You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

I think the Yamato guns needs a few nerf.

24 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

So I've been playing the North Carolina lately and I get in tier 10 matches about 30-40% of the times. Well, let me say that I can handle tier 9 and 1 ships decently well... except for the Yamato or Noobmato as I call it when I get frustrated. I feel like her guns needs some re-balancing because they seems a bit ridiculous right now. She have the best sigma value in the game (2.1) and I think that she doesn't really deserve it. When you think about it, she already have the best guns in the game that hits hard, she also have excellent armor as I always have to fire HE on her because she tank AP shells like no tomorrow, AA is some what irrelevant because lack of CV. And she is at a modest size as well, not huge like the Grosser Kurfust. She also have the most game breaking overpowered torpedo belt... 51% damage reduction, War Gaming, are you OK ?In the end I believe that she is a very very potent ship and I can understand why she's loved. But in the end her guns seems to perform too well and needs re-balancing. I've been hit by 3 shells from one turret of a Yamato 19km away multiple times, now that's what I called overpowered. Her guns also have a very generous 30 seconds reload as well, lower than Grosser Kurfurst 2nd set of guns... really ? I also want her guns to be nerfed because why the [redacted] is a tier 10 ship that is meant for brawling sitting 20 km away from the frontline when lower tier battleships are tanking for them ? What a waste of armor, HP, secondaries and torpedo belt. That type of gameplay is not skillful because literally all you do is click and get rewarded.

My suggestion:
1. Reduce sigma value and give it to Montana, she needs it more than Yamato
2. Increase reload time to 35 seconds

3. Both

I understand why people likes the Yamato but when you a ship being so good to the point that you don't have to move out of spawn to get rewarded with ribbons and lots of damage, that ship needs fixing. 

Guys, please correct me if I am wrong as well

Also, I will be waiting for her fanboys to complain how she is unbeatable :hiding:

Edited by silenthunter19944

Super Tester
1,310 posts

My suggestion:

3. Both

sure.. BOTH will do. but, dont forget to :

1. decrease montana and GK main turrets by 1 each and give it to yamato (so yamato can carry 5 turrets) 

2. decrease montana and GK turrets rotation rate to 2.5 degree/sec

3. of couse BOTH is a must

Also, I will be waiting for her fanboys to complain how she is unbeatable :hiding:

HnlFezD.jpg

Edited by ReNation

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

So let me get this straight.

You want a Tier 10 Battleship nerfed because it kills Tier 8 Battleships well?

No, I want a tier 10 battleship that does not use a tier 8 battleship as its meat shield and can reliably hits target with its amazing guns 21 km whilst tanking all kind of damage being returned 

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

No, I want a tier 10 battleship that does not use a tier 8 battleship as its meat shield and can reliably hits target with its amazing guns 21 km whilst tanking all kind of damage being returned 

so basically you want to nerf 'camping yamatos'?

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

The Yamato herself didn't do anything wrong. it's the players that don't wanna waste too much credits for her repair bill. She has to have higher sigma value to compensate for her only has 3 turrets while Montana and GK has 4 turrets. Reduce her Sigma value and increase reload time then what does she have left anyway? Her Armour which her players themselves would rather avoid combat than to be sunk without doing anything and have to pay for her hefty repair bill? I don't think so.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

yes, i want Yamato contributing in pushes, not sniping

Ok.

Then reduce Yamato's huge citadel size. (Montana is getting her's reduced in the future)

Buff her frontal citadel bulkhead by changing its citadel shape so it doesn't get lolcitadeled under Turret No. 1 i.e. Change the frontal citadel shaped from a Pike Shape to a Box Shaped citadel so you can actually angle as a Yamato. (Even though this goes against her armour design scheme)

Buff her turret rotation speed from 72s for 180 degrees to 40s for 180 degrees rotation to help in close quarter engagements.

Buff her acceleration and deceleration speeds.

Yamato can not push because

1) Slow turret rotations.

2) Poor maneuverability (Montana is much more mobile, and GK is very tanky)

3) Fire spam

4) Poor citadel protection (Unlike GK, which can go broadside and not get punished)

Yamato is all about her guns.

If you want maneuverability, there's Montana.

For armour, there's GK and her turtleback.

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

It's right where it should be. As far as I experienced, I find G.Kurfust far more intimidating than a yamato, honestly.

Like they said, yamato is all about guns and her armor isn't really the best. she used to be CV pinata but now CVs are almost extinct so they have 1 weakness gone.

No, I want a tier 10 battleship that does not use a tier 8 battleship as its meat shield

It's the fault of the meta, not the ship alone. I still lead flanks when I play yamato so it's more of the player attitude.

a ship that should be nerfed is the zao that ship is more annoing then yamato yamato i can see zoa i can not

Yes Zao should be fkin nerfed. WHere is ZAO nerf? that ship is super OP, has 100% chance of fire/salvo and can kill Yamato undetected with impunity. A lot more ships need nerf more than a properly working  yamato.

435 posts
6,169 battles

Yes Zao should be fkin nerfed. WHere is ZAO nerf? that ship is super OP, has 100% chance of fire/salvo and can kill Yamato undetected with impunity. A lot more ships need nerf more than a properly working  yamato

Never going to happen, especially now with users paying 5000 doubloons (real money) for tier 10 premium camo.

