You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Soloun

4 Carrier's per Game

34 comments in this topic

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
177 posts
6,447 battles

Hi, any chance this can be stopped? 4 Carriers in a single Game I mean. 

I Just played a low Tier game in my Kami for some "fun" and it was a slaughter, both sides down to 2 ships at the end, not so much from lack of skill but more so no way to avoid that many drops from that many planes with such crappy AA to protect them.

I don't care about dying to a couple torps at the end, it was a good cross drop by their last CV, I made money and had some fun, but it was painful to watch, low Tier BB's just unable to avoid drops agianst them and some with NO AA to protect themselves. 

These are low tiers so hopefully some newbies, it certainly looked like they were, being mobbed by torp planes like that must make them think bugger this for a joke.

So what if CV players have to wait a bit longer for a drop, play a CV and put up with it, if you were a decent person you wouldn't play a CV :)

Please stop 4 CV games, I doubt if the CV's in the game even thought much of it by the end, it was just sad to watch and really crap to play overall. 

Super Tester
1,310 posts

well

its even scarier to get double CV game at high tier

think something like Haku + essex vs taiho + midway :wander_cap:

well

thankfully. the tier 9/10 game now limited to only 1 CV perteam

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

well

its even scarier to get double CV game at high tier

think something like Haku + essex vs taiho + midway :wander_cap:

well

thankfully. the tier 9/10 game now limited to only 1 CV perteam

Talk about a disease that I cannot mention in the forums.....

Super Tester
419 posts
4,238 battles

dont get me start with a stock hiryuu and ranger vs 15 point fully upgrade hiryuu and 15 point AS Saipan. In a tier 6-8 battle

If your was painful then mine was a bloody massacre

1,126 posts

4 CV game, 2 CV per side

... it happen a lot when I'm play kongo (since ship around that tier don't have much AA so CV is highly populate there)

every time i saw that, all I can do is #facepalm

damn that match... my kongo gonna become their food...

331 posts
17,093 battles

Its  just another whine by someone who doesn't play CVs.

from what it looks like you're just salty cause you didn't get to do some killing.

CVs are near extinction and youre still not happy.

you probably had 2 CV that were much better than  the enemy ones Reducing the number of CVs further would only make that effect worse.

Even with 2 CVs in the battle at T4-5 there are at most 6 and 8 squadrons of planes respectively.  Once they strike its a hard minimum of 1 minute before they strike again and that's assuming you're well within spotting range of the ship. It is typically 2-3 minutes before the next strike as the planes have to fly back to base to rearm.

Well if you keep sailing in straight lines what do you expect? As it is you already have to be  brain dead to get hit by torps regularly even airdropped ones. A DD captain with even a tiny bit of skill is nearly impossible to hit with Air droped torps and bombs at low tier..  At low tier the BBs are the most manuverable the ever get and the fully upgraded tech tree ones can be real monsters in AA to the point I would rather attack a NY with planes.

The only BBs at T4 that dont have AA are all premiums and one of them is ridiculously OP to the point it has only been in the shop once

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

low Tier BB's just unable to avoid drops agianst them and some with NO AA to protect themselves. 

The only low tier BBs with little to no AA are premium BBs.

Kaiser, Myogi and Wyoming have a nice amount of AA weaponry combined with enough maneuverability to dodge most torpedoes

even without dropping speed to avoid hits.

Being new to the game is no excuse for having zero situational awareness and I'd rather have my teammates learn

it at lower tiers.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,034 battles

Generally speaking, when I get 2v2'ed its not just the loadout mismatch that worries me, its also the competence of the allied CV (doubly so if he is the higher tier carrier). It has been a cause of salt in the past.

341 posts
4,039 battles

CVs are hard to learn IMO. I played my Myogi only to get a Hosho, thinking I would be overpowered with the old n00b mind of mine back then, but I played a Hosho only to learn the ways average carrier players could be countered and that I was horrible at the strategy and skills required for carrier play and enjoyed my battleships more...

I'm not exactly elated to see a bunch of carriers, but I'm fine with it, usually can deal with it and...

...suddenly, 15 point Langley or Bogue sealclubbers :(

(But seriously,  I respect the CV like it's any other player.)

119 posts
2,087 battles

The problem isn't so much that you met two CV players, its more than CV's are so broken at the moment, that only 18 point uber CV captains are still playing them, which means that usually the average pleb like us gets out played.

Which results in salt in the forums, which causes WG to further break CVs, which leads to only OP players playing them etc etc etc... 

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

I miss seeing CVs. Unless I'm in a DD.

The CV can turn a game or have a strong team lose, they are game changers without a doubt.

To the OP id love to see two CVs at all tiers. I keep most my ships with AA, or those with little AA i tend to keep with other vessels.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

1 Cv, 2 CV it doesn't really matter... It's who's driving them that counts.

A good CV captain can absolutely destroy a team as it's all skill based, so inbalances really show when you have players of different ability levels on opposing tyeams. 

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
465 posts
9,889 battles

Well let's face it, low tier carrier is indeed too good. There is no DF except for that one cruiser that never got released anymore and that one DD which nobody gonna takes DFAA on it and nothing with half decent AA to actually stop the strike. 

Although to be fair if you got 3 Kongou stacking together it is good enough to stop even Bogue's. It's just never happened.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,034 battles

remember there 4 carrier in tier high tier game. just cry when you got raided by 20 tier IX/X torp bomber 

That is no longer a thing. T9-T10 I can understand, T8, why? Same loadouts as T7, and we have no problems letting those get 2v2...

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
465 posts
9,889 battles

That is no longer a thing. T9-T10 I can understand, T8, why? Same loadouts as T7, and we have no problems letting those get 2v2...

probably because of Strike Lexington, 2 of them can translate into "Good Game Well Played" 

Or maybe because of DFAA and it would be unfair for the Hiryuu/Ranger/Saipan?

[HMAS]
78 posts
5,412 battles

From what I have seen Carriers are less common than they used to be.

I have spent the creds upgrading AA defence perks on my Tugs and 

Flattops are absent more often than not.. 

Thank God for the Smoke !!