You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
potato18

ship receiving a ram should split in 2

9 comments in this topic

71 posts

The title basically says it all, but I do think that well they have already got ships splitting in half in the game but what I'd really like to see is the ship splitting in half on the first blow when you ram a ship on its side that's all I just think that would be really cool.
Also adding on to my post about waves I am starting to see a bit more change but the sea is still pretty calm during a cyclone I'd really like to feel the waves even when I'm aiming it would make the game so much more challenging which I think most people are looking for.
just refer to 3:30 where I ram a midway, I like how they got rid of the twitching though thumbs up WG.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

The title basically says it all, but I do think that well they have already got ships splitting in half in the game but what I'd really like to see is the ship splitting in half on the first blow when you ram a ship on its side that's all I just think that would be really cool.

Also adding on to my post about waves I am starting to see a bit more change but the sea is still pretty calm during a cyclone I'd really like to feel the waves even when I'm aiming it would make the game so much more challenging which I think most people are looking for.

just refer to 3:30 where I ram a midway, I like how they got rid of the twitching though thumbs up WG.

What? Make shooting more challenging? No it can be hard enough at times to get reliable team mates that can carry their own weight without causing more difficulty for players. Can you imagine the complaints from people about being zoomed in to a ship and not being able to hit the target because the gun lifts and drops 20 meters let alone the sway as ships get buffeted by waves on the side. No please no

71 posts

What? Make shooting more challenging? No it can be hard enough at times to get reliable team mates that can carry their own weight without causing more difficulty for players. Can you imagine the complaints from people about being zoomed in to a ship and not being able to hit the target because the gun lifts and drops 20 meters let alone the sway as ships get buffeted by waves on the side. No please no

Sorry bro too late I got my brother to put a poll up on a post and many people seem to love the idea. I mean we don't necessarily have to make it so its harder to aim but the visual effects of waves crashing up on the side of the ship in severe weather wouldn't be a bad option right? just so you know during a cyclone (with high winds and heavy rain) we don't have calm seas if you know what I mean, fine weather sure the aiming circle wouldn't budge, but in a cyclone being that the spotting range is only 8kms you might as well make it rock up and down just a tiny bit, not like heavily or anything you see I'm trying to make the game fun but a little more challenging because after you go through tier 1 to 5 you already have the hang of the game really, and then it just gets bit boring, then you later progress to that person who is so confident he can fire with their eyes closed and they know their gonna hit the target. I just want to be early and stop the game from getting like that. 

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Sorry bro too late I got my brother to put a poll up on a post and many people seem to love the idea.

He did no such thing.

Stop lying.

Edited by Haku

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

The major components of a GFCS are a manned director, with or replaced by radar or television camera, a computer, stabilizing device or gyro, and equipment in a plotting room.

Nuff said

Oh and "Stabilizing signals from the Stable Element kept the optical sight telescopes, rangefinder, and radar antenna free from the effects of deck tilt." This is for the Mark 37 Director GFCS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_gun_fire-control_system#Stable_Element

What you want has no historical basis...

Edited by karrablaster123

71 posts

The major components of a GFCS are a manned director, with or replaced by radar or television camera, a computer, stabilizing device or gyro, and equipment in a plotting room.

Nuff said

Oh and "Stabilizing signals from the Stable Element kept the optical sight telescopes, rangefinder, and radar antenna free from the effects of deck tilt." This is for the Mark 37 Director GFCS

Right sorry then, but still I'd like to feel the waves effect on the ship like they do in the cinematic videos especially during a cyclone.

[RTANZ]
186 posts
2,015 battles

Nuff said

Huh? In history ship technology is highly variable according to individual ships and nation. But you would mostly be looking at lower tier older ships for what the OP is talking about, but historically, it has its place.... additionally, rough seas will make any targeting system more difficult regardless of the technology.

But what we don't have in this game are night time engagements, and historically some of the most amazing battles took place at night, and almost always accompanied by incidents of friendly fire.... they did not have the nice little friend or foe color bars that we have in this game..... imagine if you could only identify your ally or enemy by the ship profile, AT NIGHT! man, that would be hard!

Edit: also i remember reading somewhere that the British had something called 'floating' gun turrets.... if what you say is 'nuff said' why would they need floating gun turrets? (Germans did not have this)

Edited by Sy_dn_ey