You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

have you ever feel attached to your ship? (despite she so bad)

53 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

After a Lo--------------------------ng grinding in kagero

I finally got my first tier 10 ship!!

shot-16.11.23_04.51.05-0725.jpg

just hour ago, and use free xp for most viable torpedo (2nd one)

but I don't have enough credit to buy all her upgrade.

and without upgrade, she doesn't stand a chance out in a field.

so... I was thinking abut selling kagero...

....well...

at very first time I got kagero (before the 'mega nerf'), she is very fun to play and can deal consistent damage.

but after mega nerf... she soooo bad performance to that I swear I'm gonna sell this damn ship right after I got shimakaze.

I really think that.

...but... after spend that long time with her... (you know how damn long grinding to tier 10 without any premium and 6 out of 10 match is losing)

I... kinda feel 'attached' to her now...

I mean... I know full well how bad she is ....but... we been through a lot together.

wining, losing (most are lose actually, my lone ship stat say that my win rate in kagero is 40%)

laugh out loud when make a success torpedo run and sunk enemy, scream in agony when got sunk without able to do anything.

nearly guarantee in credit bleeding when go out (to battle) with her.

HELL

when I right click to her ship and prepare to sell her for credit to upgrade shimakaze.

I can't bring myself to click 'yes' in selling confirmation and cancel it

even mutsuki or hatsuharu I sell them without any feeling like this!

what's wrong with me...

guess I have to go back to tier 5 and play my 4 kongo for credit ... =w='a

-------------------------------------------------------

in term of stat... she is potentially most stealthy ship in high tier (with CE)

so.... maybe... just maybe... she can still be fun to be with and keep grinding her (commander) for CE

and beside... keeping her may get me a new ship as well (Yugumo)

Edited by PGM991

345 posts
3,668 battles

I recently got my Takao and i feel attached to it but it feels like MM is literally putting me into the team that will surely lose. It doesn't matter if i deal 100k damage and destroy 2 ships. My team still just end up losing.

440 posts
3,380 battles

When I reached pensie, oohh boy did I just fell in love with her, love the guns for her tier, her design (don't know why). It was kinda tough for me to sell her when I reached NO, but I had to say goodbye. Takao, loving her so much, free atago for me :P

266 posts
5,142 battles

Yes, for me it's the Dmitri Donskoi. This ship is huge, looks like a truck, turns like a brick, squishy citadels, bad turret arcs, and insufficient concealment to be in the front line.

I hated this ship, to the extent that I had considered to free xp to the Moskva. But now that I'm nearing the end of my grind, I'm actually reluctant to sell her. I don't know why... it's hard to carry with this ship, and my stats in her is nothing special. I guess I just got kinda attached to this ship. :3

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,258 battles

I always had a soft spot for Furutaka (this was before the buffs). It was my first T5 cruiser, and once I understood how powerful the guns were I had a lot of fun with it, even though I wasn't very good then.

1,162 posts

Actually its the Kagero got the best stealth, iirc.

Back to the topic, its the Furutaka. I got my first over 1500exp, ram kill games. But it got mega buff. So I guess, that wont count?

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Cleveland for me... Played her since Closed Beta but even after the nerf(if it happened) I still like her. She looks beautiful with symmetrical 127mm DP Turrets and her main armament. Kept her until I was forced to sell her for monies. Will buy her back

161 posts
5,147 battles

After a Lo--------------------------ng grinding in kagero

I finally got my first tier 10 ship!!

shot-16.11.23_04.51.05-0725.jpg

just hour ago, and use free xp for most viable torpedo (2nd one)

but I don't have enough credit to buy all her upgrade.

and without upgrade, she doesn't stand a chance out in a field.

so... I was thinking abut selling kagero...

....well...

at very first time I got kagero (before the 'mega nerf'), she is very fun to play and can deal consistent damage.

but after mega nerf... she soooo bad performance to that I swear I'm gonna sell this damn ship right after I got shimakaze.

I really think that.

...but... after spend that long time with her... (you know how damn long grinding to tier 10 without any premium and 6 out of 10 match is losing)

I... kinda feel 'attached' to her now...

I mean... I know full well how bad she is ....but... we been through a lot together.

wining, losing (most are lose actually, my lone ship stat say that my win rate in kagero is 40%)

laugh out loud when make a success torpedo run and sunk enemy, scream in agony when got sunk without able to do anything.

nearly guarantee in credit bleeding when go out (to battle) with her.

HELL

when I right click to her ship and prepare to sell her for credit to upgrade shimakaze.

