You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

Balistic Trajectories and aircraft vectoring

6 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles

I have a background as an air traffic controller student IRL and i find these problems weird that WG dont do anything about it :

- Ingame balistic vectoring of all guns are not shown in game making me having actually send quite sometime to research a line to actually know how their gun perform. Nobody tell me that British CL got that floaty arc that is almost America esque and that kill my enthusiasm alot b/c i thought British might not suffer the US problem lol. I know KM/VMF/IJN has better trajectories but how much better , nothing is shown until i play them to know. Cant we get atleast 3 ballistic simulator for 3 typical : max , mid , CQC range for all ship shown as GIF image  in port so atleast i know what to expect when buying the bloody thing. Danae floaty gun arc feels almost like firing a mortar not a gun.

- Aircraft vectoring is also a major problem : when cyclone hit some ship will start rekting my plane and i cant see that thing until too late which is a major problem - why not make AA dont fire at things they dont see ?. Their deployment phase always makes me cry b/c a 5 squadron landing or taking off using the same duration - why cant we make the number dynamic based on actual planes in the squad ?.Cant Midway gets SCB-10 upgrade for double squadron taking off and landing simutanously in exchange for almost no AA ( screw jets if they are OP )?

- Radar directed fire should be in the game and here is my form of suggestion : a Radar consumable in which for a short duration you enter flight assisted aiming view ( recon view ) , everyship are shown as radar signature return ( google it - working as an ATC there is a PSR and SSR but lets join them here for gaming experience ) with a vector showing their ground speed and heading , shell leading time ( kinda like aim bot with a vector showing the correct point to aim the gun , you get improved accuracy or much better dispersion for the duration. However like RL radar you cant see behind solid mass ( a bigger BB will shield a smaller DD hiding behind him ) so some ship will not be visible to the user untill the duration end.

- Island , landmark are full of bugs or are jus queer : they are many a times i have camped right next to an island , make sure the muzzle pointed at ship is clear of every obstacle and yet the shell stop right in the air because of invisible obstacle ( what the heck ?). This is a major problem because many low height island are good hiding and firing spot for straighter firing ship yet i cant use them because the collision model for land objects are detailed enough for shell to pass through them. ( There are quite a few of those spot in 3-4 maps)

Thank you for reading the text pals

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

I have a background as an air traffic controller student IRL and i find these problems weird that WG dont do anything about it :

- Ingame balistic vectoring of all guns are not shown in game making me having actually send quite sometime to research a line to actually know how their gun perform. Nobody tell me that British CL got that floaty arc that is almost America esque and that kill my enthusiasm alot b/c i thought British might not suffer the US problem lol. I know KM/VMF/IJN has better trajectories but how much better , nothing is shown until i play them to know. Cant we get atleast 3 ballistic simulator for 3 typical : max , mid , CQC range for all ship shown as GIF image  in port so atleast i know what to expect when buying the bloody thing. Danae floaty gun arc feels almost like firing a mortar not a gun.

- Aircraft vectoring is also a major problem : when cyclone hit some ship will start rekting my plane and i cant see that thing until too late which is a major problem - why not make AA dont fire at things they dont see ?. Their deployment phase always makes me cry b/c a 5 squadron landing or taking off using the same duration - why cant we make the number dynamic based on actual planes in the squad ?.Cant Midway gets SCB-10 upgrade for double squadron taking off and landing simutanously in exchange for almost no AA ( screw jets if they are OP )?

- Radar directed fire should be in the game and here is my form of suggestion : a Radar consumable in which for a short duration you enter flight assisted aiming view ( recon view ) , everyship are shown as radar signature return ( google it - working as an ATC there is a PSR and SSR but lets join them here for gaming experience ) with a vector showing their ground speed and heading , shell leading time ( kinda like aim bot with a vector showing the correct point to aim the gun , you get improved accuracy or much better dispersion for the duration. However like RL radar you cant see behind solid mass ( a bigger BB will shield a smaller DD hiding behind him ) so some ship will not be visible to the user untill the duration end.

- Island , landmark are full of bugs or are jus queer : they are many a times i have camped right next to an island , make sure the muzzle pointed at ship is clear of every obstacle and yet the shell stop right in the air because of invisible obstacle ( what the heck ?). This is a major problem because many low height island are good hiding and firing spot for straighter firing ship yet i cant use them because the collision model for land objects are detailed enough for shell to pass through them. ( There are quite a few of those spot in 3-4 maps)

Two things..

Please space your text... It is helpful when other people have to read

Also this post should be in the suggestions section

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Only RN and USN achieved blindfire radar firecontrol. This is bad for balancing. The fact that a nation had better rangefinders and GFCS is shown in improved accuracy IIRC

Shell Flight time and dispersion can be found pretty easily.

Edited by karrablaster123

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Very same can be said for German BBs and their uncitadelable armor. 

So what? A penetration is devastating(not as much as a citadel). It is not some invincible armor. On the other hand, no one wants invisifiring USN ships during cyclones who can't be countered
Edited by karrablaster123

119 posts
2,076 battles

I mean this in the nicest possible way. BIG. WHO. CARES.

This is an ARCADE GAME and whilst you may have a fantastic understanding of how it actually worked in IRL, that doesn't matter here. 

This game has to open and fun to play for all - from ten years old to 50 year olds. 

There is a reason why real ships have plotting rooms and range finding rooms and all the rest of it to land shots. That wouldnt be fun in a game. 

Blind firing from smoke is bad enough, We dont need ships blind firing using radar when a cyclone hits. See above.

You are more than welcome chap. I hope you have a pleasant and productive day! :happy_fish: