You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BunnyDragon

Nagato Upgrade Question

8 comments in this topic

425 posts

Quick Question about the Nagato,

I like to do something other than damange control help in the million credit slot, such as steering gears mod 2 on my New Mex and Col.  I discovered that because of Fuso's huge superstructure I had to get damange control. 

My question is, does the Nagato have the same always on fire like Fuso (more so in my xp than other BBs) or normal fire experiance like other Battleships, cause I want to try out the propulsion mod on it.  It seems like a good fit for the Nagato, get to speed up quickly and slow down quickly, don't try to out turn the Col. and other T7 BBs. 

Thanks for your input.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

You should know that Propulsion mod works only for accelerating/decelerating from 0 to 6/-6 knot. And if you do plan to take advantage of the acceleration on a BB, you'd be pretty much stationary, not ideal as it would make you an easier target to shoot at.

I'd personally recommend either Steering Gears or Damage Control mod on BBs for damage mitigation. Propulsion are best suited for small ships like DDs that can juke shots and peek islands.

As for fire damage, the upgraded Nagato actually has an easier superstructure to hit and weaker casemate armor unlike Fuso, so its more vulnerable to HE damage. I don't know if this is true or not but HE shells that penetrate supposedly have a bigger chance to set fire compared to those that don't.

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

Damage control all the way. Nagato is anyway quite agile. Propulsion mod is not very good for a BB as you want to be moving.

425 posts

You should know that Propulsion mod works only for accelerating/decelerating from 0 to 6/-6 knot.

CRAP! I thought Propulsion worked on any acceleration or deceleration.  It only works to the first 6 knots!?  CRAP, if that's true, it needs a reworking for all accelration or deceleration, cause that seems like a BB mod right there.

As for fire damage, the upgraded Nagato actually has an easier superstructure to hit and weaker casemate armor unlike Fuso, so its more vulnerable to HE damage. I don't know if this is true or not but HE shells that penetrate supposedly have a bigger chance to set fire compared to those that don't.

Darn, oh well, Damange Control again it is.

Thanks for the info, also, keep up the torpedo beats, love the vids.

By the way could you do a shell beat with the potential damange counter that we have now?  That would be funny to see a squishy ship like Pepsi, dodge shells to a shell beat song and show how much damange people shot at you and missed. (By the way the patch notes said Potential Damange is all enemy shoots that land or pass within 500m of you. Is that still true or is it closer? or ship dependent?)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

CRAP! I thought Propulsion worked on any acceleration or deceleration.  It only works to the first 6 knots!?  CRAP, if that's true, it needs a reworking for all accelration or deceleration, cause that seems like a BB mod right there.

it does work, but most significant on the first 6 knot

but seriously, with the slow rudder shift speed and frequent victim of HE Spam, it is better to take either steering gear mod or  Damage Control mod

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

(By the way the patch notes said Potential Damange is all enemy shoots that land or pass within 500m of you. Is that still true or is it closer? or ship dependent?)

That is true and it is not ship dependent. It is counted as potential damage "tanked" and you get bonuses accordingly

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

You should know that Propulsion mod works only for accelerating/decelerating from 0 to 6/-6 knot. And if you do plan to take advantage of the acceleration on a BB, you'd be pretty much stationary, not ideal as it would make you an easier target to shoot at.

I'd personally recommend either Steering Gears or Damage Control mod on BBs for damage mitigation. Propulsion are best suited for small ships like DDs that can juke shots and peek islands.

Doesn't propulsion mod only work for Acceleration?