I can't bring myself to click 'yes' in selling confirmation and cancel it

even mutsuki or hatsuharu I sell them without any feeling like this!

what's wrong with me...

guess I have to go back to tier 5 and play my 4 kongo for credit ... =w='a

-------------------------------------------------------

so.... maybe... just maybe... she can still be fun to be with and keep grinding her (commander) for CE

and beside... keeping her may get me a new ship as well (Yugumo)

pls dont sell kagero chan :(

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,428 battles

i  luv my pepsicola

she's had a bad stats and all and the big citadel means she's always been a magnet for enemy all around when spotted

but her ap is so devastating

440 posts
3,380 battles

i  luv my pepsicola

she's had a bad stats and all and the big citadel means she's always been a magnet for enemy all around when spotted

but her ap is so devastating

yay! Someone who loves her like I do!

85 posts
4,538 battles

I am very attached to my IJN heavy cruisers starting from Furutaka. 
I unlocked her and proceeded to Aoba before her awesome buff, but even then, when most people will diss on how "Furutaka is very bad oh no no more rapid fire pewpew", I instantly liked her hard-punching big guns and her convenient torp arcs.  I rarely get to play with her lately due to being focused with the Takao Missions, but everytime I take her out for a spin, it's always a fun ride. She currently has a 10-point captain manning her.

Now with Aoba. I thing the majority opinion about her is that she is the worst Tier VI cruiser (looking at warships.today stats, she has the lowest win rate), with a lot of people gushing odes to "Cleveland is the best cruiser evur", I still liked her a lot. For one, you can bounce those CL AP shots if you angle right, and going CQC against Clevelands with my Aoba is very hilarious, seeing their shells go bounce-bounce and finishing them off with torps they cannot evade. She is also one hell of a firestarter, and as of the moment, she is my key ship with an 11-point captain on her helm.

Currently, I am on Myoukou, and halfway the exp requirement for unlocking the Mogami. It took me quite a while to get the hang of operating her guns, since sometimes the temptation to use all guns is strong and usually ends badly. But over time, I got the hang of using her and now I can do more or less average results. I recently got her captain to 10 points, and boy I do love slinging napalm to evert ship I see.

Last Sunday, I finally finished the Takao missions and got my very own Tsundere Cruiser. So far I only had 3 games with her, but man, I definitely fell in love with her handling. She has very useable torp arcs, her guns spew loads and loads of fire, and she is very responsive to my controls. (I managed to yolotorp an unsuspecting Yamato for half her HP, and burnt a Bismarck to the waterline, earning me my first Arsonist). Once I save enough money, I am definitely buying the Atago.

.... wait that went longer than I expected.

Edited by Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

and got my very own Tsundere Cruiser.

Tsundere FTW. Kudere and Yandere can go to the bottom of the sea.

85 posts
4,538 battles

Tsundere FTW. Kudere and Yandere can go to the bottom of the sea.

[a bit offtopic]

I am very picky when it comes to tsundere characters (since some of them are very unlikeable for me), but Takao gets a pass/

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,428 battles

are we talking about ships or anime character here :hiding:

yay! Someone who loves her like I do!

there are few of us out there

believe it

Edited by blacknoheart

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

[a bit offtopic]

I am very picky when it comes to tsundere characters (since some of them are very unlikeable for me), but Takao gets a pass/

I see.

if you like Tsundere character, then you will know who Rie Kugimiya is :P

About Pepsacola, well this ship really have a special place for me.

she is my first tier 7 in WoWs. a ship that i loved to bring to Coop, because in random, she is shell magnet...

414 posts
9,259 battles

Sims is love!!!

RABU RABU <3 <3

With more than 400 battle counts, she trained so many commanders, trolled people with her 9.2km torps, detonated by Minekaze guns, decimated 3 man division, torpedoed in the aft, citedeled Myoko 19x, one shotted by 301 Saipan, and many more awesome and funny experience with this smol bote :3

I love her 4 x 5inch/38 single DP guns, her kamikaze 5,5km torpedo, her shiny and beautiful underside, her smokestack, her troll AA guns, her USN smoke, and much more!

Even though she's prone to radar and hydro, having only 13800 health (yes, I'm not using SE on Sims XD), and not-so good torpedoes can't stop this smol bote to wreck and troll anyone >,<

Aiming for 1000 battle count with this smol bote bcs why not hehe :3

[-SZY-]
211 posts

I really love Hatsu

After getting Fubuki, I would say she is better

But I like Hatsu more for having Torpedo Reload Booster consumable an having matches where I always feel I'm on the edge

[-SZY-]
211 posts

Gnevny

Arguably one of the best looking ship for it's tier and somehow I enjoy her more than other T5s especially when I'm up against T7s.

She's actually a good ship

*commencing clubbing T7 while shaming them*