You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

[unconfirmed] new skill tree?

66 comments in this topic

1,125 posts

just found this in you tube

my point is.... it's come in 'pair'

so my guess is, you can only pick one and loose the other... just like in Mass Effect 3 skill

many useful skill is on level 2 and 3 ... I bet WG is aim for more accessibility than heavy grind...

whatever, it's unconfirmed anyway. may be it's just all make up for a joke by someone etc...

Edited by PGM991

Super Tester
234 posts
5,881 battles

i read somewhere that the max points for captain is now 16 instead of 19 and you might be able to convert commander xps from 1 commander to another if you reach 16 points 

403 posts
8,180 battles

So far I have only seen the pics on the leak site, and the skills look great. As much as I am against skill lockout (choosing 1 will prevent you from choosing the other in the category), however this will be implemented will be interesting

119 posts
2,071 battles

With the obvious disclaimer that this info has come from the chinese server and could mean nothing etc etc etc

Some of these are real improvements for some builds and sound great.

I especially like:

• On the mark - Will be good to know how many people are eyeing me up 
  • Fog expert - the Brits will love this especially
  • Evasive Manoeuvrer - will make sniping CV's easier when map hugging
  • Two is better than one - This could really help AA weak ships who get a fighter aircraft to make up for this - I am thinking the Japanese cruisers for instance?

I don't like the following - they don't really seem useful or just silly:

• Preventative maintenance - I could be wrong, but in my opinion there isn't a ship that needs a module so badly that it cant use existing upgrades to protect, or can't use a repair to fix when broken enough to justify this. Feel free to flame if incorrect?
  • Last chance - Doesnt seem to give enough of a buff to justify
  • Fiery take off - If your CV is burning already and you don't have your repair cool down ready, chances are you probably aren't going to last long enough to survive anyway. Trying desperately to kill that rushing DD with you DB might work 1% of the time, but seems very situational and again, not worth the points
  • HEAP - Who wants penetrating HE without the fire? Again, feel free to flame if wrong, but if you are firing HE anyway you are firing at DD or lightly armored cruisers.  I would much rather slightly less damage but fires etc combined with the module damage rather than a little bit more damage and no fire. When you fire HE at a DD and break his engine, its brilliant watching him burn his repair to get his engine/guns etc back up only to smack him again and cause a fire. Would much rather this than slightly more damage. Also a 4 pointer? LOL. EDIT: was thinking about this whilst eating my lunch (Nom) - this would be effective if they changed the shell damage types to be more inline with WOT - AP does a set amount of damage, but HE offers higher damage IF it pens? Think like KV2? However, if HE/AP stays the same then my point stands.
  • Keen Intuition - Completely breaks stealth DD games as currently written. See disclaimer before rage.

Anyway, thats my thoughts. Included below is the picture and the link for those who are wondering what we are on about. Apparently WG doesnt like the link or site. Well, google. Its what I did. Sorry. 

I am not sure how I feel about the skill points cap being reduced, or being forced to take one from each line. On one hand, an 18 point captain will always wreck the same ship with a 3 point captain, no matter the player. This is similar in WOT where the well trained, experienced players will always farm the 50% newbies which doesn't seem fair. On the other hand, I feel that WOWS/WOT needs something to keep driving the grind on otherwise what is the point. I also like the diversity that the different skills create. Interesting though WG, interesting.

Edited by Karrick

683 posts
7,345 battles

I haven't really watch through iChase's video (will do that when I have wifi access), I explore the new skill tree with screenshot :P Well, this looks nice, but I do hope they don't cap the skill points anymore lower. I already have one captain with 18 points, and I bought GK premium camo, as part of the reason I wanna train him up to 18 points easier (Now at 16 points).

Not too sure about the skill lockout.. I mean, in WOTs... Well, everyone is a tank (ok except artillery).. I never play it before, but from videos I noticed concealment might not play as an important role as in WOWs, maybe because WOT has better terrain variety for hide and seek.

Oh back to topic. I do hope the lockup stills won't cripple any important spec for each class of ships..

