Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MottoFukaku

Help when it comes to pushing

8 comments in this topic

18 posts
11,940 battles

Me and Bismarck decided to push because there is no enemy DD on this side of the map.

The nearest friendly CA behind me was 3/4 hp while the other two is full hp.

The Fuso's were holding back their shot waiting for a broadside us

What would be your next step when caught in a situation like this?

Would you gamble on a turn or just yolo? Me and the Bismarck died shortly after this screen capture because too much fires.

Here is the image: http://imgur.com/a/VqxmJ

435 posts
6,169 battles

At 15.35 you must have sail straight from your spawning spot, so definitely over extended to soon, in the Fuso best to keep your process in check. At this point I’ve might have turned hard to port and made a run for main island cover, safety first and don’t boldly go (follow the blind).

An old saying for sailors to tell the port side from starboard side:

There always a little bit of port left in the bottle.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

18 posts
11,940 battles

At 15.35 you must have sail straight from your spawning spot, so defiantly over extended to soon

Yes, I did not slow down because Bismarck wasn't and I don't want him left alone in front and I was expecting CAs to support us. Most likely poor decision making from us we did not turn back.

Well he could because turtleback armor, but the other Fuso still hasn't fired his guns and I feared I'll get multiple citadels from him so I just continued pushing with Bisko and then we died.

435 posts
6,169 battles

Yeah split decision, stick with the doom or chance the doom with a turn for survival.   

We’ve all been in this the situation, bugger, ok then, I’ll just keep pushing and wreck as many ships as I can, this never works.

What does work is retreating, repairing and return back into the battle and then having some revenge.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

It's Two Bros.

I never go to the west flank of that map in a BB and rarely with any of the other ships.

The east is just much better cunstructed for aggressive and defensive plays and offers more

options on either.

Meanwhile the west is a giant blob of open and useless SEA.

My favourite BB tactic on this map is to sail towards the mid, turn east along the last strip of

the eastern main island and then pull out from behind it in a position that lets me angle easily while steering away from the enemy/cap at a low speed.

This way I usually have my guns on 1+ broadsiding enemies and in addition can help cap.

Plus, and perhaps more important, I can easily decide whether I want to commit further or go on the defensive.

It's literally the perfect position on that map during early game.

- You're difficult to hit

- There's always targets in your range

- Capable of supporting your allies

- Options to either attack or defend

Edited by Retia

18 posts
11,940 battles

The east is just much better cunstructed for aggressive and defensive plays and offers more

options on either.

I guess I'll go east more often, thanks for this!

124 posts

I'm applying my experience as CC (shaped by the potato meta) to your situation.

If your CC:

1. is scared off by 4 vs 6 situation;

2. and not screening ahead of you despite no enemy DD, even if defensively, i.e. going stealth or evasive;

it's probably not a good idea to push.

When it's too late, I'll bow in to the 2 BBs, slow down and/or reverse, and try to take out a cruiser. At 12km, a cruiser is a juicy opportunity.

If the MM place you on the far end and on the "worst" part of the map, please don't lemming train.

82 posts
2,948 battles

Pushing is good and, all but your friendly cruisers are way too far to even hit the enemy. In that situation tho, i would shamefully go back and shoot rear guns. Nagato's ridiculous amount of hp can take a citadel hit or two while turning, and thats much much better than taking hp% burns (and nagato's armor is strong against fuso, but not satan)

Sign in to follow this