Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Not liking the new sound effects

28 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

Just a personal opinion but the new in game sound effects are bloody annoying. That screeching sound when a radio msg is sent or something is piecing as is the sound when a base is capped or some other in game objective.

Just wondering if others feel the same?

440 posts
3,380 battles

For me everything's good and I quite like it, except one of the battle start voice for American english (sounds like some fat dude was speaking)

Super Tester
7,582 posts
8,005 battles

Two things I am not liking is the sound of wind blowing and the shell sounds. I think the old gun fire sound was much cooler and felt heavier. However, this is just personal preference, and I do not expect it to be always to my liking. 

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I think the old gun fire sound was much cooler and felt heavier

Yeah This ^^^ I like old sounds now they feel like those water guns.
Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Agree, in fact I was contemplating on making the same thread to complain about the new sounds. The new sounds are so cheap. The wind have only 1 low quality SFX while the gun fires have been tamed and now sound even more unrealistic. and it's freakin annoying that the wind sounds only when you zoom out. For someone like me that zooms in and out constantly, it's quite nauseating. If only I have time nowadays I would have made a better mod than this. . .

We want a deep, lingering BOOM that cranks the bass when we fire our guns and feel their caliber, not this high pitched crap. And isn't WG a big company? How the heck did they fail to procure more than one SFX for the wind, and a low quality at that?

Edited by Deicide

Super Tester
2,725 posts

The new main gun's firing sounds on battleships are like gun barrel fitted with silencers and it doesn't feel the "show of force" for a battleships at all.

I'll just wait for next gun sound rework in future patch, so when? Soon™

Edited by Mingfang47

[LBAS]
4,501 posts
25,685 battles

For me everything's good and I quite like it, except one of the battle start voice for American english (sounds like some fat dude was speaking)

Thats what I hate

The new main gun's firing sounds on battleships are like gun barrel fitted with silencers and it doesn't feel the "show of force" for a battleships at all.

I miss Colorado, Bismarck old Gun' sound

440 posts
3,380 battles

Jingles ?

not exactly since the guy sounds like someone who has fat chubby cheeks. Also I forgot to mention just like everyone else Bismarck sounds horrible. It's like shooting usp-s (fuso also changed and I don't know about the other battleships)

Edited by rouge42

563 posts
4,686 battles

Dude, the British voiceover is WAY WORSE

1,070 posts
3,850 battles

Agree, in fact I was contemplating on making the same thread to complain about the new sounds. The new sounds are so cheap. The wind have only 1 low quality SFX while the gun fires have been tamed and now sound even more unrealistic. and it's freakin annoying that the wind sounds only when you zoom out. For someone like me that zooms in and out constantly, it's quite nauseating. If only I have time nowadays I would have made a better mod than this. . .

We want a deep, lingering BOOM that cranks the bass when we fire our guns and feel their caliber, not this high pitched crap. And isn't WG a big company? How the heck did they fail to procure more than one SFX for the wind, and a low quality at that?

+1.  The guns are going "pffft pffft" insted of "boom boom"! WG please buff the sounds,they are to UP now.

Oh,and if you turn down the ambient noise slider it gets rid of that annoying wind sound to.I think I still have some WG email surveys to fill out,I will bring it up in them.

683 posts
7,367 battles

Two things I am not liking is the sound of wind blowing and the shell sounds. I think the old gun fire sound was much cooler and felt heavier. However, this is just personal preference, and I do not expect it to be always to my liking. 

No no this is not personal references anymore. New battleships main guns sounds are really really... thin, unrealistic, and sounds bad. the old one, though I never heard the real gun blast sound before, sound satisfactory when firing. 

In game wind sound is like adding legs to a snake when drawing a snake (chinese saying), and the radio sound... err... Yeah, though not irritating to me, but not pleasant either. 

Edit: Bismarck, Tirpitz, and GK... now their gun sound terrible when firing... man.. 

Edited by Darkworld_2015

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Obviously the only way to make the gun sounds better and accepted by everyone is to change them into lazer sounds that goes pew pew pew~

Bring back space battle pls.

Super Tester
7,582 posts
8,005 battles

Not just the new BB gun sounds are thin, the cruiser guns sound like water gun now. I was LMAO when I heard Kutuzov's and Atago's gun sound last night. Who came up with this idea? Why try to fix things that is not even broken. 

Bring back heavy gun sound please.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Yeah the Myoko guns sound very lightweight now, sound like a like cruiser's guns. Cleveland now sounds like a DD with a pew pew.

24 posts
1,925 battles

That screeching sound when a radio msg is sent or something is piecing as is the sound when a base is capped or some other in game objective.

Just wondering if others feel the same?

Yep, hate the new screeching sound too

331 posts
17,093 battles

All the guns seem to sound like silenced small caliber handguns I want my big meaty sounds back.

Edited by Moganite

12 posts
9,980 battles

The wind sound when zoomed out sounds like something left over from the Halloween mission. Plus the radio sound bytes, zoomed out, really? Come on WG, fix it please.

9 posts
635 battles

It seems to be a conspiracy by Zao lovers, because they want to be stealthy after firing main guns, so they are trying to put some silencers on the gun barrels.

Tanks did it first!

155mm_suppressor-tfb.jpg

892 posts
7,853 battles
Can't really make out what one of the sound is supposed to represent but I can only assume it is the sound of water breaking by the hull. It sounds like a jet plane screeching overhead.

Sign in to follow this