Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Crines

Discussion on assist counted as kill feature?

19 comments in this topic

[HMAS]
56 posts
2,199 battles

Greetings!

I was unsure if this was discussed before, but I think some of us have been in situations in which we have brought enemy ships down to twenty or even ten percent of their health through our own accord, only for some wayward teammate to land a salvo in the end and snatch the kill. 

I recognize that WOWS still rewards the player based on the percentage of enemy health which they dealt, however, kills are still a satisfaction and it reflects positively on a player's record at the end of the day. 

It is a feature on some other games, though I understand that my example is a completely different genre, like Battlefield in which assists counted as the kill is a feature and it helps encourage players to deal as much damage as possible versus timing their shots to ensure the last hit. Hopefully, the aim of my suggestion is to encourage better sportsmanship as well as giving incentive for players to deal more damage as they could. 

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

Oh boy,

I'm sorry to say this, but kill stealing is an inherent feature of this game.

Unfortunately, Sportsmanship is not an inherent feature of this game.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Greetings!

I was unsure if this was discussed before, but I think some of us have been in situations in which we have brought enemy ships down to twenty or even ten percent of their health through our own accord, only for some wayward teammate to land a salvo in the end and snatch the kill. 

I recognize that WOWS still rewards the player based on the percentage of enemy health which they dealt, however, kills are still a satisfaction and it reflects positively on a player's record at the end of the day. 

It is a feature on some other games, though I understand that my example is a completely different genre, like Battlefield in which assists counted as the kill is a feature and it helps encourage players to deal as much damage as possible versus timing their shots to ensure the last hit. Hopefully, the aim of my suggestion is to encourage better sportsmanship as well as giving incentive for players to deal more damage as they could. 

Crines, i know what you feeling, cause i have been three also.

when you start playing games, killing seem to be the goal.but after a while, you will understand that dealing damage is more satisfiyng.

try to imagine this situation:

a BB do a massive daamage toward aan enemy ship, the gun finish reload and he have 2 option

1. target a new ship to deal a good damage

2. waste the salvo to secure the kill

people who took the 2nd option will bring their team1 step closerinto defeat pathways.. while the player who take the 1st option will lead their team 1 step closer into the path of victory!

so instead of looking how many kill someone have at the end of the match, change your focus on where you are in the post-battle exp list..

player who contribute more will have higher position, no matter how many kill they have.

2 days ago i am div with RT and i top the exp list while doing almost no damage at all (no kill also)

i did 2 solo cap + 1 assisted cap though :P

so just forget about the ill and lets have fun... you will suprise on how many kill / exp you got when you not focusin on getting them... just play your best

Edited by XP_On

[HMAS]
56 posts
2,199 battles

To XP_On, 

That's my point however, I have found that the play-style of dishing as much damage as possible for the team whilst staying alive to play a beneficial role is the best way of having fun and winning. So...in all honestly, why not encourage WG to further incentivised such gameplay? 

Edited by Crines

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

To XP_On, 

That's my point however, I have found to that the play-style of dishing as much damage as possible for the team whilst staying alive to play a beneficial role is the best way of having fun and winning. So...in all honestly, why not encourage WG to further incentivised such gameplay? 

i do agree if Wargaming gave us 1 more ribbon, (Kill assist) but dont let those kill stealer ruin your day bro.. keep rekt those ships :D

also if you go with your friend, sometimes we can coordinaate to gave which kill to which player.. but most ofthe time, you will try to piss your div mate by messing their kill :P

[HMAS]
56 posts
2,199 battles

i do agree if Wargaming gave us 1 more ribbon, (Kill assist) but dont let those kill stealer ruin your day bro.. keep rekt those ships :D

also if you go with your friend, sometimes we can coordinaate to gave which kill to which player.. but most ofthe time, you will try to piss your div mate by messing their kill :P

We should play together more often in that case, mate :teethhappy:

1,162 posts

but most ofthe time, you will try to piss your div mate by messing their kill :P

Gib back my kills!!  ​:izmena:

lol

Greetings!

So, if someone manage to dealt damage all the enemy ships, that would be a 12/12 possible ribbons you can get. Its quite a broken mechanics.

Just imagine the "Warships Damaged" at the post battle screen is your "Kill Assist" :great:

Edited by RisaFujiyama

[HMAS]
56 posts
2,199 battles

Gib back my kills!!   :izmena:

lol

So, if someone manage to dealt damage all the enemy ships, that would be a 12/12 possible ribbons you can get. Its quite a broken mechanics.

Just imagine the "Warships Damaged" at the post battle screen is your "Kill Assist" :great:

Precisely my belief as well, hence my suggestion clearly states the reward to be only issued after a certain threshold is made towards an enemy, it could be fairly as high as 70% of the enemy's total health. 

1,162 posts

Precisely my belief as well, hence my suggestion clearly states the reward to be only issued after a certain threshold is made towards an enemy, it could be fairly as high as 70% of the enemy's total health. 

Its all up to the WG in the end, if they said it "No" its a no. So yeah.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

We should play together more often in that case, mate :teethhappy:

will do.... lets wreck some ships!

Gib back my kills!!  ​:izmena:

lol

you are too slow, i'll take all those kill for free :P

I'd much rather believe in a world where kills don't matter as much as winning.

yess... a good and ideal way of thinking... before WG gave mission to kill certain ship for certain amunt to get a cartoon ship :P

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Booo... XP is KillStealers. :trollface: ​

ONLY if i am using cruiser 

i didnt d that if i aat DD or BB

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

If I cant finish something with very low HP remaining when playing a battleship, I usually ask my div mates to finish them, so that I can utilize the salvo better somewhere else. Last night had 4-5 150k+ games that ended with 0 kills. Kills are important if you care about WTR and stuffs like that. Because even when you get great match, but no kills, your WTR will be shit.

13 posts
799 battles

If someone else in the team finishes off an enemy while you are reloading then that is all good, the sooner the enemy ship is destroyed the less damage he can do to friendly ships and the closer your team is to victory.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

If I cant finish something with very low HP remaining when playing a battleship, I usually ask my div mates to finish them, so that I can utilize the salvo better somewhere else. Last night had 4-5 150k+ games that ended with 0 kills. Kills are important if you care about WTR and stuffs like that. Because even when you get great match, but no kills, your WTR will be shit.

This is why WTR is flawed. Overall damage ships weigh more. Kills are good but are not critical. 

I concur with your BB play and asking team mates to end the other ships as it is a waste of a salvo.

425 posts

Greetings!

I here you about knocking down an enemy and having someone else take the kill at the end.

But, it's hilarious when you are in the top 3 with Dreadnought, High Caliber, and Confederate, but no kills! 

So if you have a person who has been following you around and stealing your kills with 4 or more kills but are lower than you in the team scores! 

Only happened in Ranked with me though as the teams were small enough to make it happen.

But I didn't feel bad at all, as I play BB and with that slow reload, it's nice to have a target taken out so I can focus on hurting the enemy team.

Only bad thing this season, is having no T7 for rank. :(

Need to start a rant about that soon.

Sign in to follow this