Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BravaZulu296

What can US tree do that another tree can't do better?

74 comments in this topic

346 posts

Just wondering - what does US tree do better than another tree (AA aside because lack of CV players does make AA useless) This is what I know basing on thing I've read or found in ARMADA videos and wargaming wiki

USN Destroyers - have good guns except Khabarovsk has got better guns because they do more AP damage and have higher chance of fire than gearing and shimakaze has better torps

USN Cruisers - have good guns but IJN have torps and better light on fire chance, Germans have better AP British kill destroyers better soviets have in some cases guns that fire just as fast but with better shell speed and arcs if they don't fire as fast the still have better shell speed and arcs.

USN Battleships - Germans are better at brawling than USN BBs and IJN BBs have better guns with better range and Montana can have her armour penned by cruisers (NC and Iowa can probably get their armour priced too except North carolina's bow taking ability probably neutralises this) In Montana's case her 406mm have lower rate of fire than Grober Kurfust or if gober kurfust has 420mm less damage.And to add to this every other battleship has better dispersion.

USN Carriers - get air supremacy if the IJN CV captains have not heard of barrages or even with barrages There aren't enough squads to intercept all planes but air supremacy is useless because then the team complains of no strike planes or Strike loadout which sucks for not having fighters and too many DBs that can't hit battleships (and i don't know what i'll do if i ever see a squad of DBs miss 7/7 or 6/6 a Grober Kurfust because you just can't miss something that big and the team complains about no fighters anyway) Midway supposedly can't beat Hakuryu if they use the same load out. CV balance load out sucks when compared to IJN strike load out because IJN strike load out is basically an improved balance load out and IJN basic load out is still better in everything tier 8 onwards

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Teach you to appreciate situational awareness, maps and ship strength and weakness. Especially high tier US CA.

146 posts
10,176 battles

I disagree that German cruisers have better AP, at least - there are some exceptions. . .  - For example, I am really struggling to do decent damage with Hipper (enemy has to be side showing nice broadside, which doesn't happen too often at high tiers), whereas New Orleans AP wrecks other cruisers from almost any angle. At Tier 7, Penescola AP is much better than Yorck's.

Not sure about Tiers 9 and 10 though.  

563 posts
4,686 battles

DD : Not the best gunboats, not the best torp boat. But a viable gunboats, and torp boats. They're the most flexible DD. Also they have long duration smoke, perfect for hiding an entire fleet. No bad ship in this line

CA : Might need some help, they're losing their role, but they're still deadly. DM is incredibly annoying in the right circumstances. Bad ship : Pensi, Omaha, Baltimore.....(might need a reload buff)

BB : Somewhere between Brawling and sniping? The high tier has perfect gun placement. Also their deck trolling AP is painful. They also have nice stealth. But they're incredibly fragile when broadside Bad ship : Montana(?), Colorado (?)

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Let me give some of my opinion about each class (except CV cuz i rarely play it).

USN DD - Mediocre in every aspect except relative good torpedoes, high RoF, good concealment and best smoke duration,

When all of this combine make USN become strongest DD nation in competitive game (such as rank) due to the fact that you can fulfill all DD role such as cap and fight off enemy DD while spotting torpedoes and smoke friendly at the same time.

USN CA - Good AP and AA somewhat good concealment but lacking of torpedoes and meh HE, with high RoF in Des Moises you can delete any Cruiser or DD in close range fight combine with radar and good AA USN CA really good companion for other ship but bad HE and low velocity shell really hurt USN CA the most since IJN CA can just burn everyone with 5000 dmg per salvo while you barely to hit long range target and if you did hit anythings it will be 2000-3000 per salvo.

USN BB - Good AA with modern guns layout start from T8 which make bow tanking so effective even USN BB dont have the strongest armor but still really good compare to IJN at the same Tier but against Yamato not much Montana or Iowa can do since 460mm can pent USN BB everywhere and 406mm hardly pent Yamato.      

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

I don't know why people keep saying USN BBs are inferior to other BBs. I feel safer driving a USN BB than any other BB.

Also, I'm one of the very few people who likes USN CVs more than IJN CVs.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I don't know why people keep saying USN BBs are inferior to other BBs.

Just point out 1 USN BB that you think is better than both IJN and KM at the same Tier :trollface:

I'll point out Tier 10 then

Montana - Best AA, 406mm x12, ok mobility

Großer Kurfürst - 420mm x12 when fully upgrade, good secondary, have hydro, strongest armor at close range, bad mobility, bigest size of all

Yamato - 460mm x9 best penetration above all, good secondary, strong armor long/close range, good torpedoes defense, ok mobility

I see no advantage being in Montana :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,371 battles

Hey!!! enough with US Navy haters already

Apart from tier 8-10, i love us BBs, even lolorado

and us bbs still got the best the AA rating

and i rather drive us BS than ijn BB except yamato :P

207 posts
8,188 battles

Montana - Best AA, 406mm x12, ok nice mobility, Best concealment for T10, Fast Turret Traverse Speed, much better accuracy than GK... :trollface:

FTFY :trollface:

Edited by Gesterbein

440 posts
3,379 battles

(I'm still in NO so this is as far as I know, and I'm just going to talk about cruisers), the usn cruisers have a quite interesting autobounce angle, when you're against an enemy cruiser you can just pull the brakes and shoot him everytime he swings his ship, the he shell although quite generic at least they still can annoy battleships (not so much annoyance from t7-9 usn ca with their 10+ reload time). Usn bb and ca also have their main firepower mostly on the front so you can go bow in to ricochet shots.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

USN Destroyer :
1. gearing can decimate kebab in close range battle

2. gearing and fletcher torp are MILES BETTER than kagero/shima torp

3. Fletcher is undeniable best tier 9 DD

USN cruisers

1. they are master of CQC

2. no other cruiser can match what DM can do in CQC

3. KM CA has faster AP shell? DM and balti has "LOL, what is angle" penetrating AP shell.

4. Best AA ofcourse,

5. Longest Radar active time (DM 40 sec radar + 9shell every 6 sec for lolz)

USN BB

1. has MURICAN AP. 

2. Drag Race master (33 knotz iowa)

3. Best AA ofc

4. Good Sigma

5. don't u know that 406mm USN AP has more damage (and better pen power) than their 406/410mm counterpart?

USN CV

1. bogue/langley is better at low tier

2. saipan is GG cuz GG T9 plane in t7 sheep

3. USN DB, "what is DFAA?

4. GG fighter Ammo

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

USN Destroyer :

1. gearing can decimate kebab in close range battle

2. gearing and fletcher torp are MILES BETTER than kagero/shima torp

3. Fletcher is undeniable best tier 9 DD

USN cruisers

1. they are master of CQC

2. no other cruiser can match what DM can do in CQC

3. KM CA has faster AP shell? DM and balti has "LOL, what is angle" penetrating AP shell.

4. Best AA ofcourse,

5. Longest Radar active time (DM 40 sec radar + 9shell every 6 sec for lolz)

USN BB

1. has MURICAN AP. 

2. Drag Race master (33 knotz iowa)

3. Best AA ofc

4. Good Sigma

5. don't u know that 406mm USN AP has more damage (and better pen power) than their 406/410mm counterpart?

USN CV

1. bogue/langley is better at low tier

2. saipan is GG cuz GG T9 plane in t7 sheep

3. USN DB, "what is DFAA?

4. GG fighter Ammo

Someone did her homework :D +1

Sign in to follow this