Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

HMS Tiger (C20)?

6 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

I am wondering if the devs would like to add the last class of RN gun cruisers into the game as a premium.

Here are the Tiger class's historical specs before the helicopter cruiser conversion compared to the Edinburgh (modified-Town) class.

Displacement 11,560 tons (Edinburgh: 13,175 tons)

Overall length: 169.3m (Edinburgh: 187.0m)

Speed: 31.5kts 80,000shp (Edinburgh: 32kts 82,500shp)

Armament:

Tiger:

2*2 6"/50 QF Mark V (Mark N5) guns in two Mark XXVI turrets, one front one aft

3*2 3"/70 Mark VI guns, one at superfiring position above the front 6" turret and one on each side of the ship.

Edinburgh:

4*3 6"/50 Mark XXIII guns in four Mark XXIII turrets, two front superfiring, two aft superfiring.

6*2 4"/45 Mark XIX guns in six DP mounts, 3 on each side.

2*3 21" torpedo tubes.

In game, Tiger share the same type of guns with the Minotaur while having far less mounts.

The Tiger has a RPM of 75 shells/min while Edinburgh has 96 shells/min.

I think she will be a nice T8 cruiser if she has better HE than HMS Belfast (Mark XXIII used a 50.8kg HE while Mark N5 used a 59.9kg HE shell)  , Edinburgh's repair party, smoke, radar and sonar.

403 posts
8,209 battles

whats the point of adding her when she has no firepower in her aft? a cruiser that cant kite might as well as be useless in game

She can be a low tier (5-6) AA cruiser, based on her wikipedia description.

It's like me wanting Ooyodo for some reason I cant comprehend, but understanding she cant be balanced, until I heard of the leaked skills. Trusting WG, she will have some kind of gimmick (2 fighters can be launched at a time, which can be doubled to 4 with the leaked skills).

In both cases we have AA cruisers, one having tier 10 DP main batteries at tier 6, and the other having what is equal to an IJN squad above you for 6 mins

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

She can be a low tier (5-6) AA cruiser, based on her wikipedia description.

It's like me wanting Ooyodo for some reason I cant comprehend, but understanding she cant be balanced, until I heard of the leaked skills. Trusting WG, she will have some kind of gimmick (2 fighters can be launched at a time, which can be doubled to 4 with the leaked skills).

In both cases we have AA cruisers, one having tier 10 DP main batteries at tier 6, and the other having what is equal to an IJN squad above you for 6 mins

The tech-tree T6 RN cruiser is Leander with 8 Mark XXIII and a total RPM of 64, Tiger has far better firepower with a total RPM of 75 and the new Mark N5 guns.

Sign in to follow this