Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

North Carolina AA impression

21 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

I don't play CV, I still have Clear Sky, that is because of NC. I love NC :D

My build: BFT+AFT+MAA, Fighter, AA-Range-Upgrade. Occasionally use AA flags if I am in a div with a CV player. AA bubble extended to 7.2 km. There were even incidents like enemy strike package are on me, friendly CV strafe, but NC gets all the plane kills.

CVs, PLS.

What surprising is, I met CVs who get obsessed to drop on NC and they empty their almost entire reserve on me. Idk why.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

amagi and NC's aa rating is almost similar but somehow aa amagi struggles with ryujo planes while NC just simply becomes bermuda triangle

You shouldn't take AA rating into measurement because most of the time they're misleading, look at the stats of individual AA guns instead.

If you compare Amagi & NC top hull AA stats:

Amagi:

25 mm/60 Type96 Twin mod. 1 - 120 DPS@3.1km
25 mm/60 Type96 Triple mod. 1 - 73 DPS@3.1km
25 mm/60 Type96 mod. 1 - 32 DPS@3.1km
127 mm/40 Type89 A1 - 80 DPS@5km

NorCal

40 mm Bofors Mk2 - 238 DPS@3.5km
20 mm Oerlikon Mk4 - 158 DPS@2km
127 mm/38 Mk32 - 151 DPS@5km

Notice the bolded part? That's why even RJ planes can drop on Amagi without significant plane loss.

Because its AA only starting to hurt at 3.1km compared to 3.5 - 5km that the NC has.

The longer planes linger in the AA bubble = more AA damage receive = more planes died before they can drop effectively.

And that's before taking account of AA upgrades.

Do you really hate CVs? Put a captain with BFT/AFT/MAA on the NC with AA range upgrade and watch the salt rain (literally)

119 posts
2,071 battles

The whole CV mechanics are totally broken atm.

There is literally no reason why most people should or want to play CV's.

WG has been powercreeping up AA to the point now where everyone is an anti air cruiser! 

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

WG has been powercreeping up AA to the point now where everyone is an anti air cruiser! 

Yet, there are tons of CV players who are destroying server everyday, we have some of them here too.
Edited by icy_phoenix

81 posts
2,924 battles

You shouldn't take AA rating into measurement because most of the time they're misleading, look at the stats of individual AA guns instead.

If you compare Amagi & NC top hull AA stats:

Amagi:

25 mm/60 Type96 Twin mod. 1 - 120 DPS@3.1km
25 mm/60 Type96 Triple mod. 1 - 73 DPS@3.1km
25 mm/60 Type96 mod. 1 - 32 DPS@3.1km
127 mm/40 Type89 A1 - 80 DPS@5km

NorCal

40 mm Bofors Mk2 - 238 DPS@3.5km
20 mm Oerlikon Mk4 - 158 DPS@2km
127 mm/38 Mk32 - 151 DPS@5km

Notice the bolded part? That's why even RJ planes can drop on Amagi without significant plane loss.

Because its AA only starting to hurt at 3.1km compared to 3.5 - 5km that the NC has.

The longer planes linger in the AA bubble = more AA damage receive = more planes died before they can drop effectively.

And that's before taking account of AA upgrades.

Do you really hate CVs? Put a captain with BFT/AFT/MAA on the NC with AA range upgrade and watch the salt rain (literally)

but but , thats the joke

563 posts
4,686 battles

Have you seen Taiho/Hakuryu strike squadron? Massive middle finger to your AA

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Have you seen Taiho/Hakuryu strike squadron? Massive middle finger to your AA

Most tier 9 and 10 captains don't run AA spec so it ain't really a finger.

If my North Carolina with BFT+MAA and +20% range module can shoot down 8 Taiho torpedo bombers whilst  maneuvering, so should the Iowa and Montana, oh, don't forget to throw in the flag as well. MAA on tier 8-10 US battleships shits on planes, just like the Gneisnau

Edited by silenthunter19944

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Most tier 9 and 10 captains don't run AA spec so it ain't really a finger.

If my North Carolina with BFT+MAA and +20% range module can shoot down 8 Taiho torpedo bombers whilst  maneuvering, so should the Iowa and Montana, oh, don't forget to throw in the flag as well. MAA on tier 8-10 US battleships shits on planes, just like the Gneisnau

For Iowa and montana you will have one more AA upgrade slot :trollface: +25% to AA DPs. (although you cannot take that for practical reasons)

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

For Iowa and montana you will have one more AA upgrade slot :trollface: +25% to AA DPs. (although you cannot take that for practical reasons)

Wait until the CV rework come out early-mid 2017, I will gladly slap that module on when that time comes :trollface:

207 posts
8,178 battles

Wait until the CV rework come out early-mid 2017, I will gladly slap that module on when that time comes :trollface:

pssst m8 "nationality flavour" will negate your argument :trollface:

207 posts
8,178 battles

German high tier AA is almost as good as USN AA, since AA is the USN flavor, I think USN AA needs a buff :hiding:

buff USN AA start from erie  to 15 km, that will make USN King of AA :trollface:

Sign in to follow this