Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Karrick

Lo Yang and Anshan back in the shop

8 comments in this topic

119 posts
2,071 battles

Anshan is Gnveny wrong tier and spacial torpedo 8km

Lo Yang is good shop from Benson class Hull C and she has Hydro too

Hmm. I dont have a Gnveny on this server, but I am almost at the Benson in the US DD line.

In addition, I have the SIMS and the polish one that I can't really spell.

Are they worth it? Do i really need another premium DD?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

As i have both ship let me give my opinion about this then :D:D:D 

If you looking for simply yes or no i prob say "no"

But there some aspect that you might interest in getting them

Lo Yang - Lower HP than Benson and so meh Torpedoes with 1 less gun, But it have Hydro that able to spot any ship within 3.4km that mean you can clear any Smoke camper without much problems

Anshan - is a Tier 6 Gnevny, turrets traverse are horrible and barely able to keep up with moving target lacking fire power when compare to other Tier 6 DD but with captain skill and camo combine your concealment can go as low as 6.1km and with 8km torpedoes that make this ship become only Jack of all trade in Tier 6. 

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[-SZY-]
211 posts

I have Lo Yang only but not Anshan. But I did play Gnevny for a hundred matches and I love her. And got Leningrad too

I'd say Anshan would be good since she got durability and flexibility from Udaloi's torpedo like Lenin. The traverse might be hard to coop with for most people so I suggest if you are manuevering and gunning, use 1/2 rudder. I would say she is even better than Farragut since good arc, better torpedo and bigger health pool. Better than Ognevoi mainly because of your concealment and torpedo. Verdict : If you are able to keep up with 20+sec traverse, worth it. If not Leningrad would play the same gameplay and be better at it

Lo Yang gunboating and torpedoboating wise isn't superior to Benson beause she's Benson C hull. You don't get the Benson's torpedo upgrade but you have your own 6km torpedo which is fast and hurt but require Concealment Expert to use it. Thus the Mahan's torpedo is mainly the choice. But you get Hydro for a Destroyer, which created a niche just for you. Verdict : If you are going to get Benson, don't buy Lo Yang. Its like a sidegrade instead of upgrade

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

The only thing that makes Anshan worthy is her special camo that earns 100% more free EXP IMO, which will come in handy for the Missouri quest. :hiding:

Other than that, no. The upcoming Shinonome IJN DD basically wins her out in most cases except economy and gun range.

As of Lo Yang, I'm not sure. The ship seems quite decent but her Hydro seem to be losing its value with so many new things coming around recently.

[-SZY-]
211 posts

The only thing that makes Anshan worthy is her special camo that earns 100% more free EXP IMO, which will come in handy for the Missouri quest. :hiding:

Other than that, no. The upcoming Shinonome IJN DD basically wins her out in most cases except economy and gun range.

As of Lo Yang, I'm not sure. The ship seems quite decent but her Hydro seem to be losing its value with so many new things coming around recently.

Saw her stat as being 9sec rof and 1700 HE damage, she might be the one struggling, unless WG keep her current 2100 HE shell

Sign in to follow this