Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sagaras_

Epicenter kinda pointless at tier 8-10

22 comments in this topic

14 posts

Is it me or is it epicenter is meh and pointless at high tiers? Its an absurd island camp fest, you have to rely on destroyers and sneaky cruisers to spot for you, while the enemy team does the same :/

783 posts
4,819 battles

I think it is mainly because of the map chosen.

In High Tiers, the most likely chosen map to be epicenter would be Tears of the Desert if I remember correctly. (are there others?)

It doesn't help that the second circle complete encompasses the islands which really really encourages camping.
I believe it's more a problem of the map rather than the meta at high tier. (at least for now)

Have a T8-10 match Epicenter at Two Brothers and we'll see~ :red_button:

Super Tester
419 posts
4,217 battles

I think it is mainly because of the map chosen.

In High Tiers, the most likely chosen map to be epicenter would be Tears of the Desert if I remember correctly. (are there others?)

It doesn't help that the second circle complete encompasses the islands which really really encourages camping.

I believe it's more a problem of the map rather than the meta at high tier. (at least for now)

Have a T8-10 match Epicenter at Two Brothers and we'll see~ :red_button:

They wouldn't even bother to leave the base .....

Probably need a map with some kind of island in middle area that can block shell but allow close quarter gunfight, since at high tier cruiser dont dare to try and contest the inner most circle since they would undoubtedly get spot and rekt.

Without cruiser the DD would less likely to play agressive since they have little support.

I have a map idea that look like this

D4pN4CU.png

grey part is low, you have vision far over it, brow part is high island where even with atlanta level arc only have certain point to shoot over, the middle will be intense fight to control the camp spot on opposite side by DD supported by cruiser. BB move in from flank and the big island make sure no sniper can participate in the fight make them have to push in with team instead. This way everyone have a play ground. In this map if you want cover you relinquish your ability to attack and vice versa

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I see this is valid issue for high tier battle where the DD just torp spam for luck & ship sniping, please reconsider limit it up to mid tier.

Gods no, keep that at high tiers, don't pollute the (currently matchmaking screwed) fun mid tiers and drag it into your dirt. :P

Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Really? I like epicenter for high tiers. They might camp in islands for few moments but sooner or later they will move out and engage or run away to the edge of the map--resulting in their loss. Epicenter is 100x better than domination. People have no idea how to properly play domination.

112 posts
5,463 battles

I'm one of those wierdos that doesn't mind epicentre. 

I mean, it's not as good as domination but it's a slightly more interesting version of standard battle at least. 

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Epicenter requires really good team players. Not only rely on destroyers. Imagine IJN DD vs USN DD. Without your support. They be dead if they are capping the center alone while the team at the back camping. When im in epicenter in IJN DD. I always ask for support. Mostly RN CL support cause they have best concealment nor other DD.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

They wouldn't even bother to leave the base .....

Probably need a map with some kind of island in middle area that can block shell but allow close quarter gunfight, since at high tier cruiser dont dare to try and contest the inner most circle since they would undoubtedly get spot and rekt.

Without cruiser the DD would less likely to play agressive since they have little support.

I have a map idea that look like this

D4pN4CU.png

grey part is low, you have vision far over it, brow part is high island where even with atlanta level arc only have certain point to shoot over, the middle will be intense fight to control the camp spot on opposite side by DD supported by cruiser. BB move in from flank and the big island make sure no sniper can participate in the fight make them have to push in with team instead. This way everyone have a play ground. In this map if you want cover you relinquish your ability to attack and vice versa

Knowing the community most of the battle will be on the edge of the map 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Really? I like epicenter for high tiers. They might camp in islands for few moments but sooner or later they will move out and engage or run away to the edge of the map--resulting in their loss. Epicenter is 100x better than domination. People have no idea how to properly play domination.

That's great, and since you like it so much on high tiers it might aswell just stay there.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Epicenter has two big rewards. huge xp boost, and you learn l lot about engagement and map tactics, since you are forced to camp, you find the optimal positioning.

Campfest ftw, tganks wg.

[SXLCE]
40 posts
3,277 battles

I love epicentre. I got like 2500 exp by just staying in the cap and do nothing. It's easy exp especially if you're a dd and win.

[-SZY-]
211 posts

How about epicenter on ocean. We will have no issues with terrain encouraging camping, simply because there is no terrain.

Instead of camping, people just don't shoot anymore to be in concealment

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

One game, theres Fletcher that intantly smoke after near inner circle, allowing us cruiser (me in zao and a neptune) to move closer. our fletcher and gearing then move forward and spot enemy DD.

those 2 enemy DD were 8km from our position, and got sunk in seconds - soon afteer we need to vacate the smoke because intense torps, the neptune dead, but I managed to sunk  enemy hipper that try to help his dd div mates while retreating behind island. Both DD play well and we won the game easily

Few games after, its another epicenter. our fubuki is closest to cap - 2 other dd were spawned far away, as the circl become red and red - the fubuki proceed to stay out of inner circle and headed to edge of the map. to try stealh torping an iowa and kurfurst. our teamates say, why the hell u dont cap fubuki, proceed with few chat from other "stupid fubuki" and Idiot. fubuki reply "Fubuki is torpedo boat" then proceed spamming chat with ping.

at that moment I remember,  why I hate this mode 

Edited by humusz

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

the fubuki proceed to stay out of inner circle and headed to edge of the map

Story of IJN DDs in T8-T10 matches. No matter how much disadvantage they give to the team, they just want to stealth torp enemies. 

Agreed to what OP said, thing is Epicenter is a fail and it is really hard to play with because of mentality of individual players. It has been like a month or so, players are still derping around the Circle. I mean It is best to remove it completely from the game (It is my opinion).

Sign in to follow this