You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xscore

Just a rant

16 comments in this topic

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Recently, I have seen some levels of aut stup idio poor gameplay that should not even be possible.  Here are some examples.

DDs

-Gearing dying while eating two F3 torpedoes in the SAME smoke, from two DIFFERENT spreads.

-Shimakaze sitting still in smoke and eating Cruiser torps (somehow its possible)

-"Lemme use my 20km Shima torps to TK like 2 CAs first before killing the enemy BB I am targeting."

CAs

-YOLO rush cap

-YOLO rush and smoke tactic

-sitting still and firing in smoke, when DD activity is clearly present

BBs

-Oh look, we outnumber enemy ships 2:1, lets flee instead of push so we won't be able to relieve the other flank after pushing past this one and then in late game we can feed the enemy!

-Early game snipe, late game feed tactics

-Totally no idea about how to position and take damage wisely 

-Lack of WASD is one thing, continuing to travel in straight line after a DD pops up is another.

CVs

-Instead of spotting that almost dead DD, just fly my planes past him and farm some damage instead.

These sanity-draining acts really discourage you from playing the game.  Sometimes you can clearly see that your team is going to lose, based on the decisions you see your teammates (esp BBs and DDs, and particularly CVs) make.  

WG how you want me to enjoy gameplay when there are games where you can do literally nothing as a solo player???

/rant

Edited by xscore

341 posts
4,020 battles

There are certain times of the day that seem to consistently bring in players who are willing to coordinate as a team as long as someone can tell them with certainty what to do. I tend to play exclusively at these hours. 3 to 7 pm pacific time on weekdays seems to work for me and I achieve pretty good win rates and damage, often with support from players who are competent or are willing to learn to be competent. Sometimes, you still get team after team of total idiots who barely try to achieve anything, and that is when to maybe take a short break unless you want to focus on improving yourself rather than stetpadding.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

These sanity-draining acts really discourage you from playing the game.  Sometimes you can clearly see that your team is going to lose, based on the decisions you see your teammates (esp BBs and DDs, and particularly CVs) make.  

WG how you want me to enjoy gameplay when there are games where you can do literally nothing as a solo player???

Well I guess this thing is a regular occurrence these days. I don't know what is worse players playing poorly or Players blaming each other for their own mistakes. Like you said cruisers rushing cap, smoking themselves then dying to the Random direction torpedo launched by DD is pretty regular.

And TBH game has become more of a selfish thing I see lot of them playing for themselves other than team. Not that I'm not one of them But When I'm in a DD I always provide smoke cover and help someone who is pushing. 

Other thing I noticed Was I think It was Tears of Desert (Epicenter) DDs just go around the cap circle and sometimes they get lucky by killing a ship and Ultimately lose the battle because he wanted to farm damage. I guess they should remove this Epicenter thing from the game.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Obviously you need to division up, reduce the amount of potatoes from 11 to 9 and increase your chance to win.

At least, that's what everyone has been telling when someone rants about loses.

23 posts
360 battles

Ah, here eat some cupcakes and drink some milk. Some just can't help it tho... I've seen BB's who could have won 1:2 situation and just ram their ship to get a kill and end up losing. Or DD's who would ignore other DD's in some case go "tunnel vision" and get rekt by CV's or even BB's. Or CA/CLs getting sniped to death by BB's. (Happens to me quite a lot every single time I get spotted, all I could say to myself is "It's gonna rain HE shells, ready yourself crew.") And yeah CV's who would just go for BB's then yep as you say ignore the DD's. Sorry to say this but (especially to DD lovers *cough cough*) they're quite like those pesky monsters in RPGs that would appear not just in quantity but would make you yell "Get the ---- out of my way! I've seen you already and killed you for a millionth time!".:izmena:

But in the end, it's an online game. In an area with diverse language. And most of all its Asia.