Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PopEye2013

Team Hits penalty...

14 comments in this topic

13 posts
629 battles

I would juz like to ask if the rule about hitting players in your team could be appealed against, sometimes team players come across the opposite side of an enemy ship you`re shooting at and your salvo is already gone, (especially when they come from behind an island) but a couple of shells hit your team mate by accident, I`ve played a number games today and I have accidently shelled 2 team mates while I was in telescopic mode, anyone else have the same issue?

I would appreciate any comments, thankin yowz me shipmates, cheersssss...

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I would appreciate any comments

Okay then, Use the bloody Minimap!!!

Edit :- Even if it sounds rude, try looking for your teammates coming from behind the Island in the Minimap.

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

695 posts
2,153 battles

it would be too labor intensive checking each time some 1 shelled a friendly by mistake, also open to abuse etc.  Reload is long zoom in / out between shots

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

it would be too labor intensive checking each time some 1 shelled a friendly by mistake, also open to abuse etc.  Reload is long zoom in / out between shots

We can look at Minimap when were are in scoped view, Right? 

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

We can look at Minimap when were are in scoped view, Right? 

There is no reason to stay in the scoped view, regardless of looking at minimap or not. I wait for my reload, go in scope and shoot (2 seconds) get out of scope. I do this even on gunboats. After playing this for a while, there is no reason to be amazed at the beauty of the floating shells, or watching them hit the enemy, cause once you fired, there is no point in watching them.

13 posts
629 battles

ok, thanks to you guys for your very interesting comments, i agree with some of the comments except icy_p, lately i have been useing the cruiser, Atlanta, which has a really quick reload time, so on most targets i keep in scope, with a press of the left mouse to bring out of scope for a quick scan of the area, i await more comments, ma matey`ssss

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

ok, thanks to you guys for your very interesting comments, i agree with some of the comments except icy_p, lately i have been useing the cruiser, Atlanta, which has a really quick reload time, so on most targets i keep in scope, with a press of the left mouse to bring out of scope for a quick scan of the area, i await more comments, ma matey`ssss

I am mostly gunboat player, you saying Atlanta shoots faster? And ripple firing (keeping the fire button pressed) is the worst thing you can do in Atlanta. Against a BB it might work, good luck hitting fast moving ships with that.

26 posts
1,986 battles

There is no reason to stay in the scoped view, regardless of looking at minimap or not. I wait for my reload, go in scope and shoot (2 seconds) get out of scope. I do this even on gunboats. After playing this for a while, there is no reason to be amazed at the beauty of the floating shells, or watching them hit the enemy, cause once you fired, there is no point in watching them.

I see what you are saying but I always make sure I at least see where my shells land, even if I zoom out directly after I fire, this is just because I`m not that great at this game and I still need to see where my shots are landing.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

it is okay if you someone who reload every 2 or 3 seconds and keep in scope for maximum firepower (but not for the whole 2-5 minute), otherwise it is a very unhealthy behavior

Edited by Harpoon01

40 posts
2,588 battles

(a) you'll keep on shelling friendly targets for the rest of your career

(b) you'll have a reduced idea of what targets are offering you the best shot

© you can "free look" with the other mouse button which leaves the guns tracking your selected target.

(d) if you don't wasd regularly, you'll get shot a lot, the ship that never changes course or speed is what everyone shifts too when other targets start dodging and if you dodge without checking, you'll keep colliding with friendlies.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
177 posts
6,436 battles

If you shoot friendlies its always their fault for getting in the way, I've had several IJN DD's and A LOT of ARP Ships fire their torps from behind our lines with no regard for anything and then they complain if you get in the way and stop a torp, so its the fault of the people you hit. 

At the end of the day there is no real penalty for friendly fire or team killing, the current setup is more of a penalty towards the person killed then anything else, I've been team killed and seen that person to go on and do better out of the match then I did, so don't worry about it, WG certainly doesn't. 

13 posts
629 battles

I am mostly gunboat player, you saying Atlanta shoots faster? And ripple firing (keeping the fire button pressed) is the worst thing you can do in Atlanta. Against a BB it might work, good luck hitting fast moving ships with that.

it is okay if you someone who reload every 2 or 3 seconds and keep in scope for maximum firepower (but not for the whole 2-5 minute), otherwise it is a very unhealthy behavior

huh??? who mentioned " 2 - 5 minutes"? i think youre in the wrong room mate...and icy_p, " holding down the fire button", hmmm, are you certain its not you that does that, mate???because i certainly DON`T!, cheers...
Edited by PopEye2013

119 posts
2,076 battles

I would juz like to ask if the rule about hitting players in your team could be appealed against, sometimes team players come across the opposite side of an enemy ship you`re shooting at and your salvo is already gone, (especially when they come from behind an island) but a couple of shells hit your team mate by accident, I`ve played a number games today and I have accidently shelled 2 team mates while I was in telescopic mode, anyone else have the same issue?

I would appreciate any comments, thankin yowz me shipmates, cheersssss...

7a93a389b8d54530d75a0d16c925cf48.jpg

Srsly though OP - if you say sorry in chat, the odd stray shell will be forgiven.

Just stop doing it regularly. 

Sign in to follow this