kongo) and single aircraft scout.

there some obscure manga, where the author re-imagine what she looks like

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Those with Maru is not proper battleship.

its Surface merchant raider - which more like Deuthland class

it supposed to be armed with 2x2 14inch gun  (same like kongo) and single aircraft scout.

there some obscure manga, where the author re-imagine what she looks like

The Maru-5 and Maru-6 plans are not referring the X-maru ships. They're basically the overall expansion plans for the IJN forces dating from the Maru-1 plans in 1930, containing designs for individual ships classes to fulfill the IJN's perceived needs. For example, the Yamato-class was part of the Maru-4 plan, and Zaou is one of the Maru-6 ships.

The problem is that at the end of the war, the IJN destroyed pretty much all of the documentation for this, so the only remaining sources are private, secondary ones.

450 posts
7,896 battles

more premium will come.... more..and more....

when? SOON™

It will have nothing to do with me if they come in premium. I have already spent too much after buying Schanhorst. 

450 posts
7,896 battles

For what it's worth, and not very much considering the battlecruiser term meant a whole lot less in the lead up to WW2 then it did pre and during WW1, the Alaska is NOT a battlecruiser.

Oh, Wiki put Alaska under the US battlecrusier.  

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

The Maru-5 and Maru-6 plans are not referring the X-maru ships. They're basically the overall expansion plans for the IJN forces dating from the Maru-1 plans in 1930, containing designs for individual ships classes to fulfill the IJN's perceived needs. For example, the Yamato-class was part of the Maru-4 plan, and Zaou is one of the Maru-6 ships.

The problem is that at the end of the war, the IJN destroyed pretty much all of the documentation for this, so the only remaining sources are private, secondary ones.

oh, I thought maru u refer was that Unbuild - Deutchland Class like surface raider.

which was "fun-size battleship"

Edited by humusz

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

you underestimate the WG imaginary Designer

look at those Sumo Tank

Don't forget in game Großer Kurfürst.

That thing is a monstrosity.

Sign in to follow this