Even with the agreement it would very hard for WG to convince Judge Judy that it’s fair to sell camo for a ship (digital product) in one current state and only too undermined that state later.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

496 posts
4,171 battles

So I've been playing the North Carolina lately and I get in tier 10 matches about 30-40% of the times. Well, let me say that I can handle tier 9 and 1 ships decently well... except for the Yamato or Noobmato as I call it when I get frustrated. I feel like her guns needs some re-balancing because they seems a bit ridiculous right now. She have the best sigma value in the game (2.1) and I think that she doesn't really deserve it. When you think about it, she already have the best guns in the game that hits hard, she also have excellent armor as I always have to fire HE on her because she tank AP shells like no tomorrow, AA is some what irrelevant because lack of CV. And she is at a modest size as well, not huge like the Grosser Kurfust. She also have the most game breaking overpowered torpedo belt... 51% damage reduction, War Gaming, are you OK ?In the end I believe that she is a very very potent ship and I can understand why she's loved. But in the end her guns seems to perform too well and needs re-balancing. I've been hit by 3 shells from one turret of a Yamato 19km away multiple times, now that's what I called overpowered. Her guns also have a very generous 30 seconds reload as well, lower than Grosser Kurfurst 2nd set of guns... really ? I also want her guns to be nerfed because why the [redacted] is a tier 10 ship that is meant for brawling sitting 20 km away from the frontline when lower tier battleships are tanking for them ? What a waste of armor, HP, secondaries and torpedo belt. That type of gameplay is not skillful because literally all you do is click and get rewarded.

My suggestion:

3. Both

I understand why people likes the Yamato but when you a ship being so good to the point that you don't have to move out of spawn to get rewarded with ribbons and lots of damage, that ship needs fixing. 

Guys, please correct me if I am wrong as well

The great yamato has her weaknesses...... mainly Fire, i was ablt to set 4 fires on a yamato in 3-4 salvos.... in a Zao , but basically what you should do is burn it down......

but honestly when you compare yamato to montana or kurfurst , i find kurfurst very dangerous.....

i only see yamato 's advantage are dem guns why nerf those guns?

a ship that should be nerfed is the zao that ship is more annoing then yamato yamato i can see zoa i can not

As a Zao player i agree zao is more annoying than a Yamato in some areas, 15.5km with max concealment consumables n skills, it isnt that bad 15.5km in tier9-10 games, and the recon plane have 3 minute + reload even its premium so its not really that OP...... Zao's fire rate is about 28% - 30% is alot but i sometimes still doesnt inflict fire after 5 full salvo its more rng there....

oh and Zao has no radar -_-

1c1.jpg

and i hate cyclones.... no radar = death

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

I get your rant but nerfing Yamato isn't right because of camping. There are some who do the tanking and being a meatshield if allied ships are assisting it. I usually do the tanking and run away if the situation is dire but if there's no escape for me, I'll go banzai to death.

[KGHSF]
3,205 posts
6,030 battles

Those main gun turret with cap skill traverse speed only 54 sec that's too worst than 2 of them

in other words secondary gun shorter than GK 9.4km and weak AA walls (I'm anti-air BB)

So then just nerf unnecessary fire range to 24?  

Edited by THAI_THIEF

[CLAY]
57 posts
5,127 battles

As a player who mains the IJN line, especially the Yammy, I would say the ship is perfectly fine right now. Usually I help to push along with the team, since I do not really bother when the bill arrives. I get your point on Yamatos camping 20+ klicks away and sniping but I assure you, those players are usually the ones that will either score one of the lowest in the scoreboard or survive in the end to complain why no one in the team is left.

However, it is crucial to understand that she isn't perfect, like what others have mentioned: Slow turret traverse, Huge Citadel areas, Slow asf maneuverability and a superstructure that seems to be covered in oil. 

What you encountered usually is pure luck for that Yammy player. I have had RNGesus screw me over by saying, NOPE, perfect aim? why don't I just make those shells fly past that ship.....although in occasion, I do get full blow citadel hits on cruisers or battleships. 

If you want to talk about nerfs, I would not even bring up Montana....teehee~          But that Grosser Kurfürst​ is the one. I understand that German ships are hard to citadel-I have yet to citadel one actually, but man I do get scared whenever I see one.

Everytime it would go like:

Me: Full salvo onto that GK. 3/9 hits. All dealing 1400 damage.

Grosser Kurfürst​: Fires all salvo. Deals 20k damage.

Me: Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope. I'm done here. HERE COME DAT RAM BOI !

But yea, all in all, the ship is fine. Ya just gotta take a look out for the players that handles her. See you out there sailor!~

P.S. I am a modeler and I adore my 1/350 scale IJN fleet, especially the Yamato no doubt. It is great to have a physical copy of it in life but having a digital version of it that sees action makes it more worthwhile don't you think? :child:

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Those main gun turret with cap skill traverse speed only 54 sec that's too worst than 2 of them

in other words secondary gun shorter than GK 9.4km and weak AA walls (I'm anti-air BB)

So then just nerf unnecessary fire range to 24?  

nah, pretty sure that Yamato has the same secondaries range like GK.

[-ONO-]
Beta Tester
3 posts
4,710 battles

Just wait for the tier 10 Russian BB to appear, the guns off Yamato, 4 instead of 3 thou, the speed and maneuverability of Montana and of course the Grosser Kurfurst's armour. And more HP than all of them.

The Sovetsky SerB  shall defeat all  :teethhappy:

82 posts
2,945 battles

bb tanking should be more emphasized tho. no not the ones called bow in reverse. If any, the cap system should be revised so that the bigger the ship, the harder for the enemy to decap, and you will finally see yamatos nearer albeit with 4 fires from john ca