Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Onofre

Very Expensive Tier 7 and 8

23 comments in this topic

7 posts
3,225 battles

Ive only gotten as far as Tier 8 New Orleans. I manage to get by a game with say 10% damage. What gets me is the after game ship maintenance costing me over 60k credits. Im going poor playing this ship. Is there something wrong with the formula that the developers haven't noticed? Why cant they do something about it? Anybody else notice this?

353 posts
5,012 battles

whats your profit and loss for tier 7? 50%-er wr should at least break even on tier 7.

the profit zone is tier 4 and 6

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles

Profit zone is up to T8 now after the last economy patch. If you are not making profit, make sure you are actually doing something in the game. Winrate is not related to that directly, you have to do damage.

353 posts
5,012 battles

the game economy changes actually is very helpful to average players like me

its so much harder to make a loss.

the only gripe i have is the no compensation given for tk-ed players

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Nah the New Orleans is good, you need to send AP into more squishy atagos or set more fires, I can usually get around 30k profit from a semi-decent game in the NO.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Maintenance is now a flat fee regardless of how much damage you take. If you're not breaking even or turning a profit with a surface combatant at t7/t8, you need to be putting out more damage and playing more aggressively in general.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Profit zone is up to T8 now after the last economy patch. If you are not making profit, make sure you are actually doing something in the game. Winrate is not related to that directly, you have to do damage.

This ^^ Until you do something you wont gain anything from T8-T10. And If you are struggling with that ship try to go down some tiers and and try to sort out what is the problem. And I think you'll earn like 10k or something when you do like 55k damage. Because for BBs it is like 75k damage to gain 10k without premium.(It is approx. so don't take it seriously) 

Looking at your stats, I can see your problem Your stats look like mine when I was around 1k - 1.5k battles. You need to do more damage per game you must average 35k-45k damage per day in lower tiers and your problems at high tiers will vanish in no time. I hope this will help you.

Regards

Once a player like you.

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

T8 you should make profit on comfortably still. The New Orleans is a harder ship than some to master though, lack of range, citadels that explode when a wave hits them.

But when you get into range and position its HE/AP will wreck enemy ships, light Yamato's and then watch them burn your way to 100k damage.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Ive only gotten as far as Tier 8 New Orleans. I manage to get by a game with say 10% damage. What gets me is the after game ship maintenance costing me over 60k credits. Im going poor playing this ship. Is there something wrong with the formula that the developers haven't noticed? Why cant they do something about it? Anybody else notice this?

The ship's maintenance price is fixed per battle. Regardless of you have 30%, 70%, or even 100% HP left (because of campers), the price is full.

So damage a lot before you died carrying.

Edited by Mingfang47

[LBAS]
4,472 posts
25,644 battles

60k OMG, before 0.5.12 repair bill is 100k. It cheaps

[CLAY]
57 posts
5,127 battles

Can confirm. Breaking even at tier 10 with yamato. Doing 100k dmg + death + repair costs = results with roughly 10-15k credits earned with no premium.....with premium about 200k credits...dunno how that works tho.

Just keep dealing damage to the opposing team and you will see your account increase.

1,386 posts
8,230 battles

With the new economy system, repair fee is fixed, so don't just think about preserving your HP. Use your HP to do things, like doing damage, spotting, capping, evading shells (yes, taking damage makes credits now, just evade the shells coming at you and you get more potential damage counts, which makes more credits).

I can make slight profit using my Bismarck, with -10% repair fee camouflage, two 22500 credit consumables and no premium account. I play average and deals an average of about 70k damage using Bismarck.

If you are still having a bad time on economy, don't forget the signal flags. Zulu gives you extra credits and India Bravo Terrathree reduces your repair fee.

Getting a premium account helps a lot.

Edited by _Halcyon

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I generally get around 80k damage in my North Carolina per game which generally gives me a profit of 5000 credits? Maybe some more if I earn badges such as high caliber and confederate. But I also have the -20% post battle repair cost flag which significantly helped my economy

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles

I use 3-4 premium consumables per T8 ship, and usually play like a scrub, and still I don't lose credits in T8s anymore. In T9, sometimes I lose but that is like -10k with, again, some 2-3 premium consumables. If I didn't use them I would have earned quite a lot more. But usually once you go up the tiers and grinding, you wont need credits frequently, because the grinds take longer and longer. And just by doing the mission, events and that try your 5 flag thing, you can get credits.

7 posts
3,225 battles

So, after ranting on this thread I decided to listen to all of your advice. I have started playing more aggressively, capturing the ABC's, zipping through the map, going for those close range fights, and lo and behold, I am now raking in serious cash. Minimum 40k regardless if I have a kill or not. I am even making money even if my ship gets sunk. I guess this is the incentive to play and accomplish objectives of the game rather than stay safe out of range and take cheap shots at the enemy. Well done WG

[-SZY-]
211 posts

If you are hitting the economy wall, its a good time to explore new line, adding experience and variety on your playstyle, improving current skill, understanding the the other ship playstyle weakness and strength.

To sum up going other line is good

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Deal at least 100% of your ship's total HP in damage and you'll not need to worry about credits.

except when you accidentally detonate a DD

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Sheesh getting detonated at the start in high tiers is not fun with the massive credit loss... but at least you can earn it back in just a single tier 5 game so... economy is pretty good imo.

Sign in to follow this