You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Oranges

Speed requirement for battle participation

7 comments in this topic

[PANZA]
Alpha Tester
25 posts
1,558 battles

The current meta for cruisers appears to be "hide behind island and spam HE". For BB drivers, this means that any attempt to push is unsupported by their own cruisers and punished by enemy cruisers who are invulnerable to return fire.

I suggest that cruisers, destroyers and battleships have a mandatory average speed requirement per game in order to be eligible to receive full battle rewards (credits and exp):
- average speed of ship greater than 70% of ship top speed = 100% reward

- average speed of ship 50-70% of ship top speed = 75% reward

- average speed of ship 30-50% of ship top speed = 66% reward

- average speed of ship less than 30% of ship top speed = 50% reward

This will help stop the current cruiser meta, serve as an additional push to prevent afk players (particularly players who might afk for the first 5 mins of a battle and then participate), and encourage players to actually move their ships around and be mobile...as ships are supposed to do, and historically did do.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Not knowing when to stop will lead into doom.

Nice try suggesting this but i dont agree with you.

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,701 posts
7,273 battles

Sounds good in theory.

But deeper thought brings me to WASD. I am constantly speeding up and slowing down to avoid the bad stuff. Consequently, i don't think I can claim to be in your top 100% bracket. Penalized for smart play?

As well, some DDs are built for hiding in smoke and spamming HE. Up to a minute stationary will certainly blow your reward table.

350 posts

The current meta for cruisers appears to be "hide behind island and spam HE". For BB drivers, this means that any attempt to push is unsupported by their own cruisers and punished by enemy cruisers who are invulnerable to return fire.

I suggest that cruisers, destroyers and battleships have a mandatory average speed requirement per game in order to be eligible to receive full battle rewards (credits and exp):

- average speed of ship greater than 70% of ship top speed = 100% reward

- average speed of ship 50-70% of ship top speed = 75% reward

- average speed of ship 30-50% of ship top speed = 66% reward

- average speed of ship less than 30% of ship top speed = 50% reward

This will help stop the current cruiser meta, serve as an additional push to prevent afk players (particularly players who might afk for the first 5 mins of a battle and then participate), and encourage players to actually move their ships around and be mobile...as ships are supposed to do, and historically did do.

I agree with XP On and this is coming from a captain whose pedal is always on the metal. Doing so would lead to over-extending and being focus fired simply because they detected you first. It would be a good tactic if you're willing to sacrifice your ship so that the your teammates would finish the reds off, seeing as they would be more focused on you.

A better suggestion is fleets coordinating their movements, but as well know, that's wishful thinking except for those who know what they are doing.

181 posts
7,621 battles

This idea basically kills the gameplay of RN CLs (which mostly hides inside smokes) and USN cruisers which many players know that using islands is the way to play them (especially in high tiers).

Yeah, I have to disagree with this one.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Orrrr

We can ask WG made a convoy mode become reality.

Just like the hollowen mission. If you out of the circle, the reward will be less....