Sign in to follow this  
IJN_Harugumo

Current +2 MM for T5 and +2 MM for T8

25 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,192 battles

Just to be clear as this is NOT a rant post, as someone who mainly plays T4 (Hosho, Isuzhichi, Wyoming), T7(Scharnhost) and T10(Yamato), I actually benefit from this current MM. HOWEVER, I really feel sorry for the players who have to grind T5/8

What is the problem? Simple really.

You got Devs who made it so that Tier 5 meets mostly ships higher tier than them, to make T4 new players grind ship easier.

Okay, i get it, but then, People like me can sealclub T4 easily as I barely meet T5.

However there is equally a lot more new players at tier 5, and they are in an absolute mess right now.

As T5 meets T7s, and so the T7s doesnt meet T8 and 9 as common as it has been before.

Well, there is still some balance, until:

Then WG was smart enough to make a T10 camo which gives -50% repair, players like me bough the camo and Suddenly you got this huge increase in T10 population.

And here is where it gets interesting, T10 MM meets only -2 players, so T8 players-who originally can meet t7 players, can't hardly meet them anymore becuase T7 are with T5s. And T8 players are forced to match up with T10 players.

P.S: I dont actually mind if the MM stays the same, I mean, I am one of those who are benefiting from it :trollface:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

this is rant, no matter how you see it

but the other way around

because the purpose is to persuade anyone to think that it is unfair for tier 5 and 8 to get +2 MM

Edited by Harpoon01

634 posts
6,192 battles

this is rant, no matter how you see it

but the other way around

because the purpose is to persuade anyone to think that it is unfair for tier 5 and 8 to get +2 MM

It IS unfair.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,559 battles

not only unfair but terribad especially sailing a T5 cruiser in a T7 match

still i can sense incoming "deal with it" and "improve" that make absolutely no sense in this legit discussion

525 posts
7,946 battles

T8 is not that bad, the problem is the T5, i feels with the current MM, it would just drive away new player that have reached tier 5

Super Tester
2,725 posts

The best advice is never think your tier 5/8 ship as top tier in tier 7/10 battle. Consider your ship's capability & battle's situation. Don't hesitate to stand behind but never far back.

If you can't do those then it's the players' fault.

I never go upfront when I grind my tier 5 Emerald in tier 7 match.

I never go upfront when I see a tier 9 FDG while I grind my tier 7 Myoukou. Just recently I just got tier 8 Mogami, I got to adapt to it.

381 posts
9,957 battles

tbh I think t5 against t7 is way better than t4 against t6. One good simple solution that has been suggested so many times is to add additional MM criteria so you won't have to be bottom tier more than 3 matches in a row but WG denied the possibility to implement that already. I still hope they can implement +/-1 MM for all tier or at least for CV, although with this population it would never come true..

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,011 battles

Every time i Delete an Omaha in my Scharnhorst I shed a tear for him as that poor little seal cub knew what was coming but had no way to stop it :(

As far as T8 is concerned i have no problems meeting T10's as you have all the tools needed in your ships to be competitive, your still underpowered but you can at least influence the battle.

[SXLCE]
40 posts
3,240 battles

The best advice is never think your tier 5/8 ship as top tier in tier 7/10 battle. Consider your ship's capability & battle's situation. Don't hesitate to stand behind but never far back.

If you can't do those then it's the players' fault.

I never go upfront when I grind my tier 5 Emerald in tier 7 match.

I never go upfront when I see a tier 9 FDG while I grind my tier 7 Myoukou. Just recently I just got tier 8 Mogami, I got to adapt to it.

The thing is that you it's really difficult to carry the team if you're tier 5 against T7 (unless you're in minekaze then meh). And if you're bottom tier 80% of the time it's soul crushing.

Also the power gap between T7-T9 is less than T5-T7. And that is less than T4-T6. I can't really blame wargaming for trying to fix this buuut ugh.

353 posts
5,012 battles

well i say we keep the 5+2 mm, but limit the amount of tier 7 ships in each side.

it still makes for a fun and engaging game.

most t5 ships will still survive the match so long they are in a supportive role or so long they soak up enougn dmg to distract.

435 posts
6,169 battles

Make the Grade!

Tier 8+ is “Now you're with the Big Boys”... and girls.

Tier 1 to 4 is for the “Paddlers”.

Tier 5 to 7 is where you got to do, die or run, throw away your dummy, learn from all the “Yoda’s” out there (or Vader's).

And for every level, captains got to “Make the Grade”.

In the momentum, MM+2 benefits tier newbies.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

3 posts

+2mm -2mm provides challenge to players and actually makes them better in the long run.

Sure you'll definitely have bad games but you'll get better rewards facing a +2 tier ship than a same tier or lower tier ship.

Etc etc etc.. MM is fine.. if a bit annoying.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

This post is a rant. I take out T5 still often enough from all classes. It is vs T4 a lot of the time.

When matched vs high tier you just don't yolo. Play smart.

I wish there was a down vote for this kind of post.

1,124 posts

yesterday, I'm in kongo

being put into tier 7 match against enemy tier 7 BB and CA (of cause there's enemy tier 5 as well but... well, you know)

my mind is... 'screw this, at tier 5 my credit never got minus anyway' and charge fearlessly into cap together with my team DD.

before I die, I rather deal as much damage as i could

at long range, there's no way in hell that kongo gonna penetrate of citadel tier 7 BB (unless RNGesus is blessing) so I use HE and deal some moderate damage even they highly angle

mid match, I still survive somehow, switch to AP since distance is pretty closer now, I can deal solid damage on enemy 2+tier BB with this.

I forget that they can kill me in just a few salvo and use my speed to run around and shot deal almost 90k damage that match.

by some miracle, I end up 1st rank of my team, above even tier 7 BB in my team...

my guess... there's a secret benefit when you being put into lowest tier and have higher % of xp and credit??? maybe???

422 posts

by some miracle, I end up 1st rank of my team, above even tier 7 BB in my team...

my guess... there's a secret benefit when you being put into lowest tier and have higher % of xp and credit??? maybe???

There is an xp and credit boost when you damange ships of a higher tier than you.  It's in the game mechanics that you make more money from shooting higher tier ships and get more xp from the same amount of damange than if you seal club and shoot all the low tier ships. 

So when you are low tier, make those credits and xp, I'm using my ARP Kirishima to roll credits right now as I'm practically gurrenteed to make profit of 80 to 100 k in a bottom tier battle which is about half the time. 

So go for being bottom tier, that's where all the credits come from.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,283 posts

This post is a rant. I take out T5 still often enough from all classes. It is vs T4 a lot of the time.

When matched vs high tier you just don't yolo. Play smart.

I wish there was a down vote for this kind of post.

This.

And I wish there was a down vote for all of Lord's posts.....