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,638 battles

15095630_1195297960554219_21928580209117

1.) You can train the captain with free exp:

2.) Missouri has radar added (35 second duration, appears to be the same as Baltimore’s) and rudder shift reduced to 19.4 seconds
3.) New skills (max point limit for skills is now 4, all 5-point skills reworked to lower point values):

Thanks to Urakaze for compiling.

1st Row skills:

Defense tree
-On the mark, shows the number of enemies aiming at you
-Preventive maintenance, -30% chance of module incapacitation

Offense tree
-Expert loader, -50% to ammo swap speed
-Aircraft servicing expert, -10% to servicing time of carrier-based aircrafts, +5% to HP of carrier-based aircrafts

Support tree
-Smoke for the god of fog. +20% to smoke screen radius
-Dogfight, +10% to fighter’s loadout, +10% per tier to DPS dealt towards fighters of a higher tier

Special Ops tree
-Incoming fire alert, alerts player of incoming long range enemy fire (with a shell flight time >6 seconds)
-Evasive maneuver, -40% to detectability of carrier-based bombers returning to carrier, +15% to survivability of carrier-based bombers returning to carrier, -10% to max speed of carrier-based bombers returning to carrier (debuff)

2nd row skills:
Defense tree
-Basics of survivability, -15% to time of firefighting, recovery from flooding and module incapacitations
-Jack of all trades, -5% to consumables reload rate

Offense tree
-Torpedo Acceleration, +5 knots to torpedo speed, -20% to torpedo range
-Expert marksman, +2.5°/sec to traverse speed of guns with caliber up to 139mm. +0.7°/sec to traverse speed of guns with caliber above 139mm

Support tree
-Two is better, sends 2 catapult fighters or spotter plane per activation of the consumable, +20% cruise speed of catapult aircraft
-Expert rear gunner, +10% to DPS of self-defence armament for aircraft with rear gunner(s)

Special Ops tree
Last Chance, -0.1% of reload time for all weapons per 1% HP loss
-Last Stand, allows ship to maneuver with incapacitated rudder and engine

3rd row skills:
Defense tree
-Firefighters, -7% to risk of fire
-High alert, -10% to reload time of damage control party

Offense tree
-Torpedo experts, -10% to reload time of torpedoes, -20% to servicing time of carrier-based torpedo bombers
-Firey takeoff, allows planes to take off and land even when the carrier deck is on fire

Support tree 
-Basic fire training, -10% to reload time of all secondaries and main guns with caliber up to and including 139mm, +20% to DPS of AA guns
-Superintendent, +1 charge to all consumables

Special Ops tree
-Demolition Expert, +3% to chance of fire for HE shells and bombs
-Vigilance, +25% to detection range of enemy torpedoes

4th row skills:
Defense tree:
-Manual fire control for secondary armament, fires only at manually selected targets, -15% to dispersion of secondaries of Tier I-VI ships, -60% to dispersion of secondaries of Tier VII-X ships
-Survival Expert, +400 HP per ship tier

Offense tree:
-HEAP (High-Explosive-Armour-Piercing), +25% of penetration for main and secondary gun HE shells , -6% of chance of fire for main and secondary gun HE shells
-Air Supremacy, +1 fighter per squadron, +1 dive bomber per squadron

Support tree:
-Advanced fire training, +20% to firing range of all secondary guns and main guns with a caliber of up to 139mm, +20% to firing range of AA guns
-Manual fire control for AA armament, fires only at manually selected targets, +100% DPS of AA guns with a caliber of 85mm or above

Special Ops tree:
-Keen Intuition, displays, only to you, the direction of the nearest enemy to your ship, even if the enemies are not spotted
-Concealment Expert, -16% detectability of CVs, -14% detectability of BBs, -12% detectability of CA/CLs, -10% detectability of DDs

345 posts
3,652 battles

Keen Intuition and Two is Better should be removed. They will make the IJN DDs that i really enjoy even at it's current state even more useless. 

Edited by Loshirai14

266 posts
5,142 battles

The only thing I hate from this (supposedly) new skill tree is the Keen Intuition. It will make stealth torps and ambushes almost impossible. And if you have a div you can even pinpoint the exact location of enemy ship. I really hope this skill stays a rumor and won't make it to live server.

