Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Brendoonigan

Is there something wrong with MM?

15 comments in this topic

783 posts
4,821 battles

IIRC The rule was you can't be bottom tier(or top tier) 4 times in a row.

So if the other games have T5/6/7, then the counter is resetted.

Edited by SZYZWY

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

IIRC The rule was you can't be bottom tier(or top tier) 4 times in a row.

So if the other games have T5/6/7, then the counter is resetted.

nope all tier 6, different ships but tier 6's all of them. :( It's killing my Leander and Perth!

12 games now and still just the 1 as top tier!

hang on, are you saying that if i'm in a tier 7 match with tier 5's it counts as being a reset? 

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan

783 posts
4,821 battles

nope all tier 6, different ships but tier 6's all of them. :( It's killing my Leander and Perth!

Then it's simply luck~

Tier 5 and Tier 6 often see Tier 7 and 8 respectively.

No MM rule is being broken if that is the case.

(and I meant T5/T6/T7 as a match including your T6. So both top tier and bottom tier counters are reset whenever you have a match like that.)

Edited by SZYZWY

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Another MM post.., I think WG should really consider changing this BS MM back. Not like there are only 1k players playing this game and Queue takes like one hour. I don't think it was like this when I joined the game (maybe 5 months ago) it took same time like now to join the battle. There was no need to change MM. If it was for T4 and T3 then they should have changed for those tiers. And I don't think there can be any limit for battles where you can be low tier. 

And I guess I'm slowly changing into Anti +2 MM player. Because For me it is like everytime Not that I'm gonna start posting about that but it is still Shhhiiiii....... Being Highest tier also doesn't help because team just dies in 6mins. New player's Motto "Run in there get one shotted and cry about it" Or Get focused by enemy CV and die "CV you're sooo shit!!!"

Wow I just got off the topic. Conclusion is this MM needs to be Worked on or Reverted back

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

I don't mind like most people being bottom/mid tier, but 1 in 12 for top tier is the worst I've ever had over the 1000 games i've played. I've never come close to experiencing this before.

Hence why i'm wondering if there was something wierd/wrong with it tonight.

783 posts
4,821 battles

I've been bottom tier maybe 6 times in a row. I don't suppose a limit exists...

Only way I can explain is in one of those 6 times, you were mid tier.

Because MM rules doesn't allow a player to be queued 4+ times being bottom tier or top tier in a row.

I don't mind like most people being bottom/mid tier, but 1 in 12 for top tier is the worst I've ever had over the 1000 games i've played. I've never come close to experiencing this before.

Hence why i'm wondering if there was something wierd/wrong with it tonight.

Just clarifying that it is simply luck that got you the bad MM shuffle~ :hiding:

EDIT: (And yeah, since the MM changes, T5 and T6 get bottom tier moreso than usual as a natural effect of preferential MM for T3/4. Just have to keep that in mind and 'try' to deal with it until MM changes are made once again.)

Edited by SZYZWY

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Only way I can explain is in one of those 6 times, you were mid tier.

Because MM rules doesn't allow a player to be queued 4+ times being bottom tier or top tier in a row.

Just clarifying that it is simply luck that got you the bad MM shuffle~ :hiding:

If that is the case - it be suck city for me tonight... lol

I think it's payback for sitting on a 73% WR today before this run occured... O well I'll just have to find a nasty destroyer to take it out on... :playing:

BB's are to big for my RN cruisers... run, run away! 

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Just the inevitable consequence of not addressing the proportionality aspect of MM.

Wrote about it in Alpha and beta, and god knows how often in WoT.

WG largely doesn't care how often you're bottom tier; for all we know, they think it 'inspires' people to spend money to get to tier 9 where worst case is being middle tier.

Don't expect them to change it; they've shown no history of doing so, other than changing the queue display in WoT years back to stop people getting top tier 'too often'. Funny, isn't it? You can get bottom tier 60+% of your battles and that's fine, but they have a view on what constitutes top tier 'too often'.

Nice to know one can pop back to the forum just for lols ever 6 months and know MM will remain a topic.

346 posts

Yes, MM does have an issue at the moment but War Gaming currently have more important things to worry about. *Cough Cough USN CV line*

I don't know what you all think but I think MM fix is the best buff for CV that way low reserve CVs (independence and ryujo)  don't rock up in tier 6-8 battles where nearly every cruiser has Def fire and Tirpitz AA goes from crap to beast.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I don't know what you all think but I think MM fix is the best buff for CV that way low reserve CVs (independence and ryujo)  don't rock up in tier 6-8 battles where nearly every cruiser has Def fire and Tirpitz AA goes from crap to beast.

Even if they fix MM, USN CV is still trash compared to the IJN CV

Sign in to follow this