Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mister_Teatime

A question about co-op mode . . . .

23 comments in this topic

146 posts
10,264 battles

I've been playing a fair bit of co-op in the past week or two - and really enjoying it as a change from pvp. The main reason is that i've reached Tier 8 in most lines (other than CVs, RN CAs and German BBs) - and I am broke and can't afford upgrades or better modules (C hulls etc.) in many ships, so I feel guilty playing stock in PVP. I can't even afford to buy Chapy and Taskent yet, and am still grinding NO, Fubuki and Mogami in stock configs. Only, Benson, Hipper and NC are fully upgraded - and I don't even like Hipper that much . . . which has been disappointing. 

Anyway, I was wondering whether anyone knew how the bots decide who they are going to target. I find sometimes they will all target me, to the point of absurdity. So two NCs will target me accurately from 18km away, despite the fact that that four cruisers are within 10 km of them, and are burning them down and lining up torps. At the same time, every other bot will be targeting me to their detriment, while they are being killed by my team mates. This seems so unfair when it happens, and I wondered whether anyone had any tips on how to avoid it. Is it that I am the first ship detected? Is it that simple?

I also note that bots can hit DDs from any distance, with incredible accuracy, much better than humans - doesn't matter how much you wiggle your tail. 

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

dont try to think to much about it..... just do your best.

and Coop is a good place to have fun and less salt . i love playing it.

Alpha Tester
392 posts

dont try to think to much about it..... just do your best.

and Coop is a good place to have fun and less salt . i love playing it.

Also a good place to cool off after school or work. :)

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

In my own opinion, the bots aim for the guy who has the "best" stats in that match.............it happens to me ALL the time, even if there is someone closer to that bot.......

:honoring:

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

Co-Op is the best mode. You rely on your own skill to have a great game, without all of the crap that you get in PVP games.

I only play Co-Op mode, and it seems to me that the bots target the closet and biggest threat to them.

[LBAS]
4,496 posts
25,680 battles

Co-Op is the best mode. You rely on your own skill to have a great game, without all of the crap that you get in PVP games.

I only play Co-Op mode, and it seems to me that the bots target the closet and biggest threat to them.

Very unique player you are

Coop best for training, practice, now is missions, Joy?

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

Not as unique as you'd think.

There are a lot of players that only play PvE.

Co-Op is not just for training or practice, it's for players who want to play the game without all the bull**** that comes from playing against other players.

And yes, It is much more enjoyable now that they have included missions and containers.

435 posts
6,169 battles

Tips - Higher Tiers - Generally.

Let your fellow bots take the lead, let them die for botland, bots will target first sighted or higher risk.

From spawning move out to the far flank so you can get onto there broadside, many citadels, also you become less of a target, that is your not centre wise or less of a risk.

Defend lead bot, just keep it alive as long as possible, the close it gets to the enemy the higher "score" of risk it gets, so it becomes the next target, not you.

Did you get the theme, "un-risk yourself".

Edited by Yul_Brynner

[LBAS]
4,496 posts
25,680 battles

Not as unique as you'd think.

There are a lot of players that only play PvE.

Co-Op is not just for training or practice, it's for players who want to play the game without all the bull**** that comes from playing against other players.

And yes, It is much more enjoyable now that they have included missions and containers.

New standard for PC Game single and multi

48 posts

I play mostly PvE due to the times that I can play.  

Mornings and midday so waiting forever to get PvP is a pain in the preverbial.

To the OP, duck behind and island or drop smoke or whatever to make them change targets then resume hostilities. 

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

From what I have seen they target Destroyers,then Cruisers,then Battleships.If you aren't playing a BB in the match,keep your head down as long as you can otherwise you will get focused,as you have already seen.I've seen then fire at me in a BB,then spot a cruiser and decide to shoot that instead,even if its further away.

If your in a DD try and keep in your concealment range and stay their while firing torps at them.

If your in a BB you can take advantage of this though as it will be longer before they start targeting you.

Beware of torps though,if you get close to a bot that is actually shooting at another target,they will still launch torps to their offside.Try and remember torp ranges so you can stay clear.

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

Hey, bot master here...

Bots will target any CV no matter how far the CV is, then the DDs, then CA and BBs.

Bots will always rush B (if you know what I mean), so just camp and farm damage.

Bots have increased accuracy when they aim for DDs and you will get murdered pretty easily.

Don't worry about caps, bots will never cap your base. They will first rush towards it, and once they get in, they will rush towards you.

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

Hey, bot master here...

Bots will target any CV no matter how far the CV is, then the DDs, then CA and BBs.

Bots will always rush B (if you know what I mean), so just camp and farm damage.

Bots have increased accuracy when they aim for DDs and you will get murdered pretty easily.

Don't worry about caps, bots will never cap your base. They will first rush towards it, and once they get in, they will rush towards you.

Thanks,wasn't sure about how they handle CVs,usually the friendly one is out of their sight long enough to no get fired at in the games I have played.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles

Hey, bot master here...

Interesting.

I've never really used Coop, but just the past couple of days have being ijndd grinding.   Capping seems a waste of time.

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

Interesting.

I've never really used Coop, but just the past couple of days have being ijndd grinding.   Capping seems a waste of time.

With the new economy,as you go higher in tiers you might want to try capping/defending caps.It will help get your profit and XP earned up.I have been hammering PvE on the NA server with T7/8 German BB,and you need to do as much as possible to get good results.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

I'm just using it to grind the RN line to 5/6.   Obviously taking longer but not as painful.

Right on both counts.

Good games yield just as many credits and xp (if you use flags)

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

i just completed all my CV missions in the great war on bots. 

I wasn't the only one, quite a CVs in the queue and twice i was the human player in my team.

Didn't go as bad as i thought i would.

Sign in to follow this