Aside from that, I'm liking the looks of it. Khaba build with AFT + DE + SE + CE? Guhehehe... :trollface:

1,125 posts

if it use lock out system (pick one lose the other in each pair) it would make a lot of sense in some way,

I mean... you can't have all the good stuff, you have to choose.

like to have faster gun traverse? you have to let go off torpedo expert or vise versa

like to spot torpedo earlier? you have to let go off demo-expert or vise versa

like to have keen intuition? you have to let go Concealment expert or vise versa

etc etc etc

Super Tester
223 posts
3,340 battles

that Keen intuition, with the current description, it's just way too OP

if it works like, you know, Target Acquisition Mod and of course, stack-able, it would be more balanced IMO

but aside from that, if this is real, this could possibly open many new builds?

23 posts
360 battles

If they implement those skills and the "Lockout" skill system... As I understood it, it means for each stage you'll be able to pick 4 skills, one from each of the types. Well 16 points are gonna be tight but doable I guess, getting one skill from each stage will need 10 points already leaving 6 points left to use if they follow the existing skill point allocation system. Though there's a chance they'll change the point allocation system or just raise the cap, maybe 20?

Some of the new skills and old needs to be redone. Such as:

- Firefighting > 7% for 3 points is too low?

- Last Chance > 1% HP for 1% reload buff, change it to something else. Tho DD's gonna love having this. Pew-pew Gun + HE + HEAP + FFFG. Prepare the bonfires.

- Fog for Fog God > Really 20% more radius? It's too much for a skill that can be taken early on. 10% might be good.

- Two is Better > Can't argue with the name but lower it down 10%. Or change it to something else.

- HEAP > -6% chance of causing fire and +25 Pen for HE (if I understood it correct) + Demo expert (+3%) = -3% chance to lit a bonfire and +25 Pen for HE. More citadel hit with a bit of fire (again if I understood it correctly).

- Keen Intuition > Make it by chance to trigger it or something. Even if only you're the only one who sees it. With the current description its easy to abuse. You got it + Allies got it = ambush fail rate 0.

Other than those some are gonna be good combo: CV with Evasive Maneuver (Squadron surviving means more chance to do damage) + Firey Takeoff (tho take off only, still adds a bit of survival to CV) + Keen Intuition + On the Mark (Poi, it will hurt you.)

Edited by Ynzem

119 posts
2,071 battles

(Poi, it will hurt you.)

I wanted to rage at you so much for your choice of font and colour. 

Then you said Poi, and all was forgiven... 

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,379 battles

this is the original site i believe

https://sea-group.org/?p=1769&lang=en#4-7

keen intuition -> byebye DD, your conceament means nothing now, ridiculous

fog god -> don't need more smoke, enough smoke in the game already

tier 4 kind of frustrating, hafta to choose between CE and AFT now, and there's that KI thingy

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Just going to see when it actually come out, many questionable skills (2 catapult lol, BoS at 3 point ?? lol) but somewhat good change in some skills.

and seem like Keen Intuition going to be new must have skill for DD players, well lets see how things going to changes :trollface:

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

When you fire HE at a DD and break his engine, its brilliant watching him burn his repair to get his engine/guns etc back up only to smack him again and cause a fire. .

Or be a BB and smack some AP into that DD once or twice to make the captain regret coming too close.

331 posts
17,063 battles

I think its a wait and see time.

Some of these skills are so unbaanlced that they shouldn't be there as they would wreck the balance hopefully they will see that

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Pros:
Good revamp for Last Chance, finally worth getting
Jack of all trades at tier 2 making it worth getting

Cons:

Dogfight +10% fighter loadout? What?
secondary build is now quite expensive in captain points
still not remove Air Supremacy
HEAP? Who the [content removed] wants that? Max damage of HE is low anyway, why bother making it penetrate?
Keen Intuition is a big [content removed] joke
Two is better? two more super magical scout floatplanes riding on broomsticks that can "panic" and entire 7-plane squadron. no pls
Fiery takeoff, very situational and mostly useless. Another "skip this skill" very expensive 3 captain points.

Entirely, this rumor is [content removed]. Thankfully, it's only rumor, hopefully.

Profanity. Post edited. Warning issued.

Twisted0ne

Edited by Twisted0ne