Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
InterconKW

Nagato

24 comments in this topic

341 posts
4,039 battles

(The sequel to http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/19269-fuso)

So after a week of returning to play and grinding Fuso (which I still love and am keeping) I researched and bought Nagato (They are on sale, how can I resist?)

What captain skills would you recommend (I'm thinking BoS, EM, Superintendent and AFT... any better alternatives?)

Also, how do you think the Nagato performs in her tier? Can it play a brawling role like Fuso can? Are her guns accurate (on stats they have worse dispersion than Fuso) etc. ? Is the stock hull worth skipping along the lines of the IJN Branded Stock Hull Policy etc. ?

Edited by InterconKW

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,059 battles

It's always worth getting the second Hull, in the Nagato's case the A hull can be very very easily penned. The massive amount of secondary's also make it fairly dangerous in close as well.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Also, how do you think the Nagato performs in her tier?

Great, she's basically Kongou without her weird splish-splash accuracy, i.e. much more consistent hits.

Just like Kongou she's a combination of good mobility, survivability and firepower.

Can it play a brawling role like Fuso can?

Yes, but she's less reliant on smacking people about with two-thousand guns and instead relies on her maneuverability.

Also great secondaries, just like on Fusou.

Are her guns accurate (on stats they have worse dispersion than Fuso) etc.?

They feel a bit worse, but she can still easily hit targets on both the horizont and 10m in front of her.

Is the stock hull worth skipping along the lines of the IJN Branded Stock Hull Policy etc. ?

Stock Nagato is like... no... just like with any other ship tbh.

It's playable, but as usual her performance takes a rather large hit.

Here's one of my replays showing her brawling capabilities quite nicely.

Link

341 posts
4,039 battles

Just tried the stock hull, her accuracy is pretty good in my books but the health pool and armor are absolutely-horrifically-slap-self-in-face-and-scream-profanities-repeatedly-terribad for playing an actual battleship role... should I just snipe like a skrub through the A hull because I'm poor on free experiences...

341 posts
4,039 battles

2 overpens are the only things that do damage in 8 salvoes. What kind of 16 inch shells are these :amazed:

Update- After 5 games, 4 of which were in tier 8 and 9 and all of which were losses, I have decided to skip the stock hull simply because I don't want to play a tier 6 in a tier 9 battle. #salt

Edited by InterconKW

59 posts
4,539 battles

I feel that the Nagato is more accurate than the Fuso. It rewards players that know how to precisely aim and punishes those that still rely on shotgun rng to land shells (which is basically the playstyle of Fuso. You have to unlearn that and aim true).

425 posts

I'm also working on improving a stock Nagato along with the captain on him.  So for the next 17 k xp, my skills are half at best.

Stock Nagato reminds me of stock Kongo, squishy with nice guns for tier, but a pain in the butt to play until you upgrade.  I recommend you get B hull as soon as possible, as you get better shells and improved everything else. 

I think we get more armor as well, but I need to check the port stats.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

Nagato gets Lolpenned by T8 and above. You should be mentally prepared for that. If you even slightly show your broadside of Nagato to any T7+ battleship, specially 8s and 9s, they will insta delete you or at least will take half of your HP. Last night my opening salvo on a Nagato gave me 4 citadel, he was below 3k hp from full on a first salvo.

Also, you only brawl with T7 and below or against cruisers. If you try to do that against a T8 or T9, your best bet would be to hope for the enemy to be a scrub.

341 posts
4,039 battles

Speaking of Tier 7 and above, I found myself in Tier 6-8 or Tier 7-9 in almost all my Nagato battles, the sole 5-7 battle being the one I broke 100000 damage on for the first time. What happened to Tier 7 Brand OP Matchmaking?

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

Speaking of Tier 7 and above, I found myself in Tier 6-8 or Tier 7-9 in almost all my Nagato battles, the sole 5-7 battle being the one I broke 100000 damage on for the first time. What happened to Tier 7 Brand OP Matchmaking?

Its actually the time of the day, not the tier all alone. The more high tier players queue up, the less you get uptiered. Because your ship wont be dragged into higher tiers because of the lack of players on said tier.

341 posts
4,039 battles

You know what? After a few rounds in her, she is a really good BB. Not as fun as Fuso, no doubt, but she's got big guns and is accurate and easily breaks 90000 damage. I just have no luck with teams sometimes...

QL46Eu8.jpg

NOT AGAIN :(

Edited by InterconKW

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

You know what? After a few rounds in her, she is a really good BB. Not as fun as Fuso, no doubt, but she's got big guns and is accurate and easily breaks 90000 damage. I just have no luck with teams sometimes...

NOT AGAIN :(

This happens all the times, you get a good game but the team loses. For me, as long as I get good damage, make something happen and get bunch of medals, win or lose doesn't really matter.

26 posts
1,989 battles

Great, she's basically Kongou without her weird splish-splash accuracy, i.e. much more consistent hits.

Just like Kongou she's a combination of good mobility, survivability and firepower.

Yes, but she's less reliant on smacking people about with two-thousand guns and instead relies on her maneuverability.

Also great secondaries, just like on Fusou.

They feel a bit worse, but she can still easily hit targets on both the horizont and 10m in front of her.

Stock Nagato is like... no... just like with any other ship tbh.

It's playable, but as usual her performance takes a rather large hit.

Here's one of my replays showing her brawling capabilities quite nicely.

Link

I really don`t mind the stock hulls on ships it teaches me how to play the ship better as it highlights it`s weaknesses. The stock Nagato has the range and it has the guns so I don`t see a reason to skip it.

341 posts
4,039 battles

TB32xiW.jpg

You know what, this is getting a wee bit ridiculous. Currently at 38% win rate in Nagato with above average everything else. This ship just doesn't want to win.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

TB32xiW.jpg

You know what, this is getting a wee bit ridiculous. Currently at 38% win rate in Nagato with above average everything else. This ship just doesn't want to win.

This happened all the time when i'm grinding through Nagato to get Amagi. Especially when i'm unfortunate enough to have an 013 Lexington on my team while enemy team has Shoukaku, when that happens, 99.9% that my team will lose and me myself got rekt hard by Shoukaku's bombers.

161 posts
5,147 battles

(The sequel to http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/19269-fuso)

So after a week of returning to play and grinding Fuso (which I still love and am keeping) I researched and bought Nagato (They are on sale, how can I resist?)

What captain skills would you recommend (I'm thinking BoS, EM, Superintendent and AFT... any better alternatives?)

Also, how do you think the Nagato performs in her tier? Can it play a brawling role like Fuso can? Are her guns accurate (on stats they have worse dispersion than Fuso) etc. ? Is the stock hull worth skipping along the lines of the IJN Branded Stock Hull Policy etc. ?

:D

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

As long as you are getting good damage and kills, you should not be worried much about not winning with a ship. If you care about win rates, you can simply take out your best ship and win back some games.

Sign in